Contribute
Register

Gigabyte B550 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + AMD Ryzen 7 3700X + AMD RX 5600 XT

When we first starting experimenting with AMD Ryzen systems, we would disable Above 4G Decoding and instead add npci=0x1000 (or was it 0x2000?) to boot-args. This would allow devices to connect to Thunderbolt. I wonder if we should give this a try.

It was npci=0x2000

yeah rj510 is right above 4g only works with npci=0x2000

no luck but i made dumps for ya

THIS Thunderbolt port did work once, so its something

i wonder if mabey i have a drive in my system blockign the port but thats doesnt make sense since tb works fine in windows

i have sip disable but i dont thats the issue

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 35
I also tried with F2, and above 4g disabled caused weird artefacts at boot and I never got into the system. I have just ordered the Vision D, and fixed to return my Vision D-P for a penalty of $15. So I guess I'll manage :)

i wonder if mabey i have a drive in my system blockign the port but thats doesnt make sense since tb works fine in windows

And yes, it is weird how it did show up the very first time, and then disappeared.

Are you sure the new Thunderbolt SSDT is enabled and correctly spelled out in config.plist? A screenshot of "OpenCore Configurator --> ACPI" would be helpful.

If Thunderbolt is important to your workflow, I think it's time to consider returning the B550 Vision D-P and switching to the B550 Vision D...

@CaseySJ, just being curious, have you tried the MacPro7,1 definition, to see if DRM in the TV app is a non-issue?

Last edited:
@CaseySJ, just being curious, have you tried the MacPro7,1 definition, to see if DRM in the TV app is a non-issue?
I have not personally tried MacPro7,1 but it is worth trying...

Are you sure the new Thunderbolt SSDT is enabled and correctly spelled out in config.plist? A screenshot of "OpenCore Configurator --> ACPI" would be helpful.

If Thunderbolt is important to your workflow, I think it's time to consider returning the B550 Vision D-P and switching to the B550 Vision D...
@CaseySJ Screen shot attached

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-06-25 at 11.56.45 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-25 at 11.56.45 PM.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 55
Back