Contribute
Register

Gigabyte B550 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + AMD Ryzen 7 3700X + AMD RX 5600 XT

Okay, now the GPP1 sub-tree is properly named by DSDT, which is an improvement! The B550 Vision D SSDT should work. Let's give it a try (attached; note the exact file name):
  • Copy file to OC/ACPI folder
  • Add a reference in ACPI section of config.plist
  • Reboot and let's look at IOReg again (want to see if all sub-devices are named properly)
Regarding Bluetooth, don't worry because the BCM94360NG is coming. A small change to USB map might also be needed (not sure yet).

Additionally, you have a Thronmax MDrill One Pro microphone connected to one of the external USB 2.0 ports. Try moving that to the other external USB 2.0 port.
Screenshot 2021-06-23 at 23.02.52.png

Yes the BT is secondary right now. :)

I have put the mic in a different USB2-port, and here is a new reg file.

Again, truly appreciate your help!

Attachments

• basak ioservice v8.ioreg
    4.8 MB · Views: 55
Yes the BT is secondary right now. :)

I have put the mic in a different USB2-port, and here is a new reg file.
Thanks for moving the microphone. This confirms that USB ports PO10 and PO09 are configured the same as on B550 Vision D. The USB port mapping might still need a minor tweak, but let's worry about that later.

Again, truly appreciate your help!
Much better -- now all Thunderbolt device names are correct:
Screen Shot 2021-06-23 at 2.27.08 PM.png
Because Thunderbolt devices still don't connect, let's have a look at BIOS. If you insert a USB flash disk that has an EFI partition, you can press F12 in BIOS Setup to save a screenshot. It will be saved as a .bmp file, which can be converted to JPEG or PNG using an image editor.
  • It would be good to see a screenshot of the Thunderbolt (USB Type C with TitanRidge Support) settings.
  • Also confirm that Above 4G Decoding is enabled.
  • Also confirm that SuperIOConfiguration --> Serial Port is disabled.

Because Thunderbolt devices still don't connect, let's have a look at BIOS. If you insert a USB flash disk that has an EFI partition, you can press F12 in BIOS Setup to save a screenshot. It will be saved as a .bmp file, which can be converted to JPEG or PNG using an image editor.
  • It would be good to see a screenshot of the Thunderbolt (USB Type C with TitanRidge Support) settings.
  • Also confirm that Above 4G Decoding is enabled.
  • Also confirm that SuperIOConfiguration --> Serial Port is disabled.
Here you go:

210623213900.jpg

210623213849.jpg

210623213825.jpg

I have also exported a new reg file, with the Apple ethernet TB2 adapter inserted into the other port via a TB2 to TB3 adapter (Apple's).

Attachments

• basak ioservice v9.ioreg
    4.9 MB · Views: 46
@basak,

Does the system crash when you connect Ethernet cable to the i225-V port? How about the RTL8125 port?

@CaseySJ,

I am running it on the RTL8125 port with no problems (always on ethernet), the i225-V seemed to cause my system to hang earlier, but since you asked me to leave it turned on, I have experienced zero crashes.

I have switched to the i225-V now.

Here you go:

I have also exported a new reg file, with the Apple ethernet TB2 adapter inserted into the other port via a TB2 to TB3 adapter (Apple's).
No change, but let's do the following (refer to screenshot):
  • Disconnect Thunderbolt device
  • Click the Clear Logs button in Hackintool
  • Connect the Thunderbolt device (not the TB2-to-TB3 adapter by itself, but with an actual device attached to the adapter)
  • Wait a full 10 seconds
  • Click the Refresh Logs button
  • Then click inside the log window and press CMD-A to select "All" log lines
  • Copy to clipboard (CMD-C) and paste into TextEdit and save the file
  • Upload the TextEdit file

Screen Shot 2021-06-23 at 2.52.39 PM.png

@CaseySJ,

I am running it on the RTL8125 port with no problems (always on ethernet), the i225-V seemed to cause my system to hang earlier, but since you asked me to leave it turned on, I have experienced zero crashes.

I have switched to the i225-V now.
You see now why we keep telling people to avoid the latest BIOS releases (those with Resizeable BAR support)!! :)

Attachments

• basak hackintosh log.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 42
You see now why we keep telling people to avoid the latest BIOS releases (those with Resizeable BAR support)!! :)
Didn't think it would mean that much for something like ethernet! :)

Another log upload to double check

Attachments

• basak hackintosh log v2.zip
    2 KB · Views: 38
Back