Contribute
Register

Gigabyte B550 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + AMD Ryzen 7 3700X + AMD RX 5600 XT

Attached.

Yes it is a PCIe add-in card, as I recall it was special, because it was an original Apple 943602CS card, adapted to be used in PCI-E 4x or 8x slots, back in the day and not x1 exclusively I do however have a 94360NG M.2 module on order, so that should sort it out. :)

Check.

I am referring to ALL other drives except my main NVMe 1TB WD 750. My two SSDs and my to spinning HDDs appear as external drives (see screenshot). Again this was fixed in F12G but then my broadcom card

And thank you @CaseySJ
The IOReg file indicates that everything under GPP1 is mis-named, which includes Thunderbolt, WiFi, both Ethernet ports, and USB ports. This does not mean they won't work, but there can be problems.

This is a bit worse than expected.

Please provide the following:
  1. MaciASL --> File --> New from ACPI --> DSDT
    Screen Shot 2021-06-23 at 10.41.35 AM.png
  2. Hackintool --> PCie --> Export
    Screen Shot 2021-06-23 at 10.40.15 AM.png
  3. Your zipped EFI folder with serial numbers removed from config.plist --> PlatformInfo --> DataHub.

Please provide the following:
  1. MaciASL --> File --> New from ACPI --> DSDT
  2. Hackintool --> PCie --> Export
  3. Your zipped EFI folder with serial numbers removed from config.plist --> PlatformInfo --> DataHub.

I can provide 2 and 3, however MaciASL gives the following error:

Screenshot 2021-06-23 at 19.48.30.png

I'm trying to find out, how to fix that in the mean time here's pcidevices and my EFI

Attachments

• basak pcidevices.zip
    9.5 KB · Views: 40
  • basak EFI.zip
    6.6 MB · Views: 42
I can provide 2 and 3, however MaciASL gives the following error:

View attachment 522642

I'm trying to find out, how to fix that in the mean time here's pcidevices and my EFI
Please try MaciASL 1.6.1 from here. Just launching the app should open the DSDT by default.

Attachments

• Basak System DSDT.aml
    23.1 KB · Views: 39
Has the Intel AX200 module been removed from your board?
Yes, in anticipation of the Broadcom M2 module arriving in the mail, and having the PCI-e card, I removed it to avoid any issues.

@CaseySJ There you go, and thanks:
The plot thickens. The GPP1 device tree is barely defined in this DSDT. I'll send a couple of SSDTs one by one.

First, here is a modified Thunderbolt SSDT and modified config.plist.
  • Copy the Thunderbolt SSDT to OC/ACPI folder
  • Backup your existing config.plist and copy attached one to OC folder and add your serial numbers back into PlatformInfo --> DataHub
  • Reboot, log back in, run IORegistryExplorer, and post the IOReg file once again

Attachments

• SSDT-TB3-HackinDROM-B550-VISION-D-P.aml
    2.2 KB · Views: 40
  • config.plist
    63.5 KB · Views: 37
Yes, in anticipation of the Broadcom M2 module arriving in the mail, and having the PCI-e card, I removed it to avoid any issues.
Okay, no worries. But when you install the Broadcom M.2 card and remove the PCIe add-in-card, we'll need to modify DeviceProperties section.

The plot thickens. The GPP1 device tree is barely defined in this DSDT. I'll send a couple of SSDTs one by one.

First, here is a modified Thunderbolt SSDT and modified config.plist.
  • Copy the Thunderbolt SSDT to OC/ACPI folder
  • Backup your existing config.plist and copy attached one to OC folder and add your serial numbers back into PlatformInfo --> DataHub
  • Reboot, log back in, run IORegistryExplorer, and post the IOReg file once again
Done and thank you. (EDIT: Re-done, after I forgot to enable the SSDT you provided in config.plist)

Okay, no worries. But when you install the Broadcom M.2 card and remove the PCIe add-in-card, we'll need to modify DeviceProperties section.
Alright, if it is okay to ask you for pointers, I will probably do that, at the time :)

Attachments

• basak registry2 new.ioreg
    5.9 MB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Done and thank you. (EDIT: Re-done, after I forgot to enable the SSDT you provided in config.plist)
Oops, I had made that change, but forgot to save the file. However, please check that the name is correct as follows:

Screen Shot 2021-06-23 at 12.34.49 PM.png

Then reboot and post IOReg once again. The previous IOReg indicates that the SSDT did not take effect, most likely due to file name mismatch.

Alright, if it is okay to ask you for pointers, I will probably do that, at the time :)
Once we get through this (or if we get through this :)) then I'll be glad to describe the changes.

Back