Contribute
Register

Gigabyte B550 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + AMD Ryzen 7 3700X + AMD RX 5600 XT

Im using AUTO settings ... all working fine.
I see you are using MSI board, i have no knowledge of how that board works.

This below is my Gigabyte B550 Vision D. Boost works fine.

View attachment 522108
I'm using the

ASRock > X570 Phantom Gaming-ITX/TB3 3900X​

Speed steps do noting. Crashes under cinebench.

I've tried multiple different BIOS.

Unless I go into Ryzen Master, In Win 10, and reset CPU parameters, boost doesn't work and it's stuck at 3.8 Ghz

I did all the AMD specific patches from Dortania guide and is unstable. This issue persists under multiple Operating systems.

I added SMCAMDProcessor after AMDPowerManagement Kext and after VirtualSMC in my config.plist as it's a plugin.

Do you know if there's any extra steps t get boost working with OC 0.7 and 0.6.4?

Last edited:
It could be your FCLK and MCLK are not equal.

Did you also update to the latest BIOS?

It could be your FCLK and MCLK are not equal.

Did you also update to the latest BIOS?
I did update to latest BIOS 3.10. It originally came pre-2.70.

Currently Boost works again after version 3.00 and I left everything on Auto, with recommended BIOS settings and XMP profile 1.

A warm reboot from windows, after opening Ryzen Master, Resetting CPU parameters, then into OSX seemed to make it work. Thanks for the suggestions.

Now speedsteps works again and goes to 4.6 now after warm reboot.

Wow! I just got my Vision D running, and X570S AERO G comes out not even a half week later. I still haven't even figure out the TB stuff yet on this board. When I get a sec, I will try the original EFI you sent, @CaseySJ, to see if that made the thunderbolt works. Maybe it's something in my EFI folder.

I still have my Gigabyte Alpine Ridge Thunderbolt Card. Do you think it would work in this X570S board since you said it has a header. This board would probably give me much better temps, but what about audio performance?

@CaseySJ you guys where talking about getting the Apple to Ethernet adapter going in Big Sur, and the issue was the VT-d. Would I have to flash to that custom BIOS to get this working on my Z390 Designer board. If the Apple to Ethernet adapter is working, I'm sure I can run avid carbon from it now instead of having to use the 10G Ethernet card I have in it now.

Options!

Just a question, as I am about to upgrade my Hackintosh to a 5900x with the B550 Vision D-P board, that mrfatcatt also is using.

My question is, if using the OC 7.0 EFI, and copying over the RTL8125 driver solves the ethernet issues, and everything else should be good to go?

Also another question, which might have been asked: Why do we use the iMacPro defintion and not the Mac Pro 7.1? Wouldn't that more closely resemble the hardware here?

And lastly, I am installing my Radeon VII from my current build in my ryzentosh, do I need to keep all the other AGPMinjector kexts? And what does this kext do? I have never used it, in this 6700K build.

Apologies, if these questions have been asked and answered, and thank you for this tremendous guide. I am really looking forward to building this rig.

Oh.. forgot: the NVMe I currently use in my hackintosh, could I in theory just copy over the new EFI, and boot up the new system with that? (I do have a backup of my drive, but would love to just check that the system boots)

Just a question, as I am about to upgrade my Hackintosh to a 5900x with the B550 Vision D-P board, that mrfatcatt also is using.

My question is, if using the OC 7.0 EFI, and copying over the RTL8125 driver solves the ethernet issues, and everything else should be good to go?
It’s more than just copying the kext. Device Property PciPath addresses have also changed. Fortunately I have uploaded the B550 Vision D-P build to the HackinDROM App. It can be downloaded and installed directly from the app.

Also another question, which might have been asked: Why do we use the iMacPro defintion and not the Mac Pro 7.1? Wouldn't that more closely resemble the hardware here?
This is for historical reasons. It can be changed to MacPro7,1. In that case we need to enable RestrictEvents.kext.

And lastly, I am installing my Radeon VII from my current build in my ryzentosh, do I need to keep all the other AGPMinjector kexts? And what does this kext do? I have never used it, in this 6700K build.
I would recommend leaving them all off. But remove agdpmod=pikera from boot arguments. This can be done in many ways, including the HackinDROM App itself.

Apologies, if these questions have been asked and answered, and thank you for this tremendous guide. I am really looking forward to building this rig.

Oh.. forgot: the NVMe I currently use in my hackintosh, could I in theory just copy over the new EFI, and boot up the new system with that? (I do have a backup of my drive, but would love to just check that the system boots)
Yes this is viable. But if this is a disk that started with Yosemite or older, and has been upgraded ever since, then it might lead to sleep/wake or other issues. You may try anyway and see what happens.

Last edited:
It’s more than just copying the kext. Device Property PciPath addresses have also changed. Fortunately I have uploaded the B550 Vision D-P build to the HackinDROM App. It can be downloaded and installed directly from the app.

Thanks! I can only see the B5500 Vision D, and not the Vision D-P. Maybe I am looking at the wrong thing?

This is for historical reasons. It can be changed to MacPro7,1. In that case we need to enable RestrictEvents.kext.
I was mostly thinking that the core count would match the MacPro7,1, and that it would be possible to use Sidecar which doesn't work on iMacPro (a minor issue of course).

I would recommend leaving them all off. But remove agdpmod=pikera from boot arguments. This can be done in many ways, including the HackinDROM App itself.

Thanks!
Yes this is viable. But if this is a disk that started with Yosemite or older, and has been upgraded ever since, then it might lead to sleep/wake or other issues. You may try anyway and see what happens.
Thanks again!

Thanks! I can only see the B5500 Vision D, and not the Vision D-P. Maybe I am looking at the wrong thing?
Yes there's a technical problem that Inqnuam is trying to fix. It should be available in a day or so. If you need it sooner just let me know and I'll post the ZIP here.

Yes there's a technical problem that Inqnuam is trying to fix. It should be available in a day or so. If you need it sooner just let me know and I'll post the ZIP here.
Its is already available thought the app, no need to update the app
Maybe you'll need to restart the app
Screen Shot 2021-06-21 at 01.46.22.png

It showed up now, thank you very much!
I hope it is okay that I keep asking questions, I am just trying to understand some of the tiny differences in using a Ryzen on OpenCore.

I have included two screenshots of the kexts and ACPI, to make sure that I only have the necessary stuff installed for my system (Vision D-P, 5900x, Radeon VII, Broadcom Wifi/BT, 64 GB DDR4 and a WD 750 Nvme).

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-06-21 at 11.11.49.png
    Screenshot 2021-06-21 at 11.11.49.png
    85.2 KB · Views: 55
  • Screenshot 2021-06-21 at 11.12.18.png
    Screenshot 2021-06-21 at 11.12.18.png
    70.9 KB · Views: 59
Back