Contribute
Register

Gigabyte B550 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + AMD Ryzen 7 3700X + AMD RX 5600 XT

I did not expect to see this, but how nice!
  • AMD B550 motherboard from Asus.
  • Two Thunderbolt 4 ports!
  • Because it's B550, it runs the same Ryzen CPUs that are available now.
Yes !
A good promise :)

I saw this article about difference between Thunderbolt 3 et 4

For Mac Thunderbolt 3 and Vision D patch Thunderbolt , Thunderbolt 3 = Thunderbolt 4 ?
If I understand ?

** OpenCore 0.6.7 EFI for B550 Vision D **
Supports both Catalina and Big Sur
Please do not quote this post in its entirely. Use a link instead.

Requires OpenCore Configurator 2.29.0.1 or Newer.

URGENT: Set OpenCore Configurator "Preferences" to OpenCore 0.6.7 Release Version

The formal release of OpenCore 0.6.7 has arrived, along with an update of WhateverGreen, AppleALC, and VirtualSMC.

This EFI contains the following changes:

Bootloader / Kexts:
All of the items listed below are official builds.
  • OpenCore 0.6.7
  • WhateverGreen 1.4.8
  • AppleALC 1.5.8
  • VirtualSMC 1.2.1
config.plist Changes:
  • Misc --> Security --> SecureBootModel --> Disabled (change to Default for OpenIntelWireless)
  • Kernel --> Patch --> F1/F2 Brightness Keys --> Disabled
  • NVRAM --> Add --> csr-active-config --> 00000000 (SIP Enabled for System Integrity Protection)
    • If you need to disable SIP, set this to E7030000
  • NVRAM --> Delete --> csr-active-config (allows us to change SIP without needing to Reset NVRAM)
How to Use:
  1. Find a USB flash disk with an EFI partition, or format the USB flash disk in Disk Utility with Scheme = GUID Partition Map and Format = MacOS Extended (Journaled).
  2. Mount EFI partition of the USB flash disk.
  3. Download the attached ZIP into the top level of the EFI partition of the USB flash disk. When the file is unzipped, there will be a folder called EFI-067-B550-VISION-D.
  4. Rename this folder to EFI, otherwise the system will not boot.
  5. Use HackinDROM to transfer PlatformInfo from existing OpenCore config.plist to new version. Please follow the guide by clicking here and select one of the following from the CopyConfig feature.
    • B550 Vision D (AMD) OC 067 - CaseySJ
After the modified config.plist has been copied to the EFI/OC folder of the USB flash disk, proceed as follows:
  1. Reboot and press F12 at the BIOS Splash Screen. When the BIOS Boot Menu (not OpenCore Picker) appears, select the USB flash disk.
  2. Warning: It is necessary to Reset NVRAM one time prior to booting macOS. This can be done by pressing spacebar at the OpenCore Picker and choosing Reset NVRAM. On multi-boot systems, select the default startup disk in System Preferences --> Startup Disk.
  3. At the OpenCore 0.6.7 Picker menu, select and boot the internal macOS disk.
  4. If everything works correctly, copy the new OpenCore EFI folder from the USB flash disk to the EFI partition of the main macOS SSD.
CAUTION:
  • If you are using a custom Thunderbolt SSDT or any other custom SSDTs or Kexts, please update your config.plist accordingly.
  • During startup or reboot, the Gigabyte splash screen may take several seconds to clear, which means the OpenCore Picker GUI will take more time to appear. If this happens, the delay could be fixed by removing AudioDxe.efi from the OpenCore config.plist.

Attachments

• EFI-067-B550-VISION-D.zip
    7.2 MB · Views: 163
Last edited:
** OpenCore 0.6.7 EFI for B550 Vision D **
Supports both Catalina and Big Sur
Please do not quote this post in its entirely. Use a link instead.

Requires OpenCore Configurator 2.29.0.1 or Newer.

URGENT: Set OpenCore Configurator "Preferences" to OpenCore 0.6.7 Release Version

I really cant thank you enough for your tireless efforts in supporting this community @CaseySJ !!

Hi CaseySJ,

Thank you for the update. I tried updating the System the usual way. Only thing to do is drop in the MLB and Systemserialnumbers. I usually do that with the Proper Tree editor (copy paste the info). This time I wasn't lucky. I get a not allowed sign at boot. (I reset the NVRAM, what I haven't done in the prior updates.) So I left the System running on OC 66. Are there any known issues?

Best,

Tikakan

Hi CaseySJ,

Thank you for the update. I tried updating the System the usual way. Only thing to do is drop in the MLB and Systemserialnumbers. I usually do that with the Proper Tree editor (copy paste the info). This time I wasn't lucky. I get a not allowed sign at boot. (I reset the NVRAM, what I haven't done in the prior updates.) So I left the System running on OC 66. Are there any known issues?

Best,

Tikakan
Hello @tikakan,

Do you have a valid ROM number in PlatformInfo --> DataHub? Also give HackinDROM website a try. The CopyConfig feature is very easy to use.

Other suggestion:
  • At the OpenCore Picker, press and release CMD-V to enable Verbose mode.
  • Then select the macOS boot disk.
  • You will see log messages on screen.
  • When the messages stop, grab a photo but resize it to no more than 2000 pixels in X or Y. Also remove EXIF location information before posting.

So I left the System running on OC 66. Are there any known issues?
@tikakan

I just finished using @CaseySJ's EFI for OC 0.6.7, and it worked fine. Modified for my RX 580, my internal WiFi/BT card, and entered my serial numbers. Started from a USB thumb drive, cleared NVRAM, and booted right up.

I see CaseySJ has furnished some additional tips for you. Following his mini-guide should work.

Thanks CaseySJ for your continuing support!

** To Fix OpenCore Version Reporting **

After updating to OpenCore 0.6.7 it is possible that Hackintool and OpenCore Configurator will report that OpenCore 0.6.6 (or any previous version) is still installed. To fix this problem, please make the following simple change to config.plist. Will add this to the next EFI release when OC 0.6.8 is released in April.
full

** To Fix OpenCore Version Reporting **

After updating to OpenCore 0.6.7 it is possible that Hackintool and OpenCore Configurator will report that OpenCore 0.6.6 (or any previous version) is still installed. To fix this problem, please make the following simple change to config.plist. Will add this to the next EFI release when OC 0.6.8 is released in April.
full
THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Back