Contribute
Register

Gigabyte B550 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + AMD Ryzen 7 3700X + AMD RX 5600 XT

@Draft,

Here's a much better explanation of why Geekbench scores in macOS Big Sur (and Catalina) are lower than in Windows:

** OpenCore 0.6.6 EFI has been updated with latest AMD-OSX kernel patches to support macOS 11.3 **
Before installing 11.3, please download the new EFI and copy serial numbers into config.plist located in the ZIP file. Of course, you can also download the new kernel patches from GitHub (click here) and insert them manually into your config.plist.
Screen Shot 2021-02-06 at 4.36.27 PM.png

Last edited:
** OpenCore 0.6.6 EFI has been updated with latest AMD-OSX kernel patches to support macOS 11.3 **
Before installing 11.3, please download the new EFI and copy serial numbers into config.plist located in the ZIP file. Of course, you can also download the new kernel patches from GitHub (click here) and insert them manually into your config.plist.
It took about a half day to get the patches fixed.

Good job! Do we have you to thank for the update?
No, not me. When the beta crashed a new patch was added within hours. I was amazed at how quick it was done.

Currently trying to install the Mac OS on a Samsung 970 EVO, which the guide says not to do (with dates after 2020.10). The link at the beginning of the guide is broken- is this info still current?

Currently trying to install the Mac OS on a Samsung 970 EVO, which the guide says not to do (with dates after 2020.10). The link at the beginning of the guide is broken- is this info still current?
Yes the information is still current. If you recently purchased the 970 EVO, try it anyway just to be sure and let us know whether or not it works. Right now the warning against using new 970 EVOs comes from a "sample size of one" so I would like to see if the problem is in fact a general one.

word, I'm trying that right now and I'll get back with the results!

Yes the information is still current. If you recently purchased the 970 EVO, try it anyway just to be sure and let us know whether or not it works. Right now the warning against using new 970 EVOs comes from a "sample size of one" so I would like to see if the problem is in fact a general one.
The initial 970 EVOs worked, then the 970 EVO Plus came out with a bad controller firmware. Then they did a firmware update ,and they work too. But Samsung doesn’t use the Phison controllers which Apple prefers. So even the good ones tend to boot slow and occasionally freeze due to a lack of proper trim support.
Terminal : sudo trimforce enable May help along with the NVME.kext for OC.?

Back