Contribute
Register

Gigabyte B550 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + AMD Ryzen 7 3700X + AMD RX 5600 XT

Hey guys any idea how to get iMessage to work? I get server error. I don't have the check mark next to en0. I tried adding the proper MAC address to the ROM on the OpenCore plist which now displays this but I still get a server error. This is with the youbu card. Thanks so much!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-01-17 at 6.07.16 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-17 at 6.07.16 PM.png
    387.7 KB · Views: 54
  • Screen Shot 2021-01-17 at 6.13.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-17 at 6.13.49 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 52
Hey guys any idea how to get iMessage to work? I get server error. I don't have the check mark next to en0. I tried adding the proper MAC address to the ROM on the OpenCore plist which now displays this but I still get a server error. This is with the youbu card. Thanks so much!
Your motherboard has a Realtek 2.5GbE LAN chip, which is not natively supported in macOS. However, you may try the attached beta driver by Mieze. This is version 1.0.0d6.

It may be necessary to go to System Preferences --> Network, select the Ethernet port and set its speed to 1000 Mbps from Advanced... --> Hardware.

First, try the default (automatic configuration). If that fails, then try Manual Configuration and set speed to 1000baseT as shown. If that also fails, reduce speed to 100baseTX.

Not sure if this will fix Messages, but give it a try nevertheless.
Screen Shot 2021-01-17 at 3.56.11 PM.png

Attachments

• LucyRTL8125Ethernet-d6.kext.zip
    65.6 KB · Views: 66
Your motherboard has a Realtek 2.5GbE LAN chip, which is not natively supported in macOS. However, you may try the attached beta driver by Mieze. This is version 1.0.0d6.

It may be necessary to go to System Preferences --> Network, select the Ethernet port and set its speed to 1000 Mbps from Advanced... --> Hardware.

First, try the default (automatic configuration). If that fails, then try Manual Configuration and set speed to 1000baseT as shown. If that also fails, reduce speed to 100baseTX.

Not sure if this will fix Messages, but give it a try nevertheless.
View attachment 505414
Thanks will try this. At some point maybe I should switch to the vision board so I don't have to reinvent the wheel

did you try opencore 6.5 for sounds ?
maclinuxg4,

Thanks for the suggestion, I can confirm the 0.6.5 update worked on the audio for my Ryzen 5900X & RX6800! I also updated to the latest AMD Vanilla patch.

@echoesoflife,

You stated that Hot Plug requires Thunderbolt Boot from TB to be switched OFF. What are the other options for Thunderbolt Boot? Have you tried each of them in turn to see if the Apollo + Satellite daisy-chain works reliably (even if it needs to be connected and powered on before boot)?
Hi Casey,

Thanks for this and apologies for not responding sooner, was swamped with studio work!

I attach a table depicting my results. No luck as of yet. I experimented with many BIOS settings. My BIOS only has Thunderbolt Boot From TB Setting as Enabled or Disabled, no other options.

All the tests were executed from the starting BIOS point, which is attached. I was also using single Satellite OCTO daisy chained into the Apollo, and into Asus ThunderboltEX3-TR add-in card.

From these tests, it looks like Boot from TB BIOS setting impacts the ability to load the plugin at least once. Hence I am wondering whether this whole situation may be improved by changing the SSDT (any parameters that affect the way these devices boot?), or hardware activating Thunderbolt card.

Thank you again!

Attachments

• Asus B550 Thunderbolt UAD Tests.pdf
    68.7 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_20210118_193424.jpg
    IMG_20210118_193424.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 51
Hello Casey!

First thank you for all your work helping us all. I have made the plunge into AMD land, and I have got it up and running with a few issues using an X570 motherboard and 5800x.

I would like try and understand more about SSDTs. Especially how to generate them. I have used SSDT Time to generate a FakeED.AML file, and have a generic USBX.AML file, but almost everywhere it appears to be a combined file. I can also find little to no information about how to create the other SSDT files you use, as well as being slightly confused as to why you use a SSDT-PLUG file as from what I can see it is INTEL only.
Any help would be most appreciated.
Thanks

@deutscs,

There are several guides in the SSDT forum section.

Hello Casey!

First thank you for all your work helping us all. I have made the plunge into AMD land, and I have got it up and running with a few issues using an X570 motherboard and 5800x.

I would like try and understand more about SSDTs. Especially how to generate them. I have used SSDT Time to generate a FakeED.AML file, and have a generic USBX.AML file, but almost everywhere it appears to be a combined file. I can also find little to no information about how to create the other SSDT files you use, as well as being slightly confused as to why you use a SSDT-PLUG file as from what I can see it is INTEL only.
Any help would be most appreciated.
Thanks
For AMD motherboards I would recommend the Dortania guide. It's a great starting place. If you still have questions, feel free to ask.

As @Stork pointed out above, there are numerous good references right here on tonymac as well.

You're right about SSDT-PLUG. It's not needed on AMD, but it does no harm. I'll remove it in the next revision of the EFI when OC 0.6.6 is released.

Last edited:
Hello Community! Anybody tried flashing BIOS to F11? Any success? In my case I seem to have to remap my USBs because half of them stopped working.

Hi Casey,

Thanks for this and apologies for not responding sooner, was swamped with studio work!

I attach a table depicting my results. No luck as of yet. I experimented with many BIOS settings. My BIOS only has Thunderbolt Boot From TB Setting as Enabled or Disabled, no other options.

All the tests were executed from the starting BIOS point, which is attached. I was also using single Satellite OCTO daisy chained into the Apollo, and into Asus ThunderboltEX3-TR add-in card.

From these tests, it looks like Boot from TB BIOS setting impacts the ability to load the plugin at least once. Hence I am wondering whether this whole situation may be improved by changing the SSDT (any parameters that affect the way these devices boot?), or hardware activating Thunderbolt card.

Thank you again!
Hello @echoesoflife,

I sympathize with you on these issues regarding daisy chained UAD devices. Alas, this is also the reason why I have stated earlier in this thread that AMD Ryzentosh should not be used for (a) music production, (b) Adobe applications, (c) apps that use virtualization. Unfortunately there's almost nothing we can do with these types of Thunderbolt problems.

Back