Contribute
Register

Gigabyte B550 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + AMD Ryzen 7 3700X + AMD RX 5600 XT

LOL.. like a game of roulette... i missed it by milliseconds! No Zen3 for me today.
My local Micro Center had 150 people in line at 5:30 this morning, lots of folks grabbing these new chips.

My local Micro Center had 150 people in line at 5:30 this morning, lots of folks grabbing these new chips.

Sold out everywhere here, too, apart from the 5950x some places online. Time to save up for it at least :p

Just got back from my morning workout and thrilled to see the glowing YouTube reviews of the AMD 5000 series CPUs. These things are going to be in short supply.

Placed a preorder for Ryzen 9 5900X at 2am so let’s see how long it takes!

We did the right thing building a new B550 Hack... lets hope the performance will intrigue the developers for our hack to update the patches... :)

but im hopeful since the leaked Geekbench 5 Score of the 5950x was running on a Hackintosh with Opencore! :)

88281.png

Last edited:
We did the right thing building a new B550 Hack... lets hope the performance will intrigue the developers for our hack to update the patches... :)

but im hopeful since the leaked Geekbench 5 Score of the 5950x was running on a Hackintosh with Opencore! :)

View attachment 494324
2022 for single core?? WOW! Base Frequency says 3.50 GHz, but was the processor overclocked? YouTube reviewers have been able to attain 5 GHz easily.

Processor name is: AMD Eng Sample. Hmmm???!!!

I just got confirmation that my 5950x will be in stock end of Nov or mid Dec ...haha... Nvidia launch probs.. now AMD... that means for 6900XT it will be just the same... low stock on launch.

19H15 update from today works fine!

Screen Shot 2020-11-05 at 23.45.40.png

Last edited:
I just got confirmation that my 5950x will be in stock end of Nov or mid Dec ...haha... Nvidia launch probs.. now AMD... that means for 6900XT it will be just the same... low stock on launch.

19H15 update from today works fine!
I'll see your 19H15 and raise you 20B5022a (Big Sur Release Candidate) :)

Screen Shot 2020-11-05 at 4.23.10 PM.png

Hah! I’ll get there eventually :)

Hello,

I'm considering building a second station strictly dedicated to mixing audio ( Between 70 to 100 tracks ).
Has anyone here successfully build a AMD system that can run Avid Protools & AAX plugins?
If so, would you mind sharing your experience? Stability, bugs, issues, etc..
No Thunderbolt needed. Pcie and/or Dante protocol.

Thanks in advance.

Back