Contribute
Register

Gigabyte B550 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + AMD Ryzen 7 3700X + AMD RX 5600 XT

Hello @ASTAFF,

At this time we don't know (a) if AMD Ryzen 5000 CPUs are compatible, and (b) if AMD RX 6000 GPUs are compatible.

We are hopeful.
  • Ryzen 5000 CPUs may require new kernel patches.
  • RX 6000 GPUs might be natively supported in Big Sur.
  • On November 17we believe there will be an Apple Event that focuses on the Mac. Hence:
    • Information about Apple Silicon Macs.
    • Release of Big Sur (macOS 11).
    • Possible update of 16" MacBook Pro with Intel CPU and maybe AMD RX 6000 GPU.
  • Makes me wonder why AMD RX 6000 GPUs will be available for purchase the day after, on November 18!
    • Conspiracy theorists want to know!
So if Apple releases a Mac with AMD RX 6000 GPU, then hallelujah!! :)
In general, the only thing left to do is to wait)). Or just build yourself a good computer, powerful, install Windows 10 and not mess around. But still, if it is possible to roll BigSur will be great)).

Of course, only thanks to TARDIS I managed to get an Iphone from 2100, from which I am now typing this text)).
Only four days to go before 3rd Gen Ryzen is available. I might once again fall victim to temptation. :)

Will most likely replace the Ryzen 7 3700X on this system with Ryzen 9 5900X and sell the 3700X.

Warning: We may need to wait for new kernel patches.

** OpenCore 0.6.3 EFI for B550 Vision D **
Please do not quote this post in its entirely. Use a link instead.

Requires OpenCore Configurator 2.16.1.0 or Newer

The formal release of OpenCore 0.6.3 has arrived, along with an update of VirtualSMC, Lilu, WhateverGreen, and AppleALC.

This EFI contains the following changes:

Bootloader / Kexts:
All of the items listed below are official builds.
  • OpenCore 0.6.3
  • VirtualSMC 1.1.8
  • Lilu 1.4.9
  • WhateverGreen 1.4.4
  • AppleALC 1.5.4
config.plist Changes:
  • Kernel --> ExtendBTFeatureFlags --> False
  • Misc --> Security --> SecureBootModel --> Disabled (may need to change to Default for OpenIntelWireless)
How to Use:
  1. Find a USB flash disk with an EFI partition, or format the USB flash disk in Disk Utility with Scheme = GUID Partition Map and Format = MacOS Extended (Journaled).
  2. Mount EFI partition of the USB flash disk.
  3. Download the attached ZIP into the top level of the EFI partition of the USB flash disk. When the file is unzipped, there will be a folder called OC-063-B550-VISION-D.
  4. Rename this folder to EFI, otherwise the system will not boot.
  5. Inside the EFI/OC subfolder is config.plist. Open this file in OpenCore Configurator version 2.16.1.0 or later.
  6. From OpenCore Configurator's File --> Preferences, select Official --> OC 0.6.3 Release Version as shown:
    OCC Preferences.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-04 at 6.31.10 AM.png
  7. Click on PlatformInfo --> DataHub - Generic - PlatformNVRAM and copy/paste existing serial numbers and UUID into the fields shown in red.
    • Use Hackintool to copy existing values:
      Screen Shot 2020-11-06 at 3.47.17 AM.png
    • And paste them here one by one:
      PlatformInfo.png
  8. Save the file.
  9. Reboot and press F12 at the BIOS Splash Screen. When the BIOS Boot Menu (not OpenCore Picker) appears, select the USB flash disk.
  10. Warning: It may be necessary to reset NVRAM one time prior to booting macOS. This can be done by pressing spacebar at the OpenCore Picker and choosing Reset NVRAM. On multi-boot systems, select the default startup disk in System Preferences --> Startup Disk.
  11. At the OpenCore 0.6.3 Picker menu, select and boot the internal macOS disk.
  12. If everything works correctly, copy the new OpenCore EFI folder from the USB flash disk to the EFI partition of the main macOS SSD.
CAUTION:
  • If you are using a custom Thunderbolt SSDT or any other custom SSDTs or Kexts, please update your config.plist accordingly.

Attachments

• OC-063-B550-VISION-D.zip
    6.5 MB · Views: 251
Last edited:
Cant thank you enough @CaseySJ for your dedication to the community. You are already famous worldwide, lets make you famous intergalactically :)

The latest Adobe patches now allows Photoshop 2021 etc to run. The only issues I have seen are Liquify and Neural Filters don't work - which is no big issue for me as I don't use those.

Anyone running Topaz apps, e.g Denoie AI, Sharpen AI etc, the Adobe patches work for those apps as well. Just change the path from Adobe* to Topaz*.

im going to F5 my local retailer for the 5950x.. will report if i manage to score one and manage to boot macOS with it...

im such an idiot that i forgot i had to hold CTRL+F5!!! just remembered it 2 hours later.. lol.. i suck

Last edited:
LOL.. like a game of roulette... i missed it by milliseconds! No Zen3 for me today.

Back