Contribute
Register

Gigabyte B550 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + AMD Ryzen 7 3700X + AMD RX 5600 XT

I connected a USB Type A to Lightning cable between a black USB 2.0 port on the B550 Vision D and my iPhone 11 Pro Max, and it's charging the phone without any problem!
Can you please check if it still shows enough current when iPhone is on the same level as Optical USB Mouse and Matias Backlit Keyboard? Like under USB2.0 Hub under USB2.0 Hub?

Last edited:
Can you please check if it still shows enough current when iPhone is on the same level as Optical USB Mouse and Matias Backlit Keyboard? Like under USB2.0 Hub under USB2.0 Hub?
Things are a little different this time with regard to electrical current, but the iPhone 11 Pro Max is still charging through a USB 2.0 port located on the Matias keyboard itself (i.e. iPhone is plugged into the keyboard).
Screen Shot 2020-10-19 at 9.01.00 AM.png
IMG_2217.jpg

I tried with my Nvidia GT710 which works for my other Catalina built fine, however it hangs at the progress bar, not sure how to make it work. with my RX590 it boots fine showing AMD Radeon R9 380 8 GB.
PS: I couldn't make the sleep work, with or without T919 Fenvi WIFI adaptor connected to internal USB header. can anymore help.

I tried with my Nvidia GT710 which works for my other Catalina built fine, however it hangs at the progress bar, not sure how to make it work. with my RX590 it boots fine showing AMD Radeon R9 380 8 GB.
PS: I couldn't make the sleep work, with or without T919 Fenvi WIFI adaptor connected to internal USB header. can anymore help.
Hello @liyawolf,
  • Are you using Catalina or Big Sur on the B550 Vision D?
  • If Big Sur, which public beta are you using?
  • If you are using the ZIP file EFI-062-B550-VISION-D-ALL-PORTS-WITH-SLEEP.zip then it is necessary to use a Broadcom BCM94360NG NGFF M.2 WiFi/BT module by replacing the Intel AX200 module (and it will be necessary to remove the Fenvi FV-T919).
  • Which EFI Zip are you using?
  • To change the GPU name, please edit this string: Screen Shot 2020-10-19 at 2.54.05 PM.png

Things are a little different this time with regard to electrical current, but the iPhone 11 Pro Max is still charging through a USB 2.0 port located on the Matias keyboard itself (i.e. iPhone is plugged into the keyboard).
Then I believe iPhone's charging very slowly and iPad won't charge with that port. I'll make USBPorts.kext if you don't mind :) Can you please upload the export on the USB tab of Hackintool?
I'm no hardware person, but one thing that comes to mind is the current may be limited if a device is connected from controller-USB hub-USB hub.

Then I believe iPhone's charging very slowly and iPad won't charge with that port. I'll make USBPorts.kext if you don't mind :) Can you please upload the export on the USB tab of Hackintool?
I'm no hardware person, but one thing that comes to mind is the current may be limited if a device is connected from controller-USB hub-USB hub.
Correct -- there's not enough current to charge an iPad mini through the hub on the Matias keyboard. Attached is the raw unadulterated USBPorts.kext exported from Hackintool. The USBPorts kext in the EFI zip (post #1) is a modified version of this.
Screen Shot 2020-10-19 at 4.21.31 PM.png

Attachments

• USBPorts.kext.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 36
Thanks CaseySJ, my EFI partition is loaded with your latest EFI folder EFI-062-B550-VISION-D-ALL-PORTS-WITH-SLEEP.zip and with Fenvi T919 and Intel AX200 unplugged. my RX590 GPU fan started pinning in full speed after put it to sleep. don't really know what's wrong with mine. I did adjust BIOS based on your settings.

I'm on Catalina 10.15.7, will wait for Big sur final release to try again.

is there away to make my Nvidia GT710 to work on it?

@CaseySJ I didn't know that it was Matias Keyboard recognized as USB hub. There's nothing to be done about it.
In the meanwhile, I limited port count on PO10 builtin hub and assigned names and merely copied the k-current-values from XHC2. Since USB did improve on Big Sur Beta 6, then what I did may be pointless. But sleep may work below Big Sur Beta 6 with it. Only if you are interested :)

Attachments

• USBPorts-XHC-XHC2.kext.zip
    2.8 KB · Views: 35
Thanks CaseySJ, my EFI partition is loaded with your latest EFI folder EFI-062-B550-VISION-D-ALL-PORTS-WITH-SLEEP.zip and with Fenvi T919 and Intel AX200 unplugged. my RX590 GPU fan started pinning in full speed after put it to sleep. don't really know what's wrong with mine. I did adjust BIOS based on your settings.

I'm on Catalina 10.15.7, will wait for Big sur final release to try again.

is there away to make my Nvidia GT710 to work on it?
Sleep and Wake may not work properly with Catalina so it's best to try again with Big Sur final release. Regarding Nvidia GT710, I suppose we have to realize that the Apple ecosystem evolves and legacy products do get obsoleted. If the RX 590 is working, I would not bother with the old GT710.

Back