i7-3770
Graphics
HD 7770
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Support for some Nvidia GPUs such as GTX 680, GTX 780, and GTX 8800 that were natively supported has not ended. As far as I know, they support OpenCL, but not Metal. Newer models are not mentioned or supported.

View attachment 507366
Right now I can confirm that Nvidia GTX 770 Kepler is working, and it's Native. I'm on Big Sur 11.2.2 on Asrock X570M Pro4 with 3600x and Nvidia GTX 770.
Here the Nvidia list from dortania: Nvidia GPUs | GPU Buyers Guide (dortania.github.io)
the only problem I encountered is that I can't disable CSM because without it I see only black screen at boot and so I can't use 4G Decoding (solved with npci=0x2000).

here the screen

Attachments

• Schermata 2021-02-26 alle 19.35.13.png
    Schermata 2021-02-26 alle 19.35.13.png
    68.3 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Motherboard
Asrock H77 Pro4/Mvp
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
HD 7770
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
If sleep is working on your ASRock X570 Taichi, then you have piqued my interest...

Attached is the OpenCore 0.6.6 EFI folder from my own X570 Taichi, but with serial numbers removed. You're welcome to try this (with your serial numbers in PlatformInfo --> DataHub) to see if sleep/wake works.

I can do the same with your EFI folder.
Hi @CaseySJ I'm sorry for double post. I saw this post with the EFI attached, and I downloaded it because I'm on AsRock X570M Pro4 with 3600X.

I tried to make a comparison with your EFI. I attach mine (without serial of course) if you want to take a look. I'm on 11.2.2 and I think everything works, including sleep/wake and the power button of the case xD I saw on your EFI a patch delete DropAMDTable, can I ask you what is that?

P.S. Is there a github page or site/thread where I can find your work with Taichi and Creator?

Attachments

• EFI Asrock x570m pro 4 AMD STE Big Sur 11.2.2 + Nvidia 770.zip
    14.6 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@CaseySJ no new of your AMD 5950 ? or 5900
Alas I decided to hold off while I wait for new models from Apple and next generation processors from both AMD and Intel.

But I may purchase an AMD RX 6000-series GPU once macOS supports it.

Motherboard
Gigabyte B550 vision D
CPU
AMD 5900X
Graphics
GTX 710
I did not expect to see this, but how nice!
  • AMD B550 motherboard from Asus.
  • Two Thunderbolt 4 ports!
  • Because it's B550, it runs the same Ryzen CPUs that are available now.
Yes !
A good promise :)

I saw this article about difference between Thunderbolt 3 et 4

For Mac Thunderbolt 3 and Vision D patch Thunderbolt , Thunderbolt 3 = Thunderbolt 4 ?
If I understand ?

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
** OpenCore 0.6.7 EFI for B550 Vision D **
Supports both Catalina and Big Sur
Please do not quote this post in its entirely. Use a link instead.

Requires OpenCore Configurator 2.29.0.1 or Newer.

URGENT: Set OpenCore Configurator "Preferences" to OpenCore 0.6.7 Release Version

The formal release of OpenCore 0.6.7 has arrived, along with an update of WhateverGreen, AppleALC, and VirtualSMC.

This EFI contains the following changes:

Bootloader / Kexts:
All of the items listed below are official builds.
  • OpenCore 0.6.7
  • WhateverGreen 1.4.8
  • AppleALC 1.5.8
  • VirtualSMC 1.2.1
config.plist Changes:
  • Misc --> Security --> SecureBootModel --> Disabled (change to Default for OpenIntelWireless)
  • Kernel --> Patch --> F1/F2 Brightness Keys --> Disabled
  • NVRAM --> Add --> csr-active-config --> 00000000 (SIP Enabled for System Integrity Protection)
    • If you need to disable SIP, set this to E7030000
  • NVRAM --> Delete --> csr-active-config (allows us to change SIP without needing to Reset NVRAM)
How to Use:
  1. Find a USB flash disk with an EFI partition, or format the USB flash disk in Disk Utility with Scheme = GUID Partition Map and Format = MacOS Extended (Journaled).
  2. Mount EFI partition of the USB flash disk.
  3. Download the attached ZIP into the top level of the EFI partition of the USB flash disk. When the file is unzipped, there will be a folder called EFI-067-B550-VISION-D.
  4. Rename this folder to EFI, otherwise the system will not boot.
  5. Use HackinDROM to transfer PlatformInfo from existing OpenCore config.plist to new version. Please follow the guide by clicking here and select one of the following from the CopyConfig feature.
    • B550 Vision D (AMD) OC 067 - CaseySJ
After the modified config.plist has been copied to the EFI/OC folder of the USB flash disk, proceed as follows:
  1. Reboot and press F12 at the BIOS Splash Screen. When the BIOS Boot Menu (not OpenCore Picker) appears, select the USB flash disk.
  2. Warning: It is necessary to Reset NVRAM one time prior to booting macOS. This can be done by pressing spacebar at the OpenCore Picker and choosing Reset NVRAM. On multi-boot systems, select the default startup disk in System Preferences --> Startup Disk.
  3. At the OpenCore 0.6.7 Picker menu, select and boot the internal macOS disk.
  4. If everything works correctly, copy the new OpenCore EFI folder from the USB flash disk to the EFI partition of the main macOS SSD.
CAUTION:
  • If you are using a custom Thunderbolt SSDT or any other custom SSDTs or Kexts, please update your config.plist accordingly.
  • During startup or reboot, the Gigabyte splash screen may take several seconds to clear, which means the OpenCore Picker GUI will take more time to appear. If this happens, the delay could be fixed by removing AudioDxe.efi from the OpenCore config.plist.

Attachments

• EFI-067-B550-VISION-D.zip
    7.2 MB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
** OpenCore 0.6.7 EFI for B550 Vision D **
Supports both Catalina and Big Sur
Please do not quote this post in its entirely. Use a link instead.

Requires OpenCore Configurator 2.29.0.1 or Newer.

URGENT: Set OpenCore Configurator "Preferences" to OpenCore 0.6.7 Release Version

I really cant thank you enough for your tireless efforts in supporting this community @CaseySJ !!

Motherboard
Gigabyte Aorus z370 Ultra Gaming 2.0
CPU
i7 8700K
Graphics
Rx580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi CaseySJ,

Thank you for the update. I tried updating the System the usual way. Only thing to do is drop in the MLB and Systemserialnumbers. I usually do that with the Proper Tree editor (copy paste the info). This time I wasn't lucky. I get a not allowed sign at boot. (I reset the NVRAM, what I haven't done in the prior updates.) So I left the System running on OC 66. Are there any known issues?

Best,

Tikakan