- May 15, 2016
- GIGABYTE X470 Arous Gaming 7 WiFi
- Ryzen R9 3900X
- RX 480
OpenCore 0.6.4 contains a fix for CPU frequency calculation on AMD 19h family. AMD 19h happens to be Zen 3. Wanna give it a try? (ZIP file is in the post below.)
- Please use a USB flash disk.
- Do not use OpenCore Configurator because it does not support OpenCore 0.6.4 Release Version and it will introduce an error in the config.plist.
- To transfer your serial numbers from existing config.plist into the new one, please try HackinDROM. Use the CopyConfigoption from the bottom dock.
- A new version of OpenCore Configurator should come out soon.
View attachment 500151
View attachment 500148
View attachment 500147
Indeed, otherwise price wise... an option that im still rocking is the Z390 Designare also CaseySJs baby. It has gone down tremendously in price and you can rock the 9900K for USD 300+ well and above for audio. For me, I'll be rocking the Z390 for years to come until macOS only runs on M1 SoC.At this time I would not recommend this system for audio production because of some lingering problems with stuttering or garbled playback. The Z490 Vision D is a more reliable option.
I'm sure you've seen this report by Bloomberg:Indeed, otherwise price wise... an option that im still rocking is the Z390 Designare also CaseySJs baby. It has gone down tremendously in price and you can rock the 9900K for USD 300+ well and above for audio. For me, ill be rocking the Z390 for years to come until macOS only runs on M1 SoC.
First of all, thank you SO much for such a detailed Golden Build guide. I read from beginning to end 3x before starting (then I clicked my ruby heels for good luck) - so far everything is running flawlessly. I have done everything except for the TB3 chip flash, which I intend to do tomorrow after my chip clip arrives.Thanks for testing. Since it's a Cinema4D-related error, I think you're right that your older GPU might be the culprit.
Given that Ploddles had better luck, I'm still encouraged enough to give building my own machine a try.