Contribute
Register

Gigabyte B550 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + AMD Ryzen 7 3700X + AMD RX 5600 XT

... the addition of another 5950X that arrived today.
I'm just speechless :)

Asrock X570 Phantom Gaming 4 ITX/TB3 running BIOS 2.72 Beta

A little quirk, when using TB3.SSDT for hotplug.. the computer won't shutdown completely.
Try using a Thunderbolt SSDT with the correct DROM for the ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4 ITX/TB3. If you're running Linux, there's a simple command to read the Thunderbolt firmware without having to use an external SPI ROM reader. If you post that firmware, I can add it to HackinDROM, which will allow you to download a proper SSDT.

No audio issues with the Asrock board.
That's a promising sign.

@CaseySJ, did you get your 5900X yet?
Not yet. I'm expecting an order status update later this week.

A single-core score of 1615 on GeekBench 5 is a bit low for the 5950X. @Gigamaxx posted an incredible score of 2007 for the 5900X. And your 5600X scored an equally amazing 1967.

Last edited:
I'm just speechless :)

Try using a Thunderbolt SSDT with the correct DROM for the ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4 ITX/TB3. If you're running Linux, there's a simple command to read the Thunderbolt firmware without having to use an external SPI ROM reader. If you post that firmware, I can add it to HackinDROM, which will allow you to download a proper SSDT.

That's a promising sign.

Not yet. I'm expecting an order status update later this week.

A single-core score of 1615 on GeekBench 5 is a bit low. @Gigamaxx posted an incredible score of 2007 for the 5900X. And your 5600X scored an equally amazing 1967.
I picked up a 5600X for testing. I must have a really good 5900X the single core scores are above the norm.
I got further along on the audio issue. I found a OC 0.6.4 version and the latest Kernel Patches.
The 38 patch has above normal graphics scores, the 39 patches brings graphics to a normal Intel level.
The onboard audio is in synch, well headphones at least. But no graphics card fix yet.

**Im using a GA B550 Aorus Pro WiFi AC board so check your SSDTs and other fixes along with assigning serials, UUIDs etc.

GB4 5900X vs 5600X.png

GB5 5900X vs 5600X.png

Attachments

• Ryzen EFIs.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 50
Last edited:

@CaseySJ Do you know what the command is on Linux? or can you point me to the relevant discussion/website? Thanks!

(Have the same ASRock ITX Motherboard on the way for an AMD hack so trying to see if I can do it without using an SPI reader)

@CaseySJ Do you know what the command is on Linux? or can you point me to the relevant discussion/website? Thanks!

(Have the same ASRock ITX Motherboard on the way for an AMD hack so trying to see if I can do it without using an SPI reader)
Sure, please see the post linked below. If you have any questions about the procedure, feel free to ask.

@CaseySJ here is the extracted TB3 Firmware for Asrock X570 Phantom Gaming ITX/TB3

dd if=/sys/bus/thunderbolt/devices/0-0/nvm_active0/nvmem of=/opt/TB3-Controller-0-Fw.bin bs=4096 count=256
126+0 records in
126+0 records out
516096 bytes (516 kB, 504 KiB) copied, 4,57831 s, 113 kB/s

BTW, seems that PBO reacts differently with different OSes.

1607024534636.png

Attachments

• TB3-Controller-0-Fw.bin.zip
    215.1 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
@CaseySJ here is the extracted TB3 Firmware for Asrock X570 Phantom Gaming ITX/TB3

dd if=/sys/bus/thunderbolt/devices/0-0/nvm_active0/nvmem of=/opt/TB3-Controller-0-Fw.bin bs=4096 count=256
126+0 records in
126+0 records out
516096 bytes (516 kB, 504 KiB) copied, 4,57831 s, 113 kB/s

BTW, seems that PBO reacts differently with different OSes.

Because HackinDROM website is currently down, please find the custom SSDT attached here. It is for the ASRock Phantom Gaming 5 ITX/TB3 (or "PG5IT").
  • SSDT-TBOLT3-RP05-PORT7-PG5IT.aml
  • SSDT-DTPG.aml
Both files should be added to the OC/ACPI folder and to the ACPI section of config.plist.

Attachments

2.3 KB · Views: 44
  • SSDT-DTPG.aml
    100 bytes · Views: 46
Because HackinDROM website is currently down, please find the custom SSDT attached here. It is for the ASRock Phantom Gaming 5 ITX/TB3 (or "PG5IT").
  • SSDT-DTPG.aml
Both files should be added to the OC/ACPI folder and to the ACPI section of config.plist.
@CaseySJ hotplug didnt work, i think because the pci-path is a little different.
Please find the attached ioreg for Asrock X570 Phantom Gaming-ITX/TB3.

Thx!

Attachments

• asrock.ioreg
    5.3 MB · Views: 58
Attached here is the TB3 SSDT that I was using that supports hot plugging but it will not shutdown completely.

Attachments

• SSDT-TB3.aml
    1.6 KB · Views: 48
Attached here is the TB3 SSDT that I was using that supports hot plugging but it will not shutdown completely.
Please use the attached version, but notice the new filename:
  • SSDT-TBOLT3-BXBR-BYUP-PORT7-PG5IT.aml

Attachments

• SSDT-TBOLT3-BXBR-BYUP-PORT7-PG5IT.aml
    2.3 KB · Views: 41
Back