Contribute
Register

Gigabyte B550 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + AMD Ryzen 7 3700X + AMD RX 5600 XT

Yeah, it was 48 degrees this morning I shed one jacket now that it’s 52.

Tustin CA.

The line of s starting to back up to the freeway. View attachment 498316
Here in the Bay Area we need to replace Frys with MicroCenter. There was a MicroCenter here many years ago.

Here in the Bay Area we need to replace Frys with MicroCenter. There was a MicroCenter here many years ago.
I was here Sunday, they listed one 5600x and one 5800x. I was 5th in line but we got in and they had none. There were 2 guys from San Diego, one form LA, and one guy drove down from San Fran. Everybody was sad!

The RX 6800 was a Sapphire model priced a little high at $579 instead of $549. And I have a pre-order in place for the Ryzen 9 5900X.

Because I don't expect macOS to support Radeon 6000 series until March 2021 (this could change, but that's my personal best guess), I decided not to rush. Availability should be much better in early 2021.

Good job you don't live in the UK. Sapphire RX6800 priced at the equivalent of $802 (£599.99) and zero stock atm. No doubt the price will rise when the stock actually gets here.

RX6800XT - $910 (£679.99)

The price of the RX5700XT has even shot up to $669 (£499.99) as people realised that they aren't going to get a 6800 any time before spring/summer next year and decide to get the 5700 instead for the time being.

I’m so happy a few of us got hold of the 6800XT, so that testings can be done. I‘m so caught up with work and just too tired in the evenings to even test stuff. I think I’m getting too comfortable with my Mac Mini M1 :)

Still waiting on my 5950X. How long is the wait I wonder...

Last edited:
Thank you for the amazing guide!
Any chance to make Broadcom Bluetooth work in BIOS (HID Proxy mode)?
Have a nice day!

Thank you for the amazing guide!
Any chance to make broadcom bluetooth work in bios (HID Proxy mode)
Have a nice day!
If you're using a Fenvi FV-T919 or FV-HB1200 along with Apple Magic Mouse or Apple Magic Keyboard, then pair them with macOS first, reboot, and see if they work in BIOS and/or OpenCore.

If you're using a Fenvi FV-T919 or FV-HB1200 along with Apple Magic Mouse or Apple Magic Keyboard, then pair them with macOS first, reboot, and see if they work in BIOS and/or OpenCore.
I have bought the BCM94360NG NGFF M.2 from eBay. Paired my keychron k1 keyboard in macOS, but it doesnt seem to work in BOIS.

I have bought the BCM94360NG NGFF M.2 from eBay. Paired my keychron k1 keyboard in macOS, but it doesnt seem to work in BOIS.
I’m a big fan of Keychron keyboards, but they do not work in BIOS or OpenCore via Bluetooth. Only Apple Magic Mouse, Magic Trackpad, and Magic Keyboard might work, but only if the Broadcom card was pulled from an Apple computer. To check if your Broadcom card meets the criteria, simply post the IORegistryExplorer output file.

5900X! GA B550 Aorus Pro AC

Screen Shot 2020-11-26 at 5.01.42 PM.png

Back