Contribute
Register

Gigabyte B550 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + AMD Ryzen 7 3700X + AMD RX 5600 XT

device-id BF730000 (type=DATA)

Feel free to post screenshot of that page in OpenCore Configurator if you’d like us to verify.
Excellent, that fixed the problem. Thanks SO MUCH.
Screen Shot 2022-06-05 at 8.56.53 PM.png

Hey @CaseySJ

Hope you are doing well. I need some help again. I'm out of my league. Basically, I purchased a avid hdx card for my Intel 390 designer system system and that is working just great with OC 0.8.0. I can run pt like I used to in real time with their hybrid system.

The trick now was to bring my other dps avid carbon system which runs off of avb to my AMD system. So I packed it all up today and brought it to my other location, and, well, I think I'm stuck. I cant get carbon working. Well more specific, the Asus 10G nick to work in 12.4. So, as you may recall, i have a X570S AERO G. I have tried the last stable BIOS and then the most recent BIOS f4c with AMD AGESA V2 1.2.0.7. My rme ufx, hackintosh. All work but the asus 10g card works in Windows but not in macOS 12.4. So I looked around and according to this thread https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...0-gb-ethernet-for-big-sur.305261/post-2315281

AMD is not working. I tried to toggle DisableIOMapper = false and SVM on/off on both bios. no go. I copied v3 of the patch in OC 0.8.0 and that crashed my system when I turn carbon on in 12.4. I also updated OC to 0.8.1 beta and toggle force aquantia, and its does the same thing, crash the system. So I'm stuck....I want to replace my rme ufx card with carbon so I can mix with dsp on both my systems.

I read in that thread the Aquantia Asus DID work in Big Sur. Do I need to go back to last Big Sur version? If so, can I use OpenCore 0.8.0 or do I have to downgrade OC? I really like my AMD system and don't want to replace this system with a new Intel system.

Any advice, if you need any system info please let me know. I think the problem is getting the Asus 10G working on a AMD system because even when I plug my Internet into the 10G , it does not work. Hopefully, I would be all set if I can get this up and going. I need to use avb on a AMD system.

Rhetorical, I don't understand why avb is not even popular on Windows as it does wonders for audio.

Best
mrfatcatt

Hey @CaseySJ

Hope you are doing well. I need some help again. I'm out of my league. Basically, I purchased a avid hdx card for my Intel 390 designer system system and that is working just great with OC 0.8.0. I can run pt like I used to in real time with their hybrid system.

The trick now was to bring my other dps avid carbon system which runs off of avb to my AMD system. So I packed it all up today and brought it to my other location, and, well, I think I'm stuck. I cant get carbon working. Well more specific, the Asus 10G nick to work in 12.4. So, as you may recall, i have a X570S AERO G. I have tried the last stable BIOS and then the most recent BIOS f4c with AMD AGESA V2 1.2.0.7. My rme ufx, hackintosh. All work but the asus 10g card works in Windows but not in macOS 12.4. So I looked around and according to this thread https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...0-gb-ethernet-for-big-sur.305261/post-2315281

AMD is not working. I tried to toggle DisableIOMapper = false and SVM on/off on both bios. no go. I copied v3 of the patch in OC 0.8.0 and that crashed my system when I turn carbon on in 12.4. I also updated OC to 0.8.1 beta and toggle force aquantia, and its does the same thing, crash the system. So I'm stuck....I want to replace my rme ufx card with carbon so I can mix with dsp on both my systems.

I read in that thread the Aquantia Asus DID work in Big Sur. Do I need to go back to last Big Sur version? If so, can I use OpenCore 0.8.0 or do I have to downgrade OC? I really like my AMD system and don't want to replace this system with a new Intel system.

Any advice, if you need any system info please let me know. I think the problem is getting the Asus 10G working on a AMD system because even when I plug my Internet into the 10G , it does not work. Hopefully, I would be all set if I can get this up and going. I need to use avb on a AMD system.

Rhetorical, I don't understand why avb is not even popular on Windows as it does wonders for audio.
@mrfatcatt,

Sorry to intrude but I thought you might want to look at this post/build of mine > https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-aorus-xtreme-core-i5-10500-i9-10900k.317244/

I got the Aquantia NIC working on my setup from 12.3 onwards but I am using OC 0.7.8; so it avoids the ForceAquantia toggle. Aside from disabling DisableIOMapper and the AQC v3 kernel patch you have to try and enable VT-d in BIOS.

@mrfatcatt

Regarding Asus 10GbE card on your AMD Ryzen system, would you please post the following:
  • IORegistryExplorer —> File —> Save As… (then post the saved file)
  • Config.plist with serial numbers removed from PlatformInfo section

here you go thank you
Couple of notes:
  • The highlighted DeviceProperty is no longer needed and should be deleted as shown.
    Screen Shot 2022-06-07 at 2.04.41 PM.png
  • The Aquantia 10GbE NIC seems to be working fine. When you say it doesn't work in macOS, what issue or message do you see? For example, open System Preferences --> Network and click on the 10GbE Ethernet device on the left side. Then on the right side what does it say under Status?
    Screen Shot 2022-06-07 at 2.13.12 PM.png
Below we can see that the 10GbE NIC is at least connected to a macOS driver. NOTE: If you run Windows it may be necessary to COLD BOOT into macOS to get a connection on the 10GbE port.
Screen Shot 2022-06-07 at 2.09.55 PM.png

@CaseySJ
Yes, I looked, and I see the 10G is in IOReg. That's good news, I also deleted the other entry. Thanks for the tip.

I think what's going on is that there is no IP address being assigned to the 10G. If you look at what happens when I plug the internet into 10g, nothing happened. I turned and shut down the PC and restated directly into macOS. Does that constitute a cold boot? When I power on carbon, it crashes the machine. I tried to do both carb and my inet plugged into the 10G.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-06-07 at 6.09.27 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-06-07 at 6.09.27 PM.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 30
  • Screen Shot 2022-06-07 at 6.09.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-06-07 at 6.09.51 PM.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 30
  • Screen Shot 2022-06-07 at 6.10.27 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-06-07 at 6.10.27 PM.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 28
Last edited:
@CaseySJ
Yes, I looked, and I see the 10G is in IOReg. That's good news, I also deleted the other entry. Thanks for the tip.

I think what's going on is that there is no IP address being assigned to the 10G. If you look at what happens when I plug the internet into 10g, nothing happened. I turned and shut down the PC and restated directly into macOS. Does that constitute a cold boot? When I power on carbon, it crashes the machine. I tried to do both carb and my inet plugged into the 10G.
It’s seems likely that AppleVTD is necessary for fully enabling the Aquantia 10GbE card in Monterey. On an AMD Ryzen system, unfortunately, we cannot enable AppleVTD — it won’t appear at the top of the IOReg list.

However, the card should work in Big Sur on Ryzen.

P.S. Cold boot means shutting down, flipping power switch on PSU to OFF for about 10 seconds (or pulling power cable from the wall), then powering back up.

Last edited:
OK thanks. I just tried to flip the 10G card to my other PCI slot, and I toggled both disable io and SVM @Middleman which is AMD's version of VT-d. However, no go. I cannot get my inet working in 10g nick so for now I don't think its a avid carbon issue.

So @CaseySJ, what do I have to do to my config to run Big Sur with 10G? Is force the 10G necessary?

Also, The other thing I tried was using the Apple Ethernet to Thunderbolt adapter, and carbon doesn't show up. I think we spoke about this a year ago, and you told me the Apple Ethernet adapter doesn't not work in Monterey, right?

In the meantime @Middleman I can try your OC 0.7.8....man this is ruff. I wish someone has a working 10G on AMD..

The only other thing I can think off is talking to my guy at Avid to see if avb is a no go on AMD, or if carbon needs some special code from Intel that one one can think off. But I think this is because of my 10G nick.

Thanks, generally speaking I feel this is a important topic because a lot audio tech will be avb based. Which, unfortunately, Windows is seriously dragging their ass. Also, there are Avid Basher out there. However, my point and why this is important, is because for software latency. I'm talking sub 32 ms monitoring is only capable IMO on a UAD Unison Tech or HDX system. Everything else like RME will have latency when u go thru the system. Yes I know u can have monitor setups with RME real time, but you have to use there reverb and delay, etc., etc.

Last edited:
Back