If you don't have a bootable backup of 12.1, let me walk through the following:Ok I will try now with the 0.7.5 EFI thanks.
Unfortunately I dont have a bootable backup so I cant get into MacOS and do the IOReg stuff.
If you don't have a bootable backup of 12.1, let me walk through the following:
At which point are you currently stuck at?
- When you started the upgrade from 12.1 to 12.3.1, the system downloaded the update and began to prepare the update.
- Then macOS rebooted. This is Reboot #1.
- When OpenCore boot picker appeared, a new boot option appeared and it was selected by default. Do you remember that?
- This boot option was called Macintosh HD or something similar. This is a temporary name given by the macOS installer.
- When this boot option starts, an Apple logo will appear on a blank screen. A horizontal progress bar will appear under the Apple logo. This is the well known progress bar.
- About 1 minute later the progress bar should reach the end and the system should reboot. This is Reboot #2.
- Back at the OpenCore boot picker we should see the default boot option to be either Macintosh HD once again or the real name of the boot disk.
- The Apple logo and progress bar will appear again. We might see About 10 minutes remaining... or the system might reboot one more time before we get to About 10 minutes remaining.
FYI, AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext is already enabled in the OpenCore 0.8.0 EFI folder I posted earlier...So after enabling the MCEReporterDisabler.kext both my original OpenCore 0.7.5 and the updated 0.8.0 EFI can now boot into Monterey 12.3.1.
This looks like a Vega-related problem. Please double check that boot argument agdpmod=pikera is not present in NVRAM section of config.plist.But now I keep getting WindowServer crashes constantly once I log in and the system either hands up freezing or rebooting. Here is the message log I was able to take a photo of: