Contribute
Register

Gigabyte B550 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + AMD Ryzen 7 3700X + AMD RX 5600 XT

Please post a screenshot of Hackintool —> USB so we can see which ports are currently active.

Attachments

• PXL_20220205_030108276.jpg
    PXL_20220205_030108276.jpg
    7.5 MB · Views: 41
So I grabbed the IORegistry app and typed in the search XHC, and it found some USB ports. When I plugged in a 3.0 USB drive, nothing happened. No green. I tried all other ports and nothing. Should I disable my current USBports.kexts file first?

Steve
We should never use the “search” field in IORegistryExplorer because it collapses the device tree. Just scroll down to XHC0 and PTXH to see where the USB devices are connecting.

When a device is in USB ports ,it does turn green, but only for a second or so. Then turns black. When I pull it out, turns red with a line through it. So it's working correctly. Under XHC0, I have PRT1 through PRT8, and they are all working. Under PTXH, I have POT2,3,4,6,8 listed. POT1 is listed, but no devices show up. POT5 shows up as USB C device. Still under PTXH, I have PO9,10,11,12 listed, but no devices show up. PO13 says it has a ITE connected. Not sure what that is. When I plugged in my phone to the USB C port, it stayed green for a longer period of time. It's now black like the others.

Steve
This is progress!

PO13 is the RGB Fusion LED controller.

PO9,10,11,12 might be USB 2 devices including internal USB headers and external black USB 2 ports.

It is essential to make the diagram and table as shown in the post I linked earlier.

This is progress!

PO13 is the RGB Fusion LED controller.

PO9,10,11,12 might be USB 2 devices including internal USB headers and external black USB 2 ports.

It is essential to make the diagram and table as shown in the post I linked earlier.
Ok, so I redid the USB ports in IORegistry and made a listing of their location, what type they are and what they are listed as. I think you are right about PO9,10,11 and 12 being those USB 2.0 ports that don't seem to work.

Ok, so I redid the usb ports in IOregistry and made a listing of their location, what type they are and what they are listed as. I think you are right about PO9,10,11 and 12 being those USB 2.0 ports that don't seem to work.
Another overlooked port is PO14, which is the internal USB 2.0 header on B550 Vision D and D-P.

Another overlooked port is PO14, which is the internal USB 2.0 header on B550 Vision D and D-P.
On my mobo, Gigabyte B550M Aorus Pro-P, I don't have a listing for PO14. It might be just for the mobos you mentioned. So now that I have all ports, other than the PO9,10,11,12 listed and mapped as to which ports are where, what's next?

On my mobo, Gigabyte B550M Aorus Pro-P, I don't have a listing for PO14. It might be just for the mobos you mentioned. So now that I have all ports, other than the PO9,10,11,12 listed and mapped as to which ports are where, what's next?
Have you created a diagram like the post I linked before? If so, please post the diagram and the list of ports just like that other post.

Also, do you have USB 2 devices plugged into the motherboard USB 2 headers?

Have you created a diagram like the post I linked before? If so, please post the diagram and the list of ports just like that other post.

Also, do you have USB 2 devices plugged into the motherboard USB 2 headers?
No USB 2 headers plugged into the mobo. Just USB 3 plugged in from the case to the mobo and they work. As far as a diagram goes I just have a hand written paper. Don't know how to create such a diagram. Are you referring to the spreadsheet?

No USB 2 headers plugged into the mobo. Just USB 3 plugged in from the case to the mobo and they work. As far as a diagram goes I just have a hand written paper. Don't know how to create such a diagram. Are you referring to the spreadsheet?
I cannot help you without a diagram and table like the one in this post:
However, you are welcome to follow the posts starting with the one above to see if you can make the changes yourself.

On the other hand, if all your USB devices are connecting and sleep/wake is okay, then you also have the option of stopping at this point.

On the other hand, if all your USB devices are connecting and sleep/wake is okay, then you also have the option of stopping at this point.
Sleep/wake doesn't work. I was trying to follow the Opencore guide, but making the edits in IOregistry ACPI- PATH don't seem to take. They get changed back to what they were. What am I missing?

Back