Contribute
Register

Gigabyte B550 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + AMD Ryzen 7 3700X + AMD RX 5600 XT

Hello,
I am sorry, but what is the Thunderbolt SSDT which I should get from the Vision D F13 EFI folder?
I’ll make the change for you shortly.

Hello,
I am sorry, but what is the Thunderbolt SSDT which I should get from the Vision D F13 EFI folder?

I’ll make the change for you shortly.
Just copy the attached file to EFI/OC/ACPI folder in the EFI partition of your boot disk, and reboot.

Regarding USB 2.0 devices, I just tested an 8GB USB 2.0 flash disk in a number of USB 3.x ports on the back panel of my B550 Vision D with BIOS F13, and the drive works fine. I'm running Monterey 12.2 latest public beta (build 21D5039d).

Attachments

• SSDT-TB-HackinDROM-B550-VISION-D.aml
    2.2 KB · Views: 31
Just copy the attached file to EFI/OC/ACPI folder in the EFI partition of your boot disk, and reboot.

Regarding USB 2.0 devices, I just tested an 8GB USB 2.0 flash disk in a number of USB 3.x ports on the back panel of my B550 Vision D with BIOS F13, and the drive works fine. I'm running Monterey 12.2 latest public beta (build 21D5039d).
Hi, thank you very much @CaseySJ.
I am not at home right now, I'll give a try later this evening.

About USB2... I have issues with USB2 ports, not USB2 devices. Any device (no matter if USB2 or USB3) I plug into USB2 ports is not being recognized by Hackintool: do you have the same?

Hi, thank you very much @CaseySJ.
I am not at home right now, I'll give a try later this evening.

About USB2... I have issues with USB2 ports, not USB2 devices. Any device (no matter if USB2 or USB3) I plug into USB2 ports is not being recognized by Hackintool: do you have the same?
The B550 Vision D has two black USB 2.0 ports on the rear panel. I just connected a USB 2.0 flash disk to those ports one by one, and then a USB 3.0 flash disk one by one. Both USB 2.0 ports work fine with both USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 flash disks.

Let's do this:
  • Run Hackintool and select the PCIe tab
  • At the bottom, click the Export icon
  • This will create several files on the desktop; post only this one: pcidevices.txt
Screen Shot 2022-01-18 at 11.40.39 AM.png

Just copied the SSDT you supplied into ACPI folder. Probably I missed something because…

image.jpg

Then I tried one again…
image.jpg

A little bit messed.

Last edited:
Just copied the SSDT you supplied into ACPI folder. Probably I missed something because…

View attachment 539810
That's not coming from the new SSDT. We can look into that later. To check if Thunderbolt SSDT is okay, run IORegistryExplorer and scroll to the Thunderbolt section. Then post a screenshot. We should see sub-devices like UPSB, DSB0, NHI0, DSB1, etc.

That's not coming from the new SSDT. We can look into that later. To check if Thunderbolt SSDT is okay, run IORegistryExplorer and scroll to the Thunderbolt section. Then post a screenshot. We should see sub-devices like UPSB, DSB0, NHI0, DSB1, etc.
ok, let's redo the entire EFI Folder from scratch.
Then I replace the SSDT coming from Vision D-P EFI Folder with the new provided.
Then let's see what happens.

Edit:
JFYI
I get these errors from when validating the downloaded EFI Folder with OC 0.7.7

Screenshot 2022-01-18 at 23.37.43.png

I fixed them manually.

Edit2:
no more able to boot, incredible the mess of this thing.
I go to sleep.

Edit3:
just returned to the previous working EFI Folder, at least I can boot again... but USB2 as well USB-C ports not recognizing everything. Very good.

Edit4:
Ok, let's try the new version.
I wrote when your were doing the same. :)

Last edited:
ok, let's redo the entire EFI Folder from scratch.
Then I replace the SSDT coming from Vision D-P EFI Folder with the new provided.
Then let's see what happens.

Edit:
JFYI
I get these errors from when validating the downloaded EFI Folder with OC 0.7.7

View attachment 539817

I fixed them manually.

Edit2:
no more able to boot, incredible the mess of this thing.
I go to sleep.

Edit3:
just returned to the previous working EFI Folder, at least I can boot again... but USB2 as well USB-C ports not recognizing everything. Very good.
Attached is a full OpenCore 0.7.7 folder for BIOS F12. It includes the new Thunderbolt SSDT and fixes the issues raised by OpenCore Validator.

Just need to copy serial numbers into PlatformInfo --> DataHub section:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-01-18 at 3.35.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-18 at 3.35.52 PM.png
    745.3 KB · Views: 36
  • EFI-077-BIOS-F12-B550-VISION-D-P.zip
    8.3 MB · Views: 50
Attached is a full OpenCore 0.7.7 folder for BIOS F12. It includes the new Thunderbolt SSDT and fixes the issues raised by OpenCore Validator.

Just need to copy serial numbers into PlatformInfo --> DataHub section:
Hello,
thanks, with this EFI Folder I can boot (at least this time) correctly.
Two rear usb-c ports are now configured properly. As you can see here, XHC3 is now shown in Hackintool with two port names: SSP1 and SSP2. They were not there before, if you remember.

Screen Shot 2022-01-19 at 01.08.47.png

Furthermore, I can see these in System Information:
Screen Shot 2022-01-19 at 01.11.29.png
They were also not present some hours/days ago.

Unfortunately (but I guess it is a WIP), USB2 ports are still not working: the two rear black, plus the two I have in front of the case, which are connected to the internal USB header.

Hello,
thanks, with this EFI Folder I can boot (at least this time) correctly.
Two rear usb-c ports are now configured properly. As you can see here, XHC3 is now shown in Hackintool with two port names: SSP1 and SSP2. They were not there before, if you remember.

View attachment 539828

Furthermore, I can see these in System Information:
View attachment 539831
They were also not present some hours/days ago.

Unfortunately (but I guess it is a WIP), USB2 ports are still not working: the two rear black, plus the two I have in front of the case, which are connected to the internal USB header.
I might have asked this before, but do you have Windows or Linux on this system? If so, it would be helpful to know whether USB 2.0 ports work on those operating systems. If they fail in Windows, you can (or should) report the problem to Gigabyte Tech Support.

On the new Gigabyte Z690 Aero G, there is a similar problem in which USB 2.0 devices do not connect to two USB-C ports. The same USB 2.0 devices connect to a third USB-C port. Even in Windows. It's really annoying...

Back