Contribute
Register

Gigabyte B550 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + AMD Ryzen 7 3700X + AMD RX 5600 XT

@Fanuil

This is very common when installing Windows updates, and this is why we recommend installing NVMe SSDs in the slots closest to CPU.

This problem means that Windows has installed its boot loader in the macOS EFI folder.

To fix the problem, boot from your USB flash disk (OpenCore 0.7.2 is okay). At the OpenCore Picker, select the macOS disk and login to macOS.

Then mount EFI partition of macOS SSD and expand the EFI folder. Post a screenshot.

Also mount EFI partition of your Windows SSD (if that disk also has EFI partition) and expand the EFI folder. Post a screenshot of that as well.

Finally, please edit your post and remove the foreign language paragraph because it violates the Rules. A post can only be in English.
Unfortunately, a logo and a download bar appear, that's all, although the installer itself loads without problems and allows you to start the installation. That's why I asked for a config.

ps Edited the post, haven't read the rules for a long time

Last edited:
Unfortunately, a logo and a download bar appear, that's all, although the installer itself loads without problems and allows you to start the installation. That's why I asked for a config.
I must ask: do you have a bootable backup disk?

If not, I can post a fully configured EFI folder with new serial numbers that you can use to boot macOS. I’m currently at my favorite coffee shop once again so it will take me some time to get back.

it is possible to mount EFI partition in Windows as well, but I’ve never done so myself.

ps Edited the post, haven't read the rules for a long time
Thanks!

I must ask: do you have a bootable backup disk?

If not, I can post a fully configured EFI folder with new serial numbers that you can use to boot macOS. I’m currently at my favorite coffee shop once again so it will take me some time to get back.

it is possible to mount EFI partition in Windows as well, but I’ve never done so myself.

Thanks!
No, I only have a bootable USB with the Big Sure installer, it would be very nice if you publish the EFI folder. Yes, under Windows you can mount it, you need MiniTool partition wizard and Explorer ++.

No, I only have a bootable USB with the Big Sure installer, it would be very nice if you publish the EFI folder. Yes, under Windows you can mount it, you need MiniTool partition wizard and Explorer ++.
Then let’s see if we can fix the problem through Windows itself. Just log into Windows and mount the EFI partition of both macOS disk and Windows disk.

Then expand EFI folder of both and post screenshot of both. We should be able to correct the problem depending on what we see in the screenshots.

Then let’s see if we can fix the problem through Windows itself. Just log into Windows and mount the EFI partition of both macOS disk and Windows disk.

Then expand EFI folder of both and post screenshot of both. We should be able to correct the problem depending on what we see in the screenshots.
I have one EFI partition, it is common for two systems and it worked on Big Sure

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-11-05 144740.png
    Screenshot 2021-11-05 144740.png
    86 KB · Views: 43
I have one EFI partition, it is common for two systems and it worked on Big Sure
Windows has installed its bootloader in the same EFI partition as OpenCore, as we can see below. Because of this, the Gigabyte BIOS will only recognize the Windows boot loader, and will only boot Windows.

As an experiment, we can do this (very carefully):
  1. Find a spare USB flash drive that has an EFI partition. Or we can format a flash drive and create an EFI partition.
  2. Copy the EFI/Microsoft folder and the EFI/BOOT folder to the EFI partition of the USB flash drive.
  3. Then delete the EFI/Microsoft and EFI/BOOT folders from the EFI partition of the internal macOS SSD.
  4. Empty the trash.
  5. Now determine which version of OpenCore is installed on the macOS disk? Is it 0.7.4? Or some other version?
  6. After identifying the OpenCore version, we need to copy the EFI/BOOT folder from that package to the EFI partition of the internal macOS SSD.
  7. Now we can reboot the computer and go to BIOS Setup. Then set the First Boot Priority to the macOS SSD.
  8. When the computer starts, you should see OpenCore Picker.
  9. Which boot options are shown in OpenCore Picker?
    • Do you see macOS?
    • Do you see Windows?
Screenshot 2021-11-05 144740.png

Windows has installed its bootloader in the same EFI partition as OpenCore, as we can see below. Because of this, the Gigabyte BIOS will only recognize the Windows boot loader, and will only boot Windows.

As an experiment, we can do this (very carefully):
  1. Find a spare USB flash drive that has an EFI partition. Or we can format a flash drive and create an EFI partition.
  2. Copy the EFI/Microsoft folder and the EFI/BOOT folder to the EFI partition of the USB flash drive.
  3. Then delete the EFI/Microsoft and EFI/BOOT folders from the EFI partition of the internal macOS SSD.
  4. Empty the trash.
  5. Now determine which version of OpenCore is installed on the macOS disk? Is it 0.7.4? Or some other version?
  6. After identifying the OpenCore version, we need to copy the EFI/BOOT folder from that package to the EFI partition of the internal macOS SSD.
  7. Now we can reboot the computer and go to BIOS Setup. Then set the First Boot Priority to the macOS SSD.
  8. When the computer starts, you should see OpenCore Picker.
  9. Which boot options are shown in OpenCore Picker?
    • Do you see macOS?
    • Do you see Windows?
View attachment 533319
I am very afraid of such an experiment, this is my only PC, for experiments I use the bootable one with the Big Sure installer, and that is why I asked for the config file, if the download from it is successful, I can experiment further. On the mac disk, I don't even remember which version, I suffer for a couple of days and try different options

I am very afraid of such an experiment, this is my only PC, for experiments I use the bootable one with the Big Sure installer, and that is why I asked for the config file, if the download from it is successful, I can experiment further. On the mac disk, I don't even remember which version, I suffer for a couple of days and try different options
No problem. A much safer solution is this:
  • Find a USB flash disk with an EFI partition.
  • Copy the entire EFI/OC folder from internal macOS SSD to EFI partition of USB flash disk.
  • Open the EFI folder in EFI partition of USB flash disk.
  • From the original OpenCore installation package, copy the entire BOOT folder inside the EFI folder.
    • If you don't have this file, just let me know which version of OpenCore is installed, and I'll post the correct BOOT folder.
  • The EFI folder on the USB flash disk should then look like this:
Screen Shot 2021-11-05 at 8.55.59 AM.png

• We should check that these two files have the same Creation Date:
    • EFI/BOOT/BOOTx64.efi
    • EFI/OC/OpenCore.efi
  • Now we can boot the computer and press F12 at Gigabyte splash screen.
  • This will open the BIOS Boot Menu.
  • Select the USB flash disk.
  • Now you should see OpenCore boot picker.

No problem. A much safer solution is this:
  • Find a USB flash disk with an EFI partition.
  • Copy the entire EFI/OC folder from internal macOS SSD to EFI partition of USB flash disk.
  • Open the EFI folder in EFI partition of USB flash disk.
  • From the original OpenCore installation package, copy the entire BOOT folder inside the EFI folder.
    • If you don't have this file, just let me know which version of OpenCore is installed, and I'll post the correct BOOT folder.
  • The EFI folder on the USB flash disk should then look like this:
View attachment 533321
  • We should check that these two files have the same Creation Date:
    • EFI/BOOT/BOOTx64.efi
    • EFI/OC/OpenCore.efi
  • Now we can boot the computer and press F12 at Gigabyte splash screen.
  • This will open the BIOS Boot Menu.
  • Select the USB flash disk.
  • Now you should see OpenCore boot picker.
OpenCore 0.7.3 from this topic, the load reaches 30% and gets up, perhaps this is due to the fact that OpenCore 7.3 does not support Mac 12.1 beta?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-11-05 160642.png
    Screenshot 2021-11-05 160642.png
    85.3 KB · Views: 30
OpenCore 0.7.3 from this topic, the load reaches 30% and gets up, perhaps this is due to the fact that OpenCore 7.3 does not support Mac 12.1 beta?
Correct -- we need OpenCore 0.7.4 and newer for Monterey (current version is 0.7.5).

If Big Sur is still installed, you can do this:
  • Boot Big Sur (with OpenCore 0.7.3)
  • Follow the OpenCore 0.7.5 mini-guide from this thread to create an OpenCore 0.7.5 EFI folder with the right serial numbers.
  • Then attempt to boot or install Monterey.

Back