Contribute
Register

Gigabyte B550 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + AMD Ryzen 7 3700X + AMD RX 5600 XT

Ah ok, in that case I will leave it. Thanks!

Ah ok, in that case I will leave it. Thanks!
My real Apple MacBook Pro 13" (2020 model) requires three key presses to wake from sleep when connected to an external monitor, keyboard, and mouse.

Did it and it works but I have only a problem with mouse stuttering now. Don't know if is related to usb or graphics problem... strange fact

update: I think I will return to big sur for now XD
Nevermind! It was just a connection problem of my Logitech dongle I think... Stupid mouse!

@CaseySJ hello! I was reading the first post of this thread and I see a note where you suggest to Enable Location Services in System Preferences --> Security & Privacy --> Privacy.
Can I ask why? It is necessary for sleep wake?

@CaseySJ hello! I was reading the first post of this thread and I see a note where you suggest to Enable Location Services in System Preferences --> Security & Privacy --> Privacy.
Can I ask why? It is necessary for sleep wake?
Good question -- Location Services are definitely optional because of each person's privacy concerns. Enabling Location Services allows "Night Shift" (System Preferences --> Displays --> Night Shift) to automatically reduce blue light during evening hours.

Good question -- Location Services are definitely optional because of each person's privacy concerns. Enabling Location Services allows "Night Shift" (System Preferences --> Displays --> Night Shift) to automatically reduce blue light during evening hours.
Understood. Anyway I'm rolling back to Big Sur because my Ethernet interfaces broke my Network preferences and wifi... maybe for the SmallTreeIntel modded kext?

update: nevermind! it was for a bad monterey installation, i got also a notification from the system and there was also the dual boot problem. Sometimes I need to start first windows and then reboot to osx for the right initialization of some pci devices like wifi or thunderbolt. I think is a problem of dual boot with windows. Strange but not a real problem for me...

Last edited:
sorry for spam @CaseySJ. Here with a new strange problem.
Videoproc shows my gpu as INTEL and not as AMD. see the image below please. Any idea? Big Sur 11.6.1 with the same old config.plist xD nothing different

Attachments

• Schermata 2021-10-28 alle 23.28.50.png
    Schermata 2021-10-28 alle 23.28.50.png
    229.5 KB · Views: 47
  • Schermata 2021-10-28 alle 23.48.10.png
    Schermata 2021-10-28 alle 23.48.10.png
    297.1 KB · Views: 51
sorry for spam @CaseySJ. Here with a new strange problem.
Videoproc shows my gpu as INTEL and not as AMD. see the image below please. Any idea? Big Sur 11.6.1 with the same old config.plist xD nothing different
I solved that by adding this under Device-Properties (Change <string>AMD your own GPU</string)

<dict>
<key>AAPL,slot-name</key>
<string>Internal@0,1,0/0,0/0,0/0,0</string>
<key>device_type</key>
<string>VGA compatible controller</string>
<key>model</key>
<string>AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT</string>
</dict>
Screen Shot 2021-10-29 at 01.45.28.png

Last edited:
I solved that by adding this under Device-Properties (Change <string>AMD your own GPU</string)

<dict>
<key>device_type</key>
<key>model</key>
</dict>
View attachment 532450

<dict>
<key>device_type</key>
<key>model</key>
</dict>
View attachment 532450
@CaseySJ ok. the problem was that on your config.plist the pci address of the gpu in the first slot was "PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x3,0x1)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)" while on my vision D was "PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x3,0x1)/Pci(0x0,0x0)" and now it work. thanks

p.s. the only strange fact is that while I use videoproc with the hardware acceleration it use INTEL instead of AMD.
it's not a problem because I prefer to use CPU but it was just for understanding and curiosity xD

Attachments

• Schermata 2021-10-28 alle 23.48.10.png
    Schermata 2021-10-28 alle 23.48.10.png
    297.1 KB · Views: 42
Back