Contribute
Register

Gigabyte B550 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + AMD Ryzen 7 3700X + AMD RX 5600 XT

Yes. 1.0.5. It's the correct one?
Can you post your config.plist, but remove serial numbers from PlatformInfo --> DataHub? Your screenshots indicate everything is okay so I'm quite puzzled why it doesn't change CPU name.

Can you post your config.plist, but remove serial numbers from PlatformInfo --> DataHub? Your screenshots indicate everything is okay so I'm quite puzzled why it doesn't change CPU name.
here you are. maybe the kext order in kernel section or anything else there? like "scheme" section?

Attachments

• config vorshim.plist.zip
    6.5 KB · Views: 28
here you are. maybe the kext order in kernel section or anything else there? like "scheme" section?
Your Kernel section is exactly the same as mine (including Scheme section) except that you have OpenIntelWireless drivers.

Option 1: Let's disable those three drivers shown below, reboot, and see if CPU name changes.
Screen Shot 2021-10-24 at 2.46.40 PM.png

Option 2: Uncheck ProvideCurrentCpuInfo in the screenshot above.

Option 3: Check ProvideCurrentCpuInfo back on. Then delete the entry shown below and reboot. Does an automatically generated AMD CPU name appear in About this Mac?
Screen Shot 2021-10-24 at 2.49.45 PM.png

Your Kernel section is exactly the same as mine (including Scheme section) except that you have OpenIntelWireless drivers.

Option 1: Let's disable those three drivers shown below, reboot, and see if CPU name changes.
View attachment 531848
Option 2: Uncheck ProvideCurrentCpuInfo in the screenshot above.

Option 3: Check ProvideCurrentCpuInfo back on. Then delete the entry shown below and reboot. Does an automatically generated AMD CPU name appear in About this Mac?
View attachment 531849
I tested this option and nothing, without ProvideCurrentCpuInfo osx doesn't boot.

I tested this option and nothing, without ProvideCurrentCpuInfo osx doesn't boot.
Ouch. Maybe it only works if the selected language is English? It might be good to report this to Acidanthera on GitHub.

Last edited:
Ouch. Maybe it only works if the selected language is English? It might be good to report this to Acidanethera on GitHub.
Don't know! I can simply try to switch language to English and reboot the system to see if this fix the problem. I will try as soon as possible... I'll let you know

p.s. I'm trying also this

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-10-25 at 13.06.21.png
    Screenshot 2021-10-25 at 13.06.21.png
    86.3 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Don't know! I can simply try to switch language to english and reboot the system to see if this fix the problem. I will try as soon as possible... I'll let you know

p.s. I'm trying also this
olè! It was that. ProcessorType it was set to 0 before. Now with value "1537" the rename works perfectly!

Attachments

• Schermata 2021-10-25 alle 13.13.24.png
    Schermata 2021-10-25 alle 13.13.24.png
    30 KB · Views: 37
  • Schermata 2021-10-25 alle 13.13.32.png
    Schermata 2021-10-25 alle 13.13.32.png
    20.1 KB · Views: 35
  • Schermata 2021-10-25 alle 13.14.55.png
    Schermata 2021-10-25 alle 13.14.55.png
    112.8 KB · Views: 38
olè! It was that. ProcessorType it was set to 0 before. Now with value "1537" the rename works perfectly!
Interesting. On my system the Processor Type is 0!

maybe something related to serie 5xxx of AMD?
Quite possible. It is best to specify ProcessorType, however, so I’ll make the change to my config as well. There are two values of ProcessorType based on number of cores. Just need to pick the right one.

Back