Contribute
Register

Gigabyte B550 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + AMD Ryzen 7 3700X + AMD RX 5600 XT

The 11th gen iGPU doesn't work with macOS yet. Do you need supported iGPU for any reason ?
I'm aware, just putting it out there.

Maple Ridge! It’s Thunderbolt 4 and the firmware does not seem to be on a separate flash ROM chip that we could patch. So currently (a) no hotplug (this may be a Gigabyte BIOS problem) and (b) no Thunderbolt Bus.

But on MSI and Asus Z590 boards, Thunderbolt hot plug does work if I remember correctly.

We are hoping that Apple will adopt and support Maple Ridge next year with the rumored Ice Lake workstation-based Mac Pro update. It might be possible to flip the Thunderbolt Bus switch on Maple Ridge with just an SSDT, but this is pure speculation.

Are there any used Z390 Designares or used Z490 Vision Ds in your region? How about Z390 Aorus Xtreme?

We can also try a flashed GC-Titan Ridge on a Z590 system…

Hi, please forgive my poor English.

This is my first post here. I've been trying to build my Hackintosh for a month. In the case of lack information, I chose some "new" hardware, such as the Gigabyte G590 Vision D & Rocket lake CPU.

I see not many cases about the Z590 Vision D and the 11th gen CPU in the forum. I am not sure if my build case is helpful (or someone can help me look at the problem), just write it down first, with EFI and BIOS Settings attached.

My system is as follows:

Mainboard: Gigabyte Z590 Vision D (provides 1 "Gigabyte VisionLINK" port, and Maple Ridge)
CPU: Intel i9 11900K
  • GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT
  • Display: LG Ultrafine 5K (27MD5KA, old model)
  • Discrete Thunderbolt Card: Gigabyte Titan Ridge REV 1.0 (Flashed)
  • Discrete Wireless Card: Fenvi T919
  • System: Windows 11 + macOS Monterey (Opencore)
  • NVME SSD:
    • macOS on Samsung 970 EVO / 1T
    • Windows 11 on Samsung MZVLW1T0HMLH-000H1 / 1T (Oem)

I tried to solve part of the post-installation problem, and got some interesting gains:
  1. The LG 5K display can work under both Windows 11 and macOS.
    • Windows 11: 4K resampling resolution (4096x2304),
    • macOS: show full 5K resolution (5120x2880) in the system report.
    • 1629441730380.png
  2. The built-in speaker, camera, USB Hub, and brightness adjustment functions of LG 5K display can work normally in Windows and macOS.
    • 1629441784510.png

The connection of my LG 5K monitor is as follows:
  • 6800XT dual DP out => Titan Ridge dual mini DP in
  • Titan Ridge DP out - [short DP 1.4 cord] --> Mainboard DP in
  • Mainboard "VisionLINK" port out - [Thunderbolt 3 cord] --> LG Ultrafine 5K
    • 1629442743752.png

Problems that still exist:
  • P1. After macOS sleeps and wakes up, the LG 5K built-in camera, audio, USB, and brightness all lose their functions.
  • P2. A week ago it was normal for Windows to wake up, but now there is a problem that it cannot be woken up.
  • P3. With a USB Cherry RGB keyboard plugged in, macOS will wake up immediately when sleeps, unplug the keyboard makes it normal.
  • P4. The Opencore Picker shows no Windows items, but there is an EFI/ESP partition in the Windows NVME, and I can boot in to it via the BIOS booting menu.
  • P5. The iGPU and the Maple Ridge are not supported yet, as known.

I have learned a lot in this forum, thank you all. Hope you are interested!

Attachments

• IORegistry-Donwang.ioreg
    18 MB · Views: 39
  • Audio.png
    Audio.png
    782 KB · Views: 66
  • Camera.png
    Camera.png
    657 KB · Views: 45
  • GPU.png
    GPU.png
    755 KB · Views: 58
  • PCI.png
    PCI.png
    1,019.5 KB · Views: 54
  • Power.png
    Power.png
    866.3 KB · Views: 51
  • TB.png
    TB.png
    734 KB · Views: 56
  • USB.png
    USB.png
    927.3 KB · Views: 54
  • INFO.png
    INFO.png
    420.9 KB · Views: 50
  • ABOUT.png
    ABOUT.png
    364.8 KB · Views: 53
  • EFI-DONWANG-mini.zip
    4.8 MB · Views: 63
  • BIOS-Settings-Miscellaneous.jpg
    BIOS-Settings-Miscellaneous.jpg
    313.7 KB · Views: 52
  • BIOS-Boot.jpg
    BIOS-Boot.jpg
    367.1 KB · Views: 43
  • BIOS-Settings-IO-USB.jpg
    BIOS-Settings-IO-USB.jpg
    322.8 KB · Views: 51
  • BIOS-Settings-IO-TB-DiscreteTB-DTBT.jpg
    BIOS-Settings-IO-TB-DiscreteTB-DTBT.jpg
    306.4 KB · Views: 45
  • BIOS-Settings-IO-TB-DiscreteTB.jpg
    BIOS-Settings-IO-TB-DiscreteTB.jpg
    323.4 KB · Views: 43
  • BIOS-Settings-IO-TB.jpg
    BIOS-Settings-IO-TB.jpg
    305.2 KB · Views: 46
  • BIOS-Settings-IO.jpg
    BIOS-Settings-IO.jpg
    353 KB · Views: 48
  • BIOS-Settings-PlatformPower.jpg
    BIOS-Settings-PlatformPower.jpg
    310.7 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

This is my first post here. I've been trying to build my Hackintosh for a month. In the case of lack information, I chose some "new" hardware, such as the Gigabyte G590 Vision D & Rocket lake CPU.

I see not many cases about the Z590 Vision D and the 11th gen CPU in the forum. I am not sure if my build case is helpful (or someone can help me look at the problem), just write it down first, with EFI and BIOS Settings attached.

My system is as follows:

Mainboard: Gigabyte Z590 Vision D (provides 1 "Gigabyte VisionLINK" port, and Maple Ridge)
  • NVME SSD:

I tried to solve part of the post-installation problem, and got some interesting gains:
    • View attachment 527322
  2. The built-in speaker, camera, USB Hub, and brightness adjustment functions of LG 5K display can work normally in Windows and macOS.

• P1. After macOS sleeps and wakes up, the LG 5K built-in camera, audio, USB, and brightness all lose their functions.
  • P2. A week ago it was normal for Windows to wake up, but now there is a problem that it cannot be woken up.
  • P3. With a USB Cherry RGB keyboard plugged in, macOS will wake up immediately when sleeps, unplug the keyboard makes it normal.
  • P4. The Opencore Picker shows no Windows items, but there is an EFI/ESP partition in the Windows NVME, and I can boot in to it via the BIOS booting menu.

Hello @donwang,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing your experience with Z590 Vision D. You’ve confirmed that a Titan Ridge add-in-card can be used.

For new buyers it might be better for them to buy Z590 Vision G instead and install a Titan Ridge Thunderbolt card.

I see that you have connected a DP cable from GC-Titan Ridge to motherboard DP-In, and then connected your LG UltraFine to motherboard Thunderbolt port. But you can connect your LG UltraFine directly to Thunderbolt port on GC-Titan Ridge. Have you already tried that?

I sure hope @Inqnuam didn't click on that order button yet. ;)
I sure hope @Inqnuam didn't click on that order button yet. ;)
I knew going in Hot Plug wasn't working but for an ITX board

My system is as follows:

• NVME SSD:

• View attachment 527322

Curious about your case and CPU temperatures.

Hello @donwang,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing your experience with Z590 Vision D. You’ve confirmed that a Titan Ridge add-in-card can be used.

For new buyers it might be better for them to buy Z590 Vision G instead and install a Titan Ridge Thunderbolt card.

I see that you have connected a DP cable from GC-Titan Ridge to motherboard DP-In, and then connected your LG UltraFine to motherboard Thunderbolt port. But you can connect your LG UltraFine directly to Thunderbolt port on GC-Titan Ridge. Have you already tried that?
Hi CaseySJ, thank you for your reply!

Yes, I tried it. And I just confirmed it several times.

If I plug TB3 cord directly in Titan Ridge 1.0 (tb1 or tb2), and remove the DP to DP cord, under my current BIOS settings, the LG Ultrafine 5K does not respond after the boot, no output, no backlight.

I remember that this happened after I flashed The Titan Ridge 1.0. Attached the firmware I use.

Attachments

• TitanRidgeNVM23-Elias64Fr-Mod.bin.zip
    267.4 KB · Views: 42
I knew going in Hot Plug wasn't working but for an ITX board

Curious about your case and CPU temperatures.

Hi Leesureone, glad that you are interested in this.

My PC case is the Fractal Design Define R6, top cover opened, with a 360 water cooler installed in front blows in, and three 12cm fans blows outward on the top and the rear.

Define-R6-BKO_20-1-1200x1200.jpg

Here are some test screenshots, maybe you want to know.

Running Geekbench:
MAX.png

Normal:
normal.png
CPU.png

Hi there, was also trying to upgrade to windows 11, and following CaseySJ's guide, I got it done!
and also with some google-ing, I installed it without upgrading to newer BIOS by bypassing the TPM.
I used the alternative method down below by getting in the regedit and adding values.
hope it helps

Back