Contribute
Register

Gigabyte B550 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + AMD Ryzen 7 3700X + AMD RX 5600 XT

I need fully working TB like Designare and Adobe apps to work too, ideas ?
Z490 Vision D is the best choice IMO. Too many potential Adobe problems with B550 and Vision G doesn't have onboard Thunderbolt. You could use an add in card with the G but why not get the Z490D that already has it ?

Z490 Vision D is the best choice IMO. Too many potential Adobe problems with B550 and Vision G doesn't have onboard Thunderbolt. You could use an add in card with the G but why not get the Z490D that already has it ?
Thanks for the suggestion
Z490 Vision D is sold out at the moment
What about Z590 Vision D which is available ?

I know some have used Z590 with macOS but I'm not sure it's the best choice. Casey will know more about that. It may be possible to use a 10th Gen i9 with that Z590 for better macOS compatibility. Again, CaseySJ is the expert on this.

What about Z590 Vision D
Have you read through this Z590 User Build ?

Have you read through this Z590 User Build ?

Yes! Sir!
Screenshot 2021-08-20 at 01.04.07.png

Thanks for the suggestion
Z490 Vision D is sold out at the moment
See here, I just got a Gigabyte Z590i Vison D board and am running it with a Comet Lake 10th generation. Hot plugging doesn't work but its been very, very stable. No iGPU features working though. You can also choose to go with a Rocket Lake CPU to get the second CPU controlled M2 slot working.

The 11th gen iGPU doesn't work with macOS yet. Do you need supported iGPU for any reason ?
Yep noticed about iGPU. Currently I have headlesss CPU (i9-9900KF) + RX 5700 XT and it is okay,
I would like to be able Screen Mirror to Apple TV 4K but without iGPU support it isn't possible on Big Sur and +
Hope Apple will add support in futur macOS version :mrgreen:

Anyone know which TB controller is inside Z590 Vision D? Alpine Ridge, Titan Ridge, else ?

Anyone know which TB controller is inside Z590 Vision D? Alpine Ridge, Titan Ridge, else ?
Maple Ridge! It’s Thunderbolt 4 and the firmware does not seem to be on a separate flash ROM chip that we could patch. So currently (a) no hotplug (this may be a Gigabyte BIOS problem) and (b) no Thunderbolt Bus.

But on MSI and Asus Z590 boards, Thunderbolt hot plug does work if I remember correctly.

We are hoping that Apple will adopt and support Maple Ridge next year with the rumored Ice Lake workstation-based Mac Pro update. It might be possible to flip the Thunderbolt Bus switch on Maple Ridge with just an SSDT, but this is pure speculation.

Are there any used Z390 Designares or used Z490 Vision Ds in your region? How about Z390 Aorus Xtreme?

We can also try a flashed GC-Titan Ridge on a Z590 system…

Last edited:
Back