Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Right now it works, also with hot-plug so it's OK. The only problem is that DTPG.aml, that makes ho-tplug working through the SSDT, it breaks my shutdown. That is not a huge problem because I can force the shutdown
SSDT-DTPG has not been known to prevent shutdown on any motherboard so far. Can you please post a screenshot of OpenCore Configurator showing the ACPI page of your config.plist?

Meantime, can I ask if you have ever take a look to the Thunderbolt firmware of an XPS 13 Dell with DSL6340 Alpine Ridge 2C 2015?
We generally avoid modifying the firmware of Alpine Ridge controllers because Thunderbolt Bus can often be enabled with just a very special SSDT. We have a repository of those SSDTs here:
Just to reiterate: If the Thunderbolt devices we have are working with standard (original) firmware, then it's not advisable to flash the firmware (Titan Ridge) or use a special SSDT (Alpine Ridge).

Motherboard
Gigabyte B550 Vision D
CPU
Ryzen 7 3700X
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
yup, just tried to plug in my thunderbolt 3 dock (belkin express dock) and old thunderbolt 2 hdd(WD my book thunderbolt 2 duo) in, both didn't work. :(
gonna try something more tomorrow. Do anyone knows IF i flash my thunderbolt firmware, is it gonna make this port cannot work as a usb-c port?

I'm really surprise that it can work as a usb-c port, I thought it was like the whole port doesn't work no matter what you plugged in. I think i can live with that at the time to be honest.

@issssac

EDIT: I see you have a B550 Vision D-P board so my flashing and BIOS comments don't apply.

If you have a B550 Vision D board, I'm using BIOS F10 without issues and plan to stick with it. I have also successfully flashed my Thunderbolt chip per CaseySJ's guides. I can confirm that the TB ports do act as USB-C ports as well.

I plugged a Samsung T5 SSD into a TB port, and it showed up on the USB3.1 Bus as yours did.
System USB.png
Flashing the TB chip can be time consuming, and nerve wracking. When successful the PCI report shows TB in all its glory, and the TB3 devices I have used work well. :) Good luck with whatever you decide to do with TB.

System PCI.png

Motherboard
Asus z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900k
Graphics
rx5700xt
Hi @CaseySJ, i was reading the replies again and trying to learn from what you have change with the config.plist of D-P board, would you mind uploading the config.plist or the whole EFI folder you mentioned in this post at #1054?
Many thanks!
OpenCore 0.7.1 for B550 Vision D-P is available now from HackinDROM App.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi @CaseySJ, i was reading the replies again and trying to learn from what you have change with the config.plist of D-P board, would you mind uploading the config.plist or the whole EFI folder you mentioned in this post at #1054?
Many thanks!
OpenCore 0.7.2 for the B550 Vision D-P is now available on HackinDROM App (0.7.2 may appear at the bottom of the list). HackinDROM will automatically detect the number of physical CPU cores on your system. Always check/confirm that the right value is selected because the latest AMD-OSX kernel patches will fail if we specify an incorrect core count.

Screen Shot 2021-08-11 at 1.45.01 PM.png

Motherboard
Asus z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900k
Graphics
rx5700xt
OpenCore 0.7.2 for the B550 Vision D-P is now available on HackinDROM App (0.7.2 may appear at the bottom of the list). HackinDROM will automatically detect the number of physical CPU cores on your system. Always check/confirm that the right value is selected because the latest AMD-OSX kernel patches will fail if we specify an incorrect core count.

Thanks! I just tried it, it boots, but is the i225v ethernet not in device properties? it didn't show up in system info, in system preference-> network there is a PCI ethernet slot Internal@0,1,2/0,2/9,0/0,0. I plugged in a ethernet cable, it shows as self-assigned IP, and after a while, it go black screen and reboot. I did tried to add it in device properties, but it didn't work, it shows up in sys info but not in system preference-> network.

I attached my PCIdevice list and config.plist below, please help and take a look, thanks ahead!

Screen Shot 2021-08-12 at 1.55.00 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-08-12 at 1.58.19 PM.png

Attachments

• PCIdevices.zip
    10.5 KB · Views: 14
  • config-issssac-20210812.plist
    50.4 KB · Views: 13

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thanks! I just tried it, it boots, but is the i225v ethernet not in device properties? it didn't show up in system info, in system preference-> network there is a PCI ethernet slot Internal@0,1,2/0,2/9,0/0,0. I plugged in a ethernet cable, it shows as self-assigned IP, and after a while, it go black screen and reboot. I did tried to add it in device properties, but it didn't work, it shows up in sys info but not in system preference-> network.

I attached my PCIdevice list and config.plist below, please help and take a look, thanks ahead!

View attachment 526787View attachment 526789
This is another reason why we don’t recommend the D-P board — and why I did not update the OpenCore EFI. If you can fix the Ethernet port, let us know. The EFI for this board is provided on an as-is basis.

Motherboard
Asus z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900k
Graphics
rx5700xt
Oh, I thought the Ethernet can be fixed. IT wasn't it working in OC 0.7.1 by @mrfatcatt? So I will try some other methods. Thanks!

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Oh, I thought the Ethernet can be fixed. IT wasn't it working in OC 0.7.1 by @mrfatcatt? So I will try some other methods. Thanks!
We initially thought it worked, but like other owners of AMD motherboards with on-board i225-V ports, it actually didn't work. Hopefully someone will find a solution if it exists...

Motherboard
Gigabyte TRX40 Aorus Xtreme
CPU
Ryzen 3970X
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I plugged in a ethernet cable, it shows as self-assigned IP, and after a while, it go black screen and reboot.
Random reboots on AMD hacks are often down to an incorrect MMIO Whitelist. The Whitelist is usually different for each motherboard, even those by the same manufacturer. It also often changes with each BIOS revision.

You should discover what yours are, using the Debug Version of Opencore, do the maths (convert from Hex to Dec) and then update your config.plist

Motherboard
Asus z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900k
Graphics
rx5700xt
Just tried this method from the post:
Solution that worked for me:

1. Disable FakePCIID.kext and FakePCDID_Intel_i225-V.kext in config.plist,
2. remove everything concerning i225 in DeviceProperties/Add/PciRoot...
3. add "dk.e1000=0" (without quotes) to boot-args.

It works! I can go to safari, google and download things, even after around 30 mins, so it seems stable.