Contribute
Register

Gigabyte B365M + 9600K - Unibeast installer stopping at PCI Configuration End, bridges 11, devices 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS PRIME H370 PLUS
CPU
i5 9600K
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi there, I'm trying to install with a Gigabyte B365M motherboard and an Intel i5 9600K Coffee Lake processor. I used the Unibeast installer, and am getting stuck on a line that says:
"PCI configuration end, bridges 11, devices 11"

I thought this motherboard was in the list of supported devices, but checking it doesn't seem to be.

There are also two error lines above this one
ACPI Error: Method parse/execution failed ... AE_AML_UNINITIALIZED_LOCAL
ACPI Error: Method execution failed ... AE_AML_UNINITIALIZED_LOCAL

Might anyone be able to help with running the installer?

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_475.jpg

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 79
EDIT: After adding the SMBIOS information that should've been there (I only added the Mac Model before), I got a little further, but only a couple of lines. I'm trying a Unibeast Installer, and a Vanilla High Sierra installer (Mac Pro 5,1) in parallel to see what one gets there first. I don't care which OS I'm using so much, but have found Mojave to be ideal on my rMBP15 Mid 2015.

Mojave: Getting a little further now with the SMMBIOS, though not much (Screenshot 1 & 2)
Last Line: afps_module_start:1393: load: com.apple.filesystems.apfs, v945.275.7, apfs-945.275.7, 2019/08/20

High Sierra: Am getting really far with this, but it's rebooting near what feels like the end: (Screenshot 3)
@kec.corecrypto 1.0

Attachments

• F84viCrwTDCv18GDXTfw7A.jpg
    F84viCrwTDCv18GDXTfw7A.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 112
  • f%bqA%4OTNSDPhMA2cwwPQ.jpg
    f%bqA%4OTNSDPhMA2cwwPQ.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 80
  • hW3MdhkNTDitOIT0%fhnog.jpg
    hW3MdhkNTDitOIT0%fhnog.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 77
Serial ports should be disabled in the BIOS settings.

For afps_module_start:1393 use the forum Search tool to look for 1393 or click the tag that I have added to the top of your first post.

Serial ports should be disabled in the BIOS settings.

For afps_module_start:1393 use the forum Search tool to look for 1393 or click the tag that I have added to the top of your first post.

Thanks for the reply! I double checked things and both the Serial and Parallel ports are disabled in the BIOS.

Also regarding the 1393 error, my ACPI option has always included the same line that is mentioned on the first thread I found with useful information with the afps_module_start:1393 tag, this one

Mine was called "Fix 300-series RTC bug".

I'm wondering if the BIOS version I'm running might be causing issues, or if there are other BIOS settings that I have missed that are causing issues. B365m Version F6e firmware. Tried flashing to this version after version F5 had no success, and that didn't change anything.

Load Optimized Detfaults, and then:
VT-d = Disable
XACI = Enabled
Secure Boot = Disabled (Default)
Memory = Preset 1

All of the other recommended settings I've seen are already chosen on the BIOS. I've tried PCIe GPU, or iGFX, and neither seems to make a difference with the Mojave installer.

Thank you for catching that! My BIOS settings have Serial and Parallel disabled in the Super IO config in Peripherals.
Is there a chance this could be being faked by a driver or some other config?

These aren't the default, though even after switching them to disabled (Which I did early on), the boot process hasn't seemed to change.

NOTE: The log lines you're seeing are on my High Sierra attempt, which gets a LOT further than my Mojave attempt (A little further than that screenshot). I'm not seeing those lines on the Mojave installer.

1591026079376.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back