Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Pro, i7-8700 and a Radeon RX 580

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found this one from this thread - would this work for mine?

It may work for you however this link will ensure your USBports are configured properly https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/the-new-beginners-guide-to-usb-port-configuration.286553/

Thanks for updating your Hardware Profile. That's great. :thumbup:

To answer your question - "would this work for mine?" Likely no, not for installation. Maybe later on if you wish to use the same USB ports as the OP.

Your name is "IWishToLearn" so let me explain:

Those 4x black USB2.0 ports in a stack on the back panel are a "hub" which means they are really only one or two USB2 ports, but split. These are virtually impossible to use for installing macOS on a Hackintosh, as in it's raw state the installer knows nothing at all about hubs.

You should be able to use one of the blue USB3 ports - if you use the attached USBPorts.kext, which I've written for you. It is a lot of guesswork on my part though:

I assume you are using system-defintiion iMac19,1
I assume the device-ID for your Z390 xHCI controller is "a2af".

What this USBPorts kext will do is open ALL USB2 ports = HS01 to HS14. But NO USB3 ports. The effect is to open-up all available ports so you can install. Once done you can do the leg-work to configure your USB ports correcty.

To use it, put it in the kexts folder of the EFI/OC tree on your USB installer stick. I assume you already have declared a USBPorts.kext in your config.plist?

Attachments

• USBPorts.kext.zip
    2.7 KB · Views: 30
Yes, I would say the one you just uploaded would have to be a better fit for your computer. If you look at its info.plist, here are its selected ports:
Screen Shot 2022-07-23 at 2.24.03 PM.jpg

[Edit: UtterDisbelief is much cleverer than I! Go with his suggestion.]
Screen Shot 2022-07-23 at 2.34.04 PM.jpg

Last edited:
Screenshot and the EFI folder zip. I am grateful - I know I sound like a N00b and I legit feel like one. I was very comfy back in the day building these, open core has me totally confused. This thread is putting a lot of context to what I don't get.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-07-23 at 3.38.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-23 at 3.38.58 PM.png
    58.5 KB · Views: 31
  • EFI.zip
    5.1 MB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Can't see anything wrong with that latest EFI folder. The "all HSxx ports" kext suggested by UtterDisbelief should create working USB ports just about everywhere. Not sure you should leave the other USBPorts.kext in a folder inside EFI/OC/Kexts, but maybe that's no problem. So what happens when you try to install Monterey? Does OpenCore boot you into the MacOS Installer? Do you still get a stall about 1% into the install process?

Can't see anything wrong with that latest EFI folder. The "all HSxx ports" kext suggested by UtterDisbelief should create working USB ports just about everywhere. Not sure you should leave the other USBPorts.kext in a folder inside EFI/OC/Kexts, but maybe that's no problem. So what happens when you try to install Monterey? Does OpenCore boot you into the MacOS Installer? Do you still get a stall about 1% into the install process?
It booted in to do the first part of the macOS install. Then when it reboots to continue the installation from the internal ssd from opencore the progress bar gets stuck again at that same 1% bar. I setup my bios settings to match the thread I linked before. Should I post bios screenshots - would that help? CMd V doesn’t seem to do anything still.

CMd V doesn’t seem to do anything still.
To see a verbose readout on your screen, you need to make a change to your config.plist. Open it and go to NVRAM/Add/third item down/ boot-args; In the Value column of boot-args, type "-v" (no quotes). Then save config.plist and when you reboot, you should see more than you ever wanted to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back