i5-6400
Graphics
HD 530
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Hello all,

Recently I build a gaming PC with Gigabyte z390 pro wifi and i7 9700k, I choose to go with Intel to have another SSD and install macOS on that for my other productive work other than gaming.

I have already using a Hackintosh build in my office for my office works with Asus H110M-D and i3. Its working like a charm. So instead of going from scratch I tried with the same EFI I'm using on my earlier system to install and boot Mojave in my new build with Gigabyte.

Everything worked great except the Graphics. So I decided to change the ig-platform-id to match with my i7 9700k processor. So I used 0x193B0005. Now the graphic is picked up correctly but it doesn't accelerated to its full performance, It correctly detected UHD 630 but the memory shows 14 MB so the graphics are ugly.

After a week of reading I came to know that with Lilu and WEG we can achieve good graphics from iGPU with full acceleration. I have also gone through these guides

Based on this I have applied the settings in Device -> Properties node. This time once the device boot my Screen goes Black which I connected through only HDMI port in my motherboard.

When I tried to connect that system via Screen Sharing, I can login into the system and see the device info which have correct iGPU info and fully accelerated graphics with UHD 630. I have attached screenshots taken from screen sharing.

I tried to set all connectors to HDMI even I have only one in my MoBo. As per my knowledge I have tried all the possible solutions which I can try with my hackintosh knowledge but not getting output from HDMI.

I have attached my EFI, screenshots taken from Screen Sharing and Hackintool connector tab screenshot. I hope this might help you to understand in what stage I'm with my system.

Screenshot 2019-09-16 at 5.05.08 PM.pngScreenshot 2019-09-16 at 5.05.21 PM.pngScreenshot 2019-09-17 at 12.39.59 AM.png

Attachments

Motherboard
Asus H110M-D
CPU
i5-6400
Graphics
HD 530
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Hi I'm having Gigabyte z390 Pro wifi and i7 9700k with UHD 630. This mobo only have one HDMI port of v1.4.

I exactly followed the steps mentioned in https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-general-framebuffer-patching-guide-hdmi-black-screen-problem.269149/#Compilation, and I have identified that my HDMI is mapped to Port 7 ( Index 3). The bus id in this display is by default 0x04. With this configuration my HDMI monitor goes to black but when I try to connect through screen sharing with my macbook pro it shows correct acceleration value and display shows exact screen size and resolution of my monitor, but the monitor is not showing anything just black. Please check the attached screenshot taken through screen sharing session.

I also tried setting different bus id from 0x01 to 0x06. none of them is working. When I set other than 0x04 the display is not detected and the iGPU info is not shown on About mac screen and the screen also not in normal resolution of the monitor, it was like general mac mini display resolution.

View attachment 426201View attachment 426202View attachment 426203View attachment 426204

Motherboard
Asus H110M-D
CPU
i5-6400
Graphics
HD 530
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
There is no problem with the patch or my config.plist files. The problem is with my monitor.

I'm using this monitor

Which is 1440p with 144hz refresh rate. It doesn't support 144hz with 2k resolution. When I set my monitor refresh rate to 60hz with 1440p my monitor start working and there is no graphic issues I'm facing now with my build and monitor.

This is how I find out that the refresh rate is the problem,
Tried to connect my Mi TV which is 43" with 1080p 60hz through HDMI voila my build start showing screen in my TV.
Now connected my display back to try 1080p with my monitor. With screen sharing I have changed display resolution to 1080 this time my monitor got display from the build. But viewing 1080p with my 2k monitor is not looking good. So I again set to 1440p and my screen goes blank. With screen sharing I changed the refresh rate to 120hz but it doesn't work, then I set refresh rate to 60hz with 1440p this time my monitor started displaying the content from my build.

Thanks for the detailed guide @CaseySJ. Your guide is 100% working for my build.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi-F10
CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
Classic
Mobile Phone
iOS
@thamizhan.st Thank you so much for posting this!

For the last week, I've been trying to get my onboard video to work with the same motherboard, and I was feeling so overwhelmed reading about framebuffer patching. I downloaded your EFI folder, diffed your config.plist with mine, and transferred over your device properties. Booted up perfectly!