CPU
i7 7700
Graphics
GeForce GTX 750 Ti - GV-N75TWF2OC-4GI
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
For those of you on the GIGABYTE AORUS Gaming motherboards, I made some boot logos that I would like to share.

Auros_auros_boot_big.jpg Auros_auros_boot_small.jpg Auros_apple_boot.jpg

You'll need to use Face Wizard in the @boot app from the GIGABYTE APP Center to change the boot logo. Unfortunately, the APP Center only runs on Windows.

Nice. Considering an Auros Gaming 7 Kaby Lake build soon. Any chance you took notes on your install and will write a guide for it?

Yes, definitely, it's on my todo list :)

But if you need something quick, start with this Gigabyte GA-Z270M-D3H Hackintosh Build Guide. That will get you up and running with a stable system including full graphics acceleration on the internal HD Graphics 630 GPU. You need to use the config-Kabylake-iGPU.plist mentioned in that post for that.

A few caveats though:
1. In all likelihood, after installing the OS using the bootable USB you make with UniBeast, your system might feel sluggish with the mouse and keyboard working intermittently. No need to worry, that is only because full graphics acceleration is not yet ON. To save yourself some serious PITA, create the first user with a simple single letter username and single letter password. You can change those later. Once you manage to mount the Clover EFI volume with Clover Configurator, replace it with the Kaby Lake EFI pack from that post and restart, your system should be all good.

2. I suggest you start with the internal GPU and then try getting any graphics card to work.

3. If you have a 2560x1440 monitor like me, you may not get the full QHD resolution through HDMI by following that post alone. You'd only get 1080p HD output. For QHD output through HDMI, you need the “HD530 Port 5 HDMI fix” and “HD530 Port 6 HDMI fix” fixes from the h170n-wifi-intel-config.plist mentioned in this post. You need to include those two fixes in the KernelAndKextPatches section in your Clover config.plist.

4. Lastly, to get audio working you need the latest VoodooHDA driver from here. Get the VoodooHDA.kext-2.9.0d10.zip and install it in /System/Library/Extensions using KextBeast.

The above stuff totally worked for me and my Gaming 7 hackintosh is my main workhorse now, but I am planning to try a few other things (mainly by trying guides for Z170 motherboards) before I post a guide of my own.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Yes, definitely, it's on my todo list :)

But if you need something quick, start with this Gigabyte GA-Z270M-D3H Hackintosh Build Guide. That will get you up and running with a stable system including full graphics acceleration on the internal HD Graphics 630 GPU. You need to use the config-Kabylake-iGPU.plist mentioned in that post for that.

A few caveats though:
1. In all likelihood, after installing the OS using the bootable USB you make with UniBeast, your system might feel sluggish with the mouse and keyboard working intermittently. No need to worry, that is only because full graphics acceleration is not yet ON. To save yourself some serious PITA, create the first user with a simple single letter username and single letter password. You can change those later. Once you manage to mount the Clover EFI volume with Clover Configurator, replace it with the Kaby Lake EFI pack from that post and restart, your system should be all good.

2. I suggest you start with the internal GPU and then try getting any graphics card to work.

3. If you have a 2560x1440 monitor like me, you may not get the full QHD resolution through HDMI by following that post alone. You'd only get 1080p HD output. For QHD output through HDMI, you need the “HD530 Port 5 HDMI fix” and “HD530 Port 6 HDMI fix” fixes from the h170n-wifi-intel-config.plist mentioned in this post. You need to include those two fixes in the KernelAndKextPatches section in your Clover config.plist.

4. Lastly, to get audio working you need the latest VoodooHDA driver from here. Get the VoodooHDA.kext-2.9.0d10.zip and install it in /System/Library/Extensions using KextBeast.

The above stuff totally worked for me and my Gaming 7 hackintosh is my main workhorse now, but I am planning to try a few other things (mainly by trying guides for Z170 motherboards) before I post a guide of my own.

Hope that helps.

Excellent. Thanks iforum. I stumbled on https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...7700k-32gb-ram-msi-1080ti-thunderbolt.219320/
after posting also. Between the two guides I might manage to get enough clue aligned!

@iforum could you share working link with Face Wizard? Can't find it anywhere.
Thank you.

Look around in the Gigabyte Utilities download area here: https://www.gigabyte.com/Support/Utility . You need the App Center and the @boot app for you to change the boot logo. Be mindful those are Windows only apps. So you will have to have a dual boot setup with Windows (at least temporarily) for you to change your boot logo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back