Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Aero 15X V8
CPU
i7-8750H
Graphics
GTX 1070
Hello all, after complete installation on my Aero 15x v8, I am having some issues with USB based devices lagging/stuttering, this can be found devices such as:

• USB mouses
  • USB keyboards
  • Built-in USB based keyboard
  • On Logitech unifying mouses/keyboards (proprietary, dongle based)
  • Bluetooth devices (uses USB bus)
Notes:
  • The evidence for bluetooth devices comes testing keyboards/mouses and having the exactly the same behavior as their USB only parts. Thus, bluetooth issues [solely] are discarded for now.
  • For keyboards (USB, dongle based, bluetooth), sometimes it can "get stuck" inputting several key inputs. (i.e. when typing a letter such as "e", it can get stuck for a while and instead do the input as eeeeeeeeeeeee)
  • Tested on Windows 10 and Debian Buster, and those devices behave properly. Therefore, it might not be a hardware issue
I've done all the steps for USB power property injection, and the custom DSDT for all the USB ports, so I'm really not sure what it can be =/

I quite many threads too, but or the thread just died, or it was not exactly the issue (some ppl reported only wireless based devices. In my case it's both)

I have my setup done as in the following guide and repo:

Issue raised on my repo:

Also, I have the debug files attached
Any help will be appreciated, thanks a lot!

Attachments

• debug_26596.zip
    3 MB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Hello all, after complete installation on my Aero 15x v8, I am having some issues with USB based devices lagging/stuttering, this can be found devices such as:

• USB mouses
  • USB keyboards
  • Built-in USB based keyboard
  • On Logitech unifying mouses/keyboards (proprietary, dongle based)
  • Bluetooth devices (uses USB bus)
Notes:
  • The evidence for bluetooth devices comes testing keyboards/mouses and having the exactly the same behavior as their USB only parts. Thus, bluetooth issues [solely] are discarded for now.
  • For keyboards (USB, dongle based, bluetooth), sometimes it can "get stuck" inputting several key inputs. (i.e. when typing a letter such as "e", it can get stuck for a while and instead do the input as eeeeeeeeeeeee)
  • Tested on Windows 10 and Debian Buster, and those devices behave properly. Therefore, it might not be a hardware issue
I've done all the steps for USB power property injection, and the custom DSDT for all the USB ports, so I'm really not sure what it can be =/

I quite many threads too, but or the thread just died, or it was not exactly the issue (some ppl reported only wireless based devices. In my case it's both)

I have my setup done as in the following guide and repo:

Also, I have the debug files attached
Any help will be appreciated, thanks a lot!

Your USB configuration looks incorrect.
Refer to guides linked by FAQ:

Your USB configuration looks incorrect.
Refer to guides linked by FAQ:

Thanks a lot for the reply @RehabMan!
Sorry, I was tweaking the machine and quite some things were misplaced here on the machine
I did went through the guides again (esp. the USB part) but unfortunately the issue persists

I double checked the USB 2.0/3.0 devices and verified the Current Available, Current Required, Extra Operating Current, Sleep current values shown on System Information app, for a plugged-in iPhone

Do you think that maybe I should try some different kUSBSleep/Wake values to test? [Edit: It behaves the same]

One thing to note is that this issue worsens when unplug the laptop from the power source

I have my updated problem reporting files here:

Attachments

• debug_25958.zip
    3 MB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Debug files for iMac values, same issue persists. Disabled dgpu via SSDT (used my config-intel.plist. To see if the computer was driving much power), same issue persists =/

Attachments

• debug_25958.zip
    3 MB · Views: 72
used my config-intel.plist

You cannot depend on the config switching feature of the Clover UI. It does not work properly.
Any testing done when using it is invalid.

You cannot depend on the config switching feature of the Clover UI. It does not work properly.
Any testing done when using it is invalid.

Tried again, with actual modified config.plist file. Same results

Also, I removed and tested without my Bcm94352z, the issue persists, unfortunately
The reason that I did this last test was because I saw that this card has some issues on other OSs (on Windows 10, with bad interruptions), so I just wanted to reduce the amount of variables that could affect the IO

With/without these configs (video card/wifi module), the system behaves the same
Lags, that worsen when unplugged from power source

Here's my latest PR files

Attachments

• debug_7606.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 60
Tried again, with actual modified config.plist file. Same results

Also, I removed and tested without my Bcm94352z, the issue persists, unfortunately
The reason that I did this last test was because I saw that this card has some issues on other OSs (on Windows 10, with bad interruptions), so I just wanted to reduce the amount of variables that could affect the IO

With/without these configs (video card/wifi module), the system behaves the same
Lags, that worsen when unplugged from power source

Here's my latest PR files

Why is HS10 marked internal when in fact nothing is connected there?
Ports that have no external connector and no device connected should be eliminated.

Why is HS10 marked internal when in fact nothing is connected there?
Ports that have no external connector and no device connected should be eliminated.

Sorry, I think it was when I removed the wifi + bluetooth pci card when I did one of the tests
The bluetooth device uses the HS10

My SSDT-UIAC.dsl file:

Corrected, latest PR files. With intel card, dgpu acpi disabled:

Attachments

• debug_24992.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Looks like it was software related, Karabiner-Elements was the reasons

On Mac machines it does work without the issues tough. Does work ok on a MacbookPro15,1 with, without the power supply connected

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back