Contribute
Register

GIGABYTE Aero 15-W Hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Gigabyte P35X V7 with very similar specs with everything working except sleep. Did you get sleep working on yours?

I have a Gigabyte P35X V7 with very similar specs with everything working except sleep. Did you get sleep working on yours?
Yep. Maybe you should tweak more...

Hi, everybody I came to this thread because your AERO laptop seems to have the same Asmedia SATA controller found in my Aorus X5 V6 laptop wich it is causing me some issues with the hard disk drive connected to it.

Did you tune up your sata controller? Every time I put my laptop to sleep and after wake it up I get the "Disk drive not ejected properly" message for my sata HDD. You are using a SSD m.2 drive but it seems to me driven by the same Asmedia 1062 Sata controller.

Gigabyte is using this SATA controller from Asmedia for a few recent laptops.

So if you could share any info in this matter or an IORegistry save file so I can compare.

Thank you!!

Good Luck!

Hi, everybody I came to this thread because your AERO laptop seems to have the same Asmedia SATA controller found in my Aorus X5 V6 laptop wich it is causing me some issues with the hard disk drive connected to it.

Did you tune up your sata controller? Every time I put my laptop to sleep and after wake it up I get the "Disk drive not ejected properly" message for my sata HDD. You are using a SSD m.2 drive but it seems to me driven by the same Asmedia 1062 Sata controller.

Gigabyte is using this SATA controller from Asmedia for a few recent laptops.

So if you could share any info in this matter or an IORegistry save file so I can compare.

Thank you!!

Good Luck!
I don't think I have anything to share... indeed I did nothing. It just works on aero 15x v7.

I don't think I have anything to share... indeed I did nothing. It just works on aero 15x v7.

Ok thank you!! I´ll keep searching.

And what about your P35X rrusek? It seems your laptop it´s almost the same machine and also your sata controller it is this Asmedia, maybe your issues with sleep are related to mine, do you installed MacOS on the HDD or the SSD?

Can you please shrare an IORegistry file save so I can compare?

Good Luck!!!

Hi, I have the Aero 15x v7 version but can't even install high sierra or mojave, with or without your EFI files. Can you share your config.plist for the v7 please?
All the documented should be in Github folders categorized by system version. You can go fork that repo from GitHub and it should contain all of my engineering files.

Ok thank you!! I´ll keep searching.

And what about your P35X rrusek? It seems your laptop it´s almost the same machine and also your sata controller it is this Asmedia, maybe your issues with sleep are related to mine, do you installed MacOS on the HDD or the SSD?

Can you please shrare an IORegistry file save so I can compare?

Good Luck!!!
I don't have a P35X. You can go to GitHub and fork my repository and there's everything I have. The files are organized by system version.

GitHub -> "AppleALC is becoming problemsome and periodically not working"

Can you reproduce the error repeatedly? In my desktop (5820k, x99 platform) I have audio ONLY if I switch from win to mac powering off, if I use restart system the audio don't work in mac, is that your case?

Hi Errrneist, I'm attempting to install 10.14 on a Gigabyte Aero 14W v7. I've used your Aero 15W EFI folder under the assumption the kexts and modified config.plist also apply to this machine. I get to the point where diskutil loads but my internal drive (also Liteon 512gb SSD) doesn't show up.

Please could you advise on the BIOS settings you used, on the off-chance you still have this info handy?

Kind Regards,
GD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back