Contribute
Register

Gigabyte 8-Series Motherboard UEFI Updates - 2014/01/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone no if the Bios update for the GA-Z87MX-D3H will fix a problem of my computer restarting every time I shut down mac OS(I don't get the problem when shutting down in windows).

The same thing happened to my build with a GA-Z87X-UD5H. I had to disable Wake on LAN in UEFI to get it to shut down without restarting. I'm going to try this update this weekend. Hopefully I will be able to turn Wake on LAN back on.

Just my 2 cents . . . I use a GA 77 TH 5 motherboard and it freezes with all 4 DIMM sockets are filled with Top Drawer - IDENTICAL - Corsair Vengeance DIMMS. Original goal was to use 32 GIGS of RAM but the Windows 7 BSOD and freezes in Mavericks reduced it to 16 gigs.

Hello,

I tried updating my BIOS on a GA-Z87X-UD3H.
I have a USB 2 flash drive formatted in FAT 32 inserted in one of the rear USB slots
Copied the new BIOS F* to the flash drive.
When I run Q-Flash and select the USB drive nothing shows up.
I re-downloaded the new F8 BIOS again and copied it to the flash drive, still does not show.

What am I missing?

TIA

Update

DUH!
I didn't extract the file.

Extracted the file and all went smoothly.

Have you unzipped the .exe file? The file itself should be labeled .f2, .f4, etc...

Hello,

I tried updating my BIOS on a GA-Z87X-UD3H.
I have a USB 2 flash drive formatted in FAT 32 inserted in one of the rear USB slots
Copied the new BIOS F* to the flash drive.
When I run Q-Flash and select the USB drive nothing shows up.
I re-downloaded the new F8 BIOS again and copied it to the flash drive, still does not show.

What am I missing?

TIA

Hi Nikotel,

I had the same problem yesterday, after I downloaded the firmware in my Hackintosh and tried to flash it with Q-Flash, it would get stuck on the verification part of flashing. I thought it might have been a bad .exe, so I re-downloaded with WinXP tried again, same result. I tried the Windows 8 flasher utility didn't really work either. Lastly I tried Windows 7 flash utility from Gigabyte, and it worked. I don't know if it had anything to do with the fact that I was using the F8f Beta firmware. To be safe, I re-flashed to the F7 first, then update it to F8. I did this all in Windows 7 because nothing else I have tried completed the process for me. However, I didn't try booting from the USB, and using the flash program that came with the firmware.

The same thing happened to my build with a GA-Z87X-UD5H. I had to disable Wake on LAN in UEFI to get it to shut down without restarting. I'm going to try this update this weekend. Hopefully I will be able to turn Wake on LAN back on.

Thanks so much worked perfect it was thew only thing wrong with my otherwise seamless system :) I built it over Christmas it was my second hackinstosh (I did one for a friend) and my first computer build.

If my GA-Z87X-UD7 TH build is pretty much perfect, is there any reason to install this?

If my GA-Z87X-UD7 TH build is pretty much perfect, is there any reason to install this?

If it's not broke then don't fix it. Even on Gigabytes website states that if you are not experiencing issues then the updates are not necessary.

The changelog on Gigabyte's site for Z87X-UD5H only says
1. Support New 4[SUP]th[/SUP] Generation Intel Core Processors

Does this mean Core i7 4770k wasn't supported properly? I know that I can't overclock to 4.7GHz without Windows blue screening right when I log in. I have Corsair H100i Liquid cooling so heat shouldn't be an issue.. Or is 4770k already properly supported but this update is for even newer 4th Generation processors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back