Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Performa
  3. Power Mac
  4. PowerBook
  5. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Just did a fresh install of Catalina with the wonderful tool supplied here on Tony Mac, however, my ethernet is stuck at 100 Mbit and will not go to 1,000 Mbit. Here are my hardware specs:

Gigabyte GA-H97M-D3H
intel i7-4790
Screen Shot 2022-03-08 at 4.24.52 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-03-08 at 4.21.11 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-03-08 at 4.21.26 PM.png

Any help is greatly appreciated!

The kext you selected for your Realtek ethernet port looks correct. Check you haven't limited the Ethernet port to 100Mbits/s in the bios.

You don't want to use NullCPUPowerManagement.kext with your Haswell system. As all that will do is mess your system up. It was required for Sandy & Ivy Bridge systems, never required for any Haswell or newer systems.

You need to use Corpnewt's SSDTTime python script to generate a few custom SSDT's, one would be SSDT-PLUG.aml, which sets the correct CPU power management on the first thread/core on your CPU. See this Github page for details - https://github.com/corpnewt/SSDTTime

If you use Clover Configurator to edit your config.plist, you can enable this feature by selecting
Generate Options > PluginType=true on the ACPI section/Tab, as shown below, highlighted in red rectangle.

Screenshot 2022-03-09 at 16.29.40.png typical ACPI tab for Haswell system.

You need to be careful which of the VirtualSMC.kext plugins you are using. Desktop systems like yours only require SMCProcessor.kext and SMCSuperIO.kext. And then only if you have an appropriate HW Monitoring App installed. They are not required otherwise.

You should not be using these three plugins with a Gigabyte desktop system.
  • SMCBatteryManager.kext - laptop plugin
  • SMCLightSensor.kext - laptop plugin
  • SMCDellSensors.kext - Dell system plugin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back