Contribute
Register

gibMacOS Tutorial ~ How to Download macOS Directly from Apple

Can easily download Big Sur the issues is making the USB installer. continuous error.

it has already been mentioned on github
ok but once the installer is in the Applications Folder, how do you make a bootable USB? all the commands and createinstallmedia stuff does NOT work

I just wanted to chime in with how useful this guide has been for me. My only real Mac is a 2010 15” MBP, I rescued it from the trash after a beverage was spilled over it. After a complete rebuild I got High Sierra installed and it’s been enough for my needs. Discovering this guide has been extremely helpful. I have Mojave, Catalina and Big Sur installers ready for building USB. And so far I have two builds with fresh installations of Mojave thanks to this guide. Awesome!

Which method can i use to download Mavericks installer app in my scenario?

- i have a Macbook Pro with Mavericks already installed.
- i dont have in my appstore account mavericks to find it for download.

Which method can i use to download Mavericks installer app in my scenario?

- i have a Macbook Pro with Mavericks already installed.
- i dont have in my appstore account mavericks to find it for download.
If you downloaded it previously with the same Apple ID it should be listed under your purchased tab.

Screen_Shot_12.png

If you bought it with the OS X Mavericks pre-installed on your MBP it won't be there. Apple never sold Mavericks on DVD or USB so there's no other way to get it that I know of.

If you downloaded it previously with the same Apple ID it should be listed under your purchased tab.

View attachment 503558

If you bought it with the OS X Mavericks pre-installed on your MBP it won't be there. Apple never sold Mavericks on DVD or USB so there's no other way to get it that I know of.

Yes, I think all Apple offer for Mavericks is the 10.9.5 Combo update.

Is there no Restore option on a MacBook Pro? Sadly I have never owned a MBP.

Why not just upgrade a small step? This should appear in the OPs Mac App Store?

Hi,
I love how stupidly easy this looks but I can't even properly open gibMacOS.command...

I just get this:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Users/SMAXXL 1/Downloads/gibMacOS-master/gibMacOS.command", line 553, in <module>
g = gibMacOS()
File "/Users/SMAXXL 1/Downloads/gibMacOS-master/gibMacOS.command", line 7, in __init__
self.d = downloader.Downloader()
File "/Users/SMAXXL 1/Downloads/gibMacOS-master/Scripts/downloader.py", line 18, in __init__
cafile = ssl.get_default_verify_paths().openssl_cafile
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'get_default_verify_paths'
logout

Any clue why?

I love how stupidly easy this looks but I can't even properly open gibMacOS.command...
What version of macOS or OS X are you using ?

What version of macOS or OS X are you using ?
-But where does it even mention minimum system specs, I was under the impression this was made for older systems to be able to download?

That is new enough.
But where does it even mention minimum system specs, I was under the impression this was made for older systems to be able to download?
Some people use older versions of OS X like Snow Leopard and then the Python version is too old for the script to run properly. That's why I asked. Are you right (ctrl) clicking on the file and then selecting open ?

Back