Contribute
Register

gibMacOS Tutorial ~ How to Download macOS Directly from Apple

Well from your scrennshot.. it seems that the command didn' t download allfiles in full.....
This sucks... because the download is so so so slow... it takes a whole day

Well from your scrennshot.. it seems that the command didn' t download allfiles in full.....
This sucks... because the download is so so so slow... it takes a whole day
What is your internet download speed ? Are you certain that you did steps 4 and 5 ?

4. Rt. click and open BuildMacOSinstallapp.command
5. Drag & Drop the InstallESDDmg.pkg file into the Terminal Window

maximum 20 mbps
I did that ...
The downloaded InstallESDDmg.pkg was 5.4 gb not 7.7 gb ...so there was an error in download

Last edited:
The downloaded InstallESDDmg.pkg was 5.4 gb not 7.7 gb
May have gotten interrupted and didn't completely finish. Give it another try.

May have gotten interrupted and didn't completely finish. Give it another try.
I tried but the average speed is only 160KB/s.
Its very very slow... exactly the same a yesterday

Maybe restart your router to see if that helps the speeds.

I did that yesterday when i tried it for the first time. The results were the same. ...Its definitely not the router. Right now I am downloading at 1.7MB/s

I did that yesterday when i tried it for the first time. The results were the same. ...Its definitely not the router. Right now I am downloading at 1.7MB/s
There are more people on the internet and a lot of traffic that will slow speeds down. It's to be expected these days.

Do you have a Windows machine you could try it on? It shouldn't make any difference but anything is worth a try.

Do you have a Windows machine you could try it on? It shouldn't make any difference but anything is worth a try.

I haven't used a windows machine.... since 2003... (Win XP era)... Only linux and MacOS......
Ohhhh my..... I am getting OLD.......Ohhh my........ my first linux installation.... didn' t even had a GUI....
seriously ... I am getting old

There are more people on the internet and a lot of traffic that will slow speeds down. It's to be expected these days.

This is understandable ... but 160KB/s average on four attempts in 2 days........it's slow....

Back