Contribute
Register

Giacomoleopardo's X79 "Mostro"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey,
If someone is still using this M/B, here are my working EFI folders for 10.14.6 and 10.15.1 (no themes folder).

Attachments

• EFI_10.14.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 424
  • EFI_10.15.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 501
Using Vega 64 with no issues. I tested RX 580 and 480. All of them works OOB.

Any idea why this DSDT will keep the CPUo at 1.2GHz in Sierra on Sabertooth X79? The 3960x 6-core worked great. But I got the 16 threads error on upgrading to E5 1680 v2. I was able to boot with the DSDT in first post - but the CPU is limited to 1.2GHz.

Any idea why this DSDT will keep the CPUo at 1.2GHz in Sierra on Sabertooth X79? The 3960x 6-core worked great. But I got the 16 threads error on upgrading to E5 1680 v2. I was able to boot with the DSDT in first post - but the CPU is limited to 1.2GHz.
Hard to say. Sabertooth X79 is Intel® X79 chipset, Z9PE-D8 WS is Intel® C602. I'd find some discussion with the same motherboard

Hey,
Here is my working EFI folder (for Clover's adepts) for Big Sur 11.0 (no themes folder and SNs).
Tested with E5 v2 CPUs but, theoretically, should work with v1 CPUs as well.

Attachments

• EFI_11.0.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 229
Last edited:
Hey,
Here is my working EFI folder (for Clover's adepts) for BS 11.0 (no themes folder and SNs).
That's interesting! I wish I still had the machine with me to test it! Thanks anyway!

Hi all!
Can I ask if the integrated firewire (z9pe-d8 ws) works in big sur (or catalina), or worked in older mac os versions?
It's VIA VT6315 Controller [1106:3403]

I don't have any firewire device to test, I'm asking because in about this mac --> system report --> firewire, I read:
Firewire bus
Warning: unable to list firewire devices

I though it's because there's no device attached, but in my original mac book pro 4,1 (with catalina) the warning is not there, and I can read the firewire bus speed instead (although the isight should be attached to the firewire internally?).

Thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back