Contribute
Register

Giacomoleopardo's Workstation Triplet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Giacomoleopardo's,

I seen on some another forum that you success for patch the bios for unlocked MSR 0xE2, can you show me how to patch the bios and make it work?thanks

Still trying to get a Sierra build going.....:rolleyes:

thx

i have since the release candidate :SIERRA on my MBPr and honestly it doesn't bring lot of interest,
i feel for some programs that X.11 is much better

maybe with their new system while replace the HFS+ it will be ok, but for now i dont advice to go to SIERRA
but it is my 2cts ;)

Hi GDS,

So you have managed to get a running and stable Sierra build on your PC System?

Can you please share what kexts you have used for the Sierra install and your config.plist under Clover.

Bios settings as per Giacomoleopardo?

Thanks

thx

i have since the release candidate :SIERRA on my MBPr and honestly it doesn't bring lot of interest,
i feel for some programs that X.11 is much better

maybe with their new system while replace the HFS+ it will be ok, but for now i dont advice to go to SIERRA
but it is my 2cts ;)

Share pls! :thumbup: I can't get passed the boot screen :banghead:

anyone have any luck yet with 10.12. I've tried about everything I could and either get ++++ on boot. I'm really hoping Giacomoleopardo provides and updated guide.. pretty please :)

hi all

oups i think it is a misunderstanding: i installed sierra on my official MBPr (not my hack) and it is not super at all,

so much better to stay on his great work and on el capitan for now...

PS: now i am more focuisng on my new monster, i am waiting my Xeon E5-2696 V4 SR2J0
6950x@4,3GHz it is not so useful for rendering and stitching huge projects:
in my case 22 cores and 44 threads
YES much better :)

some ppl on youtube managed it on X99 deluxe II
the new bios from the 21st september accepts the 2699 so indeed the 2696 (it is just oem version mobo dont recognize the difference as for a confidential for example)

i will create one thread for it

ps: sorry Giacomoleopardo to post it here ;)

Awesome guide. Worked for my ga-x99-ud3p + i7-6800k setup. Thanks a bunch

I have Asus Rampage v Edition 10 mobo, Intel i7-6950x and Nvidia GTX 1080, Anybody got this combination to work, please help if so, I already tried with sierra guide but it won't boot

thanks

Thanks for clearing that up GDS...;)

@iLbsLi - an El Capitan 10.11.6 build is your best bet for now.

I've had no luck with Sierra on my Asus RE v 10 + i7 6900K + GTX 980 Ti :-X i have El Capitan running sweet! Got everything working except the USB 3.1 ports.

Thanks for clearing that up GDS...;)

@iLbsLi - an El Capitan 10.11.6 build is your best bet for now.

I've had no luck with Sierra on my Asus RE v 10 + i7 6900K + GTX 980 Ti :-X i have El Capitan running sweet! Got everything working except the USB 3.1 ports.
i couldn't even got el capitan to boot, could it be because of the gtx 1080?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back