Contribute
Register

Giacomoleopardo's Workstation Triplet

Status
Not open for further replies.
nobody knows this answer because they are not released, maybe nvidia wont even release drivers for your card. I'm also waiting but wont buy until the drivers come out

I ended up having many issues with kernel boots and video driver issues. I ended up running Linux mint and windows 10 on separate hard drives. They worked perfectly out the gate. I'll just use my previous pc for hackintosh only.

I wasn't able to get Bluetooth working out of the box.. Wireless is fine

anyone have any luck with MacOS yet I gave it a shot and I'm just getting a black screen with no white progress bar

anyone have any luck with MacOS yet I gave it a shot and I'm just getting a black screen with no white progress bar

Im getting the same thing. I upgraded from El Capitan to Sierra (by removing the SSD and installing it into my iMac then back into the hackintosh:clap:) the progress bar pops up but no progress. :banghead::banghead:

Did anyone have any issues getting audio_cloverALC-110_v1.0s10.command to fully download? It just gets stuck half way through or am i just being impatient?

Also something weird / slightly annoying is the clover boot screen isn't showing my intel 600p m.2 drive (which has win10 on it) only the mac os x boot drive. So I had a play in bios with CMS settings and having that disabled removes the m.2 drive from the bios so I re enabled and then the bios shows both drives so i boot again into clover and again only the mac os drive is showing.

Any thoughts on what I should do? Sell the m.2 drive? haha

Other than that it was super easy to get it all installed! Had 3440 x 1440 res running through the 1080 which was surprising (obviously glitchy tho having no drivers)

Also what is the point in this bios step? - Advanced\Onboard Devices Configuration\PCIEX16_2 Slot Bandwidth as X4 Mode (ASMedia USB 3.1 will be disabled)

my wireless card stop working when i did this, changing it back allowed it to work.

Last edited:
Hey giacomoleopardo

Thanks so much for this detailed guide, I've got an x99-a II & a 6800k which i'm really keen to turn into a stable hack. Only problem is I have a GTX 1080 which i'm crossing my fingers nvidia will release web drivers for.. Do you know if 1080 web drivers if released would work?

Again appreciate the time and effort you put into writing that up!
I have it installed with the current Nvidia driver. Doesn't work.
You and me both :banghead::banghead:

Firstly, thank you so much giacomoleopardos for the amazing guide! You saved me so much work getting my system up and running. I have a similar build, but not the same:

Asus X99-A/USB 3.1 ATX LGA 2011-3
Intel Core i7-6800K 3.4GHz 6-Core
GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB
Crucial Ballistix Elite 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2666
Samsung 850 EVO-Series 1TB
Corsair 750D Airflow Edition ATX Case
TP-Link TL-WDN4800 PCI-Express x1 802.11a/b/g/n wifi card

I'm up and running with El Capitan and reliable booting

Last edited:
How do we get the optical port to work

Thanks you in advance!

Status