Contribute
Register

Giacomoleopardo's Workstation Triplet

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've noticed the kext: XHCI-x99-injector disables some of my usb ports on the back of the motherboard, i need to work out if everything is working without the kext, I,know USB 2 is but i'm unable to test USB31. and 3 ports.

Would having
  • EHCI Hand-off Enabled
along with the kext cause this? Anyway will do some testing

I've noticed the kext: XHCI-x99-injector disables some of my usb ports on the back of the motherboard, i need to work out if everything is working without the kext, I,know USB 2 is but i'm unable to test USB31. and 3 ports.

Would having
  • EHCI Hand-off Enabled
along with the kext cause this? Anyway will do some testing
i would keep disabled EHCI Hand-Off in BIOS, then use both XHCI-x99-injector.kext and USBInjectAll.kext. Meanwhile, since El Capitan supports up to 15 USB connection - where usb 3.0 conuts for two, as 3.0 + 2.0 -, you should add
Code:
<dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>Change 15 Port Limit To 30 in XHCI 10.11 (99-series)</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                g72M/v//EA==
                </data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>AppleUSBXHCIPCI</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                g72M/v//Gg==
                </data>
            </dict>
to your config.plist\Kernel and kext patches\Kext to patch. Otherwise, you could use an ssdt.aml injector for x99 (see RehabMan github for more info, I had no time to dig into that) and after that disable all the usb you don't use by inserting this custom flag in config.plist\Boot Custom Flags
Code:
uia_exclude=HS09;HS10 ecc...
. Down here you'll find the right USB port mappature of X99-A II. You could also find useful this post (point 7. USB Fix)

USB MAPPATURE of ASUS X99-A II
full

This motherboard supports the 16-core Xeon E5-2683 v4 CPU however I do not know it will work with Hackintosh.

What do you think?
I honestly have no clue about this CPU (wonderful!!!) What I do know, is that everybody is patching the kernel in order to avoid fakeCPUID, but they have Haswell-E CPUs, no Broadwell-E. On the other hand PikeRAlpha patched the kernel for a Broadwell-E cpu. Still I need to insert fakeCPUID in Clover config.plist, though. Waiting for somebody with the right patches, hopefully...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi I am unable to get through the installer. It can't complete the install due to the Essentials.pkg. Is there a way to fix that? I have the following

Asus Deluxe II
PCIe 512gb Samsung M.2
Samsung 950 Pro 1TB SSD
Evga 980TX

I tried to install OS X on the PCIe but the system is not detecting it so i tried to do it on the SSD drive.

Hi Giacomoleopardo!

I ended up trying to install it again and this time it went through with no issues. Thank you for providing a guide that at least got me farther than i ever did. Felt good to get into OS X. After booting up here are the weird issues I am having.

M.2 Drive not detected (I have Linux Mint on there) I wanted to overwrite it but it's not showing up for Mac to install OS on
Wifi works
Audio does not work after patching
Tried to install the web drivers but it says I don't have the right OS X installed. I looked in the about me and it's showing 10.11 only and not 10.11.6 which is weird. I think that's why the drivers are not installing
Downloaded ethernet driver but it's not working
My machine is running very slow and it seems only 1 core out of 32 threads is working

Anything i can try to fix this?

Edit: I ended up downloading the 10.11.6 app from app store on my mac book pro. I'm going to run the installer again from scratch and see what happens. But those were the issues I encountered. I was unable to install my video web drivers because of the wrong version so i'll try again.

Last edited:
Audio works but i'm getting glitches every 3 seconds or so and after 30 seconds progressively gets worse until playback basically stops working

Did you install codec commander.kext? If your motherboard has Realtek alc 1150 audio controller, that could solve the issue

I already installed again but now with the 10.11.6 installer and in um using Intel Power Gadget now for monitor the CPU
But missing other stuff to monitor like motherboards, SSD's, Fans maybe there is a solution someone can suggest?

• U have to use the HackrNVMeFamily-10_11_6.kext and put it into (USB+OS Drive) map: /EFI/Clover/Kexts/
  • Audio was also missing after patching the Clover HDA, but installing VoodooHDA-v2.8.7 did the trick for me and its working
  • With the GPU you have to search the right Nvidia web driver version for 10.11.6
  • The ethernet driver you have to use and is working for me: IntelMausiEthernet 2.1.0

So you can get your system working right now i think, the only thing right now is..
Hopefully some of the "Smart Guys" can find a solution for not using fakecpuid but the kernel is not supporting Broadwell-E

Today i'm gonna try to make the system a multiboot on the other SSD's with Yosemite / Windows / Linux Ubuntu or Kali
Ill get it updated about my project, and again thanks for the great support of you guys !

Thank you for the feedback. I will make sure this is patched and see what happens shortly. Also in the SMBIOS section how do i put my ram? I have 128gb of ram but don't see how to add it in the memory section. I missed it but how do i inject the ram?

I did have the right graphics driver it's just OS X overview it said it was 10.11 not 10.11.x which i think was more my fault but i downloaded it from the app store so hopefully it works this time.

You need to inject the RAM into the clover config.plist like as described into the guide

I'm planning to upgrade also to 64GB Ram, so i think you have to inject and add more memory slots..
With clover configurator or a other config editor (xCode/Wrangler)

full

Hey thanks i was able to add it manually but for someone reason the size doesn't allow me to do 16384 i can only go unto 8192 and the frequency of my ram is 2400 but i know in the guide it says to put it on 3000. Does this need to be edit in the config.plist? I have 128gb of ram so i'm guessing i'll need slots 0-7 configured at 16384 and 3000 frequency

Attachments

• Snip20160819_5.png
    Snip20160819_5.png
    798.1 KB · Views: 310
Last edited by a moderator:
Hey thanks i was able to add it manually but for someone reason the size doesn't allow me to do 16384 i can only go unto 8192 and the frequency of my ram is 2400 but i know in the guide it says to put it on 3000. Does this need to be edit in the config.plist? I have 128gb of ram so i'm guessing i'll need slots 0-7 configured at 16384 and 3000 frequency

Disregard i was able to change it using textwrangler now i'm going to proceed please let this work lol

Boot to desktop w. 6850K, x99-Deluxe II & GTX970! Thanks to this guide!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back