Contribute
Register

Giacomoleopardo's Workstation Triplet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @memory_a0903l,

I have not been able to get a macOS Sierra 'Clover' USB install to work i.e. boot to the installer, it always reboots at the PCI Configuration Begin stage...have you managed it? if so let me know your details of your Clover EFI partition (USB), etc.

El Capitan 10.11.6 is working fine with my Rampage V Edition 10 board + i7-6900K with 32GB 3400Mhz DDR4.

As of now i don't think anyone has been successful with an i7-6900K + RVE10 or any other X99 chipset motherboard???????...i haven't seen any guides or updates on the Forums. :thumbup:

A Sierra (working) install with a Broadwell-E i7-6900K & X99 would be great for Xmas :thumbup:....wishful thinking....hehe...hopefully someone will get it working.

Hey, guys.

My computer won't boot up the installer (Step 4).

I get the following error:

IRla8ge.jpg

My build:
- Asus X99-A II
- Geforce GTX-670 (I've tried using a GTX-1080 and I get the same kernel panic)
- 32GB Crucial Ballistic (4 * 8GB 3000MHz)

I followed @giacomoleopardo's to the letter except that my CPU has 6 cores and I won't use thunderbolt.

Can anyone help me?

Just wanting to say this a brilliant guide - thank you so much for your work. Perfect for both the ASUS X99-A II and the Gigabyte X99P-SLI. I'd be screwed without this :)

@memory_a0903l & @mm2margaret

thanks for the guides ;), i will give nickwoodhams guide a go but what i meant earlier is that no one has got the i7-6900K (specific) + ASUS board working on a Sierra install build.

It's well documented that X99 chipset is working...the ASUS range & RVE10 seems to be more problematic...

The audio command file never works, it just stay open and does nothing.

Oops. Delete

Last edited:
Build:
ASUS X99-A II BIOS version 1401
Intel Core i7 6900K - 3.7 GHz
Crucial Ballistix LT 32GB kit UDIMM 2400 MB/s, 16GBx2
EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti VR Gaming 6GB 2xHDMI, 2xDP, DVI VBIOS 84.00.41.00.90
SSD Crucial CT480 M500
El Capitan 10.11.6
THUNDERBOLTEX 3 and
Lycom PE-107 FireWire Card.

I'm been testing this setup now couple of days and unfortenately it's not stable.
Photos and FCPX causes random reboots. I'm been trying to read logs, but can't get anywhere. Looks like there is many different reasons. I can post logs, but don't know sure what to look.

Update:
Added memory to 64GB
THUNDERBOLTEX 3 -not working
Lycom PE-107 FireWire Card -working great with Logic 9 and Steinberg MR816x

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back