Contribute
Register

Giacomoleopardo's Workstation for MasterEaster - Xeon E5-2687W v2 - Asus P9X79 WS - Dual 280X

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need to gather all the needed kexts based on your hardware configuration and put them into kexts/10.10 folder. In my case:
  • AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext (for Marvell controller)
    [*]AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext (to check cpu p-states)
    (Old version. New version AppleIntelInfo.kext)
  • FakeSMC.kext (mandatory for any hackintosh)
    [*]IntelMausiEthernet.kext (for the first Intel LAN controller, the second one is not supported)
    (Are you sure what second one is not supported? As you using IntelMausiEthernet.kext then you got to work Intel® 82579V Gigabit LAN Controller, but Intel® 82574L Gigabit LAN Controller has built-in support from Apple in /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/Intel82574L.kext.)

;)

Capolavoro! Grazie sommo poeta per averlo condiviso con questa completezza!

A masterpiece guide! Thank you for sharing!

Fantastic write up!

I've been struggling getting a 2697v2 to work on my x79-up4 so I was thinking about jumping on your build. In regards to the 2697v2 I'm thinking the only difference might be in the whole hexidecimal section:

Find “processor” in DSDT, then based on your cpu’s threads number (mine is 16) leave just the first 17 (or whatever your number of threads is + 1, I mean from #0 to #16). Please note that they are counted in hexadecimal 0 to 9 are the same but Decimal 10 = Hexadecimal 0A, 11 = 0B, 12 = 0C, 13 = 0D, 14 = 0E, 15 = 0F, 16 = 10 etc…). Here you can find an easy way to translate numbers

I'm still confused by this. I did the conversion and for the 12 core 24 threads it gave me a 19. I'm confused again by the "First 17" or the first 25 for mine. I don't see that. and you're putting the 10 in for your cpu? Where I'd put a 19?
Thanks again,

jb

Thanks to everybody!

Are you sure what second one is not supported? As you using IntelMausiEthernet.kext then you got to work Intel® 82579V Gigabit LAN Controller, but Intel® 82574L Gigabit LAN Controller has built-in support from Apple in /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/Intel82574L.kext.
Thanks for pointing that out. I don't have the machine right now, if anybody could dig into that it would be nice. I'm afraid one modified kext could mess up things with the amazing Mieze's Mausi, though!
EDIT - See next post ;)

Fantastic write up!

I've been struggling getting a 2697v2 to work on my x79-up4 so I was thinking about jumping on your build. In regards to the 2697v2 I'm thinking the only difference might be in the whole hexidecimal section:

Find “processor” in DSDT, then based on your cpu’s threads number (mine is 16) leave just the first 17 (or whatever your number of threads is + 1, I mean from #0 to #16). Please note that they are counted in hexadecimal 0 to 9 are the same but Decimal 10 = Hexadecimal 0A, 11 = 0B, 12 = 0C, 13 = 0D, 14 = 0E, 15 = 0F, 16 = 10 etc…). Here you can find an easy way to translate numbers

I'm still confused by this. I did the conversion and for the 12 core 24 threads it gave me a 19. I'm confused again by the "First 17" or the first 25 for mine. I don't see that. and you're putting the 10 in for your cpu? Where I'd put a 19?
Thanks again,

jb
Can you attach your Native DSDT.dsl? That way would be easier to check and explain.

Are you sure what second one is not supported? As you using IntelMausiEthernet.kext then you got to work Intel® 82579V Gigabit LAN Controller, but Intel® 82574L Gigabit LAN Controller has built-in support from Apple in /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/Intel82574L.kext.

Installed AppleIntelE1000e.kext v. 3.2.4.2 (taken from MultiBeast 7.5.0): both the Ethernet LANs do work!
152445-ethernet.png

152444-ethernet-2.png
See UPDATE #1. In EFI\EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.10 just replace IntelMausiEthernet.kext with AppleIntelE1000e.kext attached in the OP.

Also MasterEaster decided to make some changes to the hardware, due to the high temperatures in such a case like the Cooler Master Silencio 550:
  • New case Corsair Carbide Series® 330R Quiet Mid-Tower Case
  • New CPU Cooler Corsair Hydro Series™ H100i GTX Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler (the Noctua NH-14 still is amazing, but too close to the first GFX: more room for airflow was definitely needed)
  • CSL - SATA Mobile Rack, to replace the Hot Swap feature available with Silencio 550
Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
giacomoleopardo, why do you need AppleIntelE1000e.kext? :D

Will Link Aggregate work with AppleIntelE1000e.kext?! :D
vpn02.png

If you read carefully (Intel® 82574L Gigabit LAN Controller has built-in support from Apple in /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/Intel82574L.kext). I can suggest you make more like vannila Mac OS X removing AppleIntelE1000e.kext and make Kext Injector for your specific LAN hardware. ;)

giacomoleopardo, why do you need AppleIntelE1000e.kext? :D

Will Link Aggregate work with AppleIntelE1000e.kext?! :D

If you read carefully (Intel® 82574L Gigabit LAN Controller has built-in support from Apple in /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/Intel82574L.kext). I can suggest you make more like vannila Mac OS X removing AppleIntelE1000e.kext and make Kext Injector for your specific LAN hardware. ;)
I'm not really an expert in Ethernet issues. I would try to aggregate link o inject kext, but I don't have the machine anymore, just to change the case and cpu cooler. So now I no longer can try.
anyway, would you please be more specific, maybe somebody can try your suggestion in similar scenario :thumbup:

giacomoleopardo, Check out How to create a AGPM Injector topic and make similar based on Intel82574L.kext. You will figure out. :D

P.S.
You can try use Clover KextsToPatch for Intel82574L.kext Info.plist and get much more vannila like Mac OS X. I couldn't got to work because Slice broke something in Clover code ;)

giacomoleopardo, Check out How to create a AGPM Injector topic and make similar based on Intel82574L.kext. You will figure out. :D

P.S.
You can try use Clover KextsToPatch for Intel82574L.kext Info.plist and get much more vannila like Mac OS X. I couldn't got to work because Slice broke something in Clover code ;)

Thanks for the tips!
I tried Clover injection via Kernel and Kext Patches
152682-clover-intel-patch-non-working.png
Ethernet 2 seemed to be recognized but no connection (red mark).
Then I found an injector kext (a kind of "dummy kext" made just of an info.plist) called IONetworkingFamilyInjector.kext made by forum member Valitor that seems to work!
Basically here's the original info.plist in IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/Intel82574L.kext/Contents/Info.plist
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>BuildMachineOSBuild</key>
	<string>14F17</string>
	<key>CFBundleDevelopmentRegion</key>
	<string>English</string>
	<key>CFBundleExecutable</key>
	<string>Intel82574L</string>
	<key>CFBundleGetInfoString</key>
	<string>2.6.8, Copyright Apple, Inc. 2009-2014</string>
	<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
	<string>com.apple.driver.Intel82574L</string>
	<key>CFBundleInfoDictionaryVersion</key>
	<string>6.0</string>
	<key>CFBundleName</key>
	<key>CFBundlePackageType</key>
	<string>KEXT</string>
	<key>CFBundleShortVersionString</key>
	<string>2.6.8</string>
	<key>CFBundleSignature</key>
	<string>????</string>
	<key>CFBundleVersion</key>
	<string>2.6.8b1</string>
	<key>DTCompiler</key>
	<string>com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0</string>
	<key>DTPlatformBuild</key>
	<string>6D543f</string>
	<key>DTPlatformVersion</key>
	<string>GM</string>
	<key>DTSDKBuild</key>
	<string>14E40</string>
	<key>DTSDKName</key>
	<string>macosx10.10internal</string>
	<key>DTXcode</key>
	<string>0630</string>
	<key>DTXcodeBuild</key>
	<string>6D543f</string>
	<key>IOKitPersonalities</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Intel82574L</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Driver Parameters</key>
			<dict>
				<key>Enable TSO</key>
				<false/>
				<key>Flow Control</key>
				<string>Transmit and Receive</string>
				<key>Maximum Interrupt Rate</key>
				<integer>8000</integer>
				<key>Offload TCP/IP Checksum</key>
				<true/>
				<key>RxAbsoluteTimer10</key>
				<integer>300</integer>
				<key>RxAbsoluteTimer100</key>
				<integer>300</integer>
				<key>RxAbsoluteTimer1000</key>
				<integer>64</integer>
				<key>RxDelayTimer10</key>
				<integer>25</integer>
				<key>RxDelayTimer100</key>
				<integer>25</integer>
				<key>RxDelayTimer1000</key>
				<integer>0</integer>
				<key>RxDescriptorCount</key>
				<integer>1024</integer>
				<key>TxDescriptorCount</key>
				<integer>1024</integer>
			</dict>
			<key>IOClass</key>
			<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>
			<string>0x104b8086 0x10f68086</string>
			<key>IOPCISecondaryMatch</key>
			<string>0x00008086 0x00000000</string>
			<key>IOPCITunnelCompatible</key>
			<true/>
			<key>IOProviderClass</key>
			<string>IOPCIDevice</string>
			<key>IOResourceMatch</key>
			<string>IOKit</string>
		</dict>
	</dict>
	<key>OSBundleLibraries</key>
	<dict>
		<key>com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingFamily</key>
		<string>1.5.0</string>
		<key>com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily</key>
		<string>1.7</string>
		<key>com.apple.kpi.bsd</key>
		<string>8.10.0</string>
		<key>com.apple.kpi.iokit</key>
		<string>8.10.0</string>
		<key>com.apple.kpi.libkern</key>
		<string>8.10.0</string>
		<key>com.apple.kpi.mach</key>
		<string>8.10.0</string>
	</dict>
	<key>OSBundleRequired</key>
	<string>Network-Root</string>
</dict>
</plist>
And the following is the Info.plist of IONetworkingFamilyInjector.kext/Contents/Info.plist
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>CFBundleDevelopmentRegion</key>
	<string>English</string>
	<string>com.void.driver.IONetworkingFamilyInjector</string>
	<key>CFBundleInfoDictionaryVersion</key>
	<string>6.0</string>
	<key>CFBundleName</key>
	<string>Intel Gigabit CT Desktop Adapter Support Fix</string>
	<key>CFBundlePackageType</key>
	<string>KEXT</string>
	<key>CFBundleSignature</key>
	<string>????</string>
	<key>CFBundleVersion</key>
	<string>1.0.0</string>
	<key>IOKitPersonalities</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Intel82574L</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Driver Parameters</key>
			<dict>
				<key>Dump EEPROM</key>
				<false/>
				<key>Enable TSO</key>
				<false/>
				<key>EnableLowPwr</key>
				<integer>1</integer>
				<key>Flow Control</key>
				<string>Transmit and Receive</string>
				<key>Maximum Interrupt Rate</key>
				<integer>8000</integer>
				<key>Offload TCP/IP Checksum</key>
				<true/>
				<key>RxAbsoluteTimer10</key>
				<integer>300</integer>
				<key>RxAbsoluteTimer100</key>
				<integer>300</integer>
				<key>RxAbsoluteTimer1000</key>
				<integer>64</integer>
				<key>RxDelayTimer10</key>
				<integer>25</integer>
				<key>RxDelayTimer100</key>
				<integer>25</integer>
				<key>RxDelayTimer1000</key>
				<integer>0</integer>
				<key>RxDescriptorCount</key>
				<integer>256</integer>
				<key>TxBadPackets</key>
				<integer>0</integer>
				<key>TxDescriptorCount</key>
				<integer>512</integer>
				<key>TxQueueSize</key>
				<integer>4096</integer>
				<key>WaitForLinkUp</key>
				<integer>6000</integer>
			</dict>
			<key>IOClass</key>
			<key>IOPCIMatch</key>
			<string>0x104b8086 0x10f68086 0x10d38086</string>
			<key>IOPCITunnelCompatible</key>
			<true/>
			<key>IOProviderClass</key>
			<string>IOPCIDevice</string>
			<key>IOResourceMatch</key>
			<string>IOKit</string>
		</dict>
	</dict>
	<key>OSBundleRequired</key>
	<string>Network-Root</string>
</dict>
</plist>
The results seems to be pretty good
152660-ethernet2.png
The second Ethernet (Intel® 82574L Gigabit LAN Controller) is now perfectly working.
Still the Intel® 82579V Gigabit LAN Controller (Ethernet) needs Mieze's IntelMausiEthernet.kext
152659-ethernet.png
I tried to aggregate the two ethernets, the link was successfully created
152661-link-aggr-0.png

152662-link-aggr-1.png
The aggregation is not active: perhaps I need both Ethernets active? Or maybe the aggregate link process is referring to the first one only?
Can't really say. Any clue? Anyway I'll try with Both LAN connected as soon as I'll have a chance.
152663-link-aggr-2.png
See UPDATE #2 in the OP.

Thanks Coool for pointing this way out! :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
giacomoleopardo, chooses hard way to get/make kext injector :D. You could made it from original kext changing device id and removing unnecessary stuff. So Slice screwed up Clover injection via Kernel and Kext Patches didn't work for you too. Link Aggregate won't work on standard Wi-Fi router with default firmware. You need firmware with Link aggregation support. ;) But it's another story not for this forum and topic. How can I help you out more?! :D

P.S.
giacomoleopardo, can you post HWSensors HWMonitor application Menu screenshot? I'm curious if fan contoller is recognized on Asus P9X79 WS motherboard and HWMonitor is reporting fans speeds. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back