Contribute
Register

Giacomoleopardo's Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WiFi Build for DB

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just set my bios to default settings and then just booted into unibeast without any flags.
-x will get you into (safe mode) and probably help you with your video card. You may want to try HDMI, with and without the video card.
Sometimes you have to plug the video card in after the installation and setup is fully completed.

I have been meddling with this for over 24 hours, have been changing bios settings and different flags but to no avail.

1.Wifi card has been removed as it is not supported by OS X
2.ALL USB devices plugged into 2.0 USB Port in the back.
3.Monitor plugged into DVI of Motherboard
4.Motherboard using F2 version of Bios (Everyone is using this)

Using the following flags result in this error
"[IOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- Completed
*** [IOBluetoothHCIController][SearchForTransportEventTimeOutHandler] -- Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!"

-v, -x -v, -v PCIRootUID=0/1 /+ GraphicsEnabler=yes, -v -x PCIRootUID=0/1 /+ GraphicsEnabler=yes

If anyone has the same build as me, please help me. I have tried the OSX86 uniBeast Guide and http://www.tonymacx86.com/golden-bu...pardos-gigabyte-ga-z77n-wifi-build-db-33.html guide.

If you have any idea what the settings should be after loading optimized defaults and what boot flags should be used, do let me know. I will not hesitate to try.

Please help me, thanks

If you're using the hardware in your signature, please note that the cpu you have does not have OSX supported graphics. It has Intel® HD Graphics 2000, OSX supports HD3000 or higher. You may need to change cpu or get a discrete graphic card

If you're using the hardware in your signature, please note that the cpu you have does not have OSX supported graphics. It has Intel® HD Graphics 2000, OSX supports HD3000 or higher. You may need to change cpu or get a discrete graphic card

Hi, thanks for the reply. I have bought a nVidia Quadro 600, works fine until first reboot.

Having a black screen after rebooting (Kext Cache Rebuilt and Permissions Repaired), any idea how to solve this?

I just set my bios to default settings and then just booted into unibeast without any flags.
-x will get you into (safe mode) and probably help you with your video card. You may want to try HDMI, with and without the video card.
Sometimes you have to plug the video card in after the installation and setup is fully completed.

Sadly, the card only has DVI and DP

Would it be safe to just upgrade to Yosemite from Appstore this build ?

I was able to :)

• I used unibeast to make a boot USB for Yosemite.
  • I made backups of my boot.plist files for reference.
  • I did a backup and checked my permissions using Disk Utility.
  • Used the created Unibeast boot usb to install Yosimite on top of my existing installation. (This upgrades and keeps your settngs/files)
  • Once installed, use the boot usb to boot into your installed Yosimite. (You need to use the USB to boot, since your hard drive's chameleon is out of date). You might need to use -x for the first boot.
  • Then, i did the DSDT stuff per the guide here... (you might be able to use your old DSDT.aml.. i am not sure)
  • Installed Multibeast stuff, used similar settings to this guide.
  • Once multibeast was done, I used Chameleon Wizard to set up a random mac serial number and device to a MacMini 6,2 .
  • If you had any special settings in your old boot.plist file in /Extras/ you may want to add them to your new one.
  • Also, dont forget to add kext-dev-mode=1 to your boot.plist boot flags.
  • I then did a permissions check, Rebooted, and it was good on Yosemite :)

Note: I didnt do the power saving stuff that was on the original guide.. I will have to do that soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Note: I didnt do the power saving stuff that was on the original guide.. I will have to do that soon.
Please let us know when you do!

I have also updated to yosemite. Had no problems with the general install but can't get the p-states working anymore..
Don't know why but the SSDT seems to not be picked up by Chimera (I checked my boot plist and generated new SSDT's with ssdtprgen script).

Please let us know when you do!

I have also updated to yosemite. Had no problems with the general install but can't get the p-states working anymore..
Don't know why but the SSDT seems to not be picked up by Chimera (I checked my boot plist and generated new SSDT's with ssdtprgen script).

Don't know if this can help you. For me speedsteps are working fine with the same SSDT installed in Mavericks, but I've migrated to clover. If you are interested in Facetime and iMessage this is a necessary step and maybe solve your problem regarding the speedsteps

I inquire someone more prepared than me (Giacomo?:)).
Clover works well and "Clover configurator" is basically very similar to "Chameleon Wizard". But some things are not so obvious. More precisely, I refer to the procedure to hide some elements from the GUI of Clover, as EFI partitions, or what they do and how to use the "Custom entries" "Custom Legacy" "Custom Tools".

I inquire someone more prepared than me (Giacomo?:)).
Clover works well and "Clover configurator" is basically very similar to "Chameleon Wizard". But some things are not so obvious. More precisely, I refer to the procedure to hide some elements from the GUI of Clover, as EFI partitions, or what they do and how to use the "Custom entries" "Custom Legacy" "Custom Tools".

Hi flicka I have a machine like yours z77e-itx, can you help me install clover on it please? Can you post how you do-it?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back