Contribute
Register

Giacomoleopardo's Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WiFi Build for DB

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad even sleep and wake are working! To answer to your questions:
1 - Unplug the onboard wifi card (it has bluetooth feature as well) and use just the Belkin dongle, and see if it works better.
2 - Honestly I'm not an SSD expert, perhaps somebody here can help you out in other section of the forum, or just google it up.
3 - To fix resolution of the Apple boot logo and chimera screen, open from /Extra folder chameleon.org.Boot.plist with text edit, and add manually these two lines
Code:
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1200x32</string>
I guess this is your monitor resolution according to this
Of course save changes and reboot to check. Furthermore, if you want speed up (just a few seconds) the boot process, stay in org.chameleon.Boot.plist and change
Code:
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
into
Code:
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>1</string>
or just replace these two lines with
Code:
<key>Quiet Boot</key>
<string>Yes</string>
in this last case, you won't see chimera screen anymore, unless you press F8 key between bios screen and Apple boot logo.
4 - To update to 10.8.4, a few days ago I've added in post #2 the UPDATE #4 that explains what to do. Be sure to make a full backup before, though, you'll never know!​

Hi i forgot to mention that i did remove the Wifi card from the Motherborad, but after that i still had some issues with the bluetooth dongle :/ Hopefully they wont come back.

I ended up going with the Quiet boot string, it did speed up the boot time a bit :)

Maybe now i can start enjoying this Hackintosh.

This is how my kext looks now:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=10</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Quiet Boot</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>DropSSDT</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>

Now there is twice the Graphics mode Key, should i delete other ?
And does it seem normal otherwise ? :)

Hi i forgot to mention that i did remove the Wifi card from the Motherborad, but after that i still had some issues with the bluetooth dongle :/ Hopefully they wont come back.

Now there is twice the Graphics mode Key, should i delete other ?
And does it seem normal otherwise ? :)
Yes, remove these lines
Code:
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>No</string>
I also noticed you have the last lines after the
Code:
</dict>
</plist>
well, the </plist> line must be the last one. Insert all the others key/string lines before that, your org.chameleon.Boot.plist should be like this
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=10</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Quiet Boot</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>DropSSDT</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>
For the BT, try different usb ports to check if its behavior still remains the same

First of all THANX for the previous help about the popping sound,if you don't mind Giacomo I need your help once again:

after putting the system definition 6,2 Mac mini I finally see the cpu throttling through several state when before it was working only at min and MAX,but I get a new problem about the gpu!!!

Only with safari and only with flash codec(not html5)youtube(and any other flash application)makes artifact and then freeze the whole system forcing me to reset.If I use any other browser it doesn't happen,if I switch to other System definition it doesn't happen.......I read somewhere else that the problem is connected to GPU PM(i got a gtx 660 2 gb zotac)and even If I've done everything written in your wonderful hide Istill have the problem.

So now I have to choose beetween CPU speedstep or safari flash video.....I would to mantain safari because of Icloud

Thx i advance

First of all THANX for the previous help about the popping sound,if you don't mind Giacomo I need your help once again:

after putting the system definition 6,2 Mac mini I finally see the cpu throttling through several state when before it was working only at min and MAX,but I get a new problem about the gpu!!!

Only with safari and only with flash codec(not html5)youtube(and any other flash application)makes artifact and then freeze the whole system forcing me to reset.If I use any other browser it doesn't happen,if I switch to other System definition it doesn't happen.......I read somewhere else that the problem is connected to GPU PM(i got a gtx 660 2 gb zotac)and even If I've done everything written in your wonderful hide Istill have the problem.

So now I have to choose beetween CPU speedstep or safari flash video.....I would to mantain safari because of Icloud

Thx i advance
zuzudom, I believe it's a nVidia issue, indeed! I've had that issue as well. I'm going to be honest, I didn't come to a solution for Safari. I would try other AGPM.kext\Contents\Info.plist (taken from other sysdef than iMac 13,2 or other cards in iMac13,2) edits, but unfortunately, I don't have this rig anymore, and no nVidia cards now to test 'em, so I can't try it. But you can! So why don't you give it a shot? It could be a frustrating and long research, trial and error method, maybe not the same for everybody, but finding a solution (if it's AGPM edit) could be a real gamechanger! I suggest to open a new thread in graphics section of the forum, or perhaps looking for an already existing one. I would follow it with great interest! Please, post news if you have.

EDIT #1 this thread could be interesting
EDIT #2 as toleda stated, SysDef macbookpro10,1 has full support for Ivy Bridge Power Management and it also has an NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M. Maybe changing SysDef with Chameleon Wizard to MacBook Pro Retina (10,1) will do the trick. Of course you have to check if everything is ok, like cpu PM, sleep, wake, AGPM etc
EDIT #3 Take a look at these posts (#573 and #575), meanwhile I'm asking toleda infos about it.

I guess the issue is this: since MacMini 6,2 (the real one) has only HD4000 onboard graphics, (and to use a discrete graphic card on our hacks Internal Graphics has not to be enabled in bios) the system get in some way "confused" about internal graphics (which is used by Safari to play web videos, I guess)

zuzudom, I believe it's a nVidia issue, indeed! I've had that issue as well. I'm going to be honest, I didn't come to a solution for Safari. I would try other AGPM.kext\Contents\Info.plist (taken from other sysdef than iMac 13,2 or other cards in iMac13,2) edits, but unfortunately, I don't have this rig anymore, and no nVidia cards now to test 'em, so I can't try it. But you can! So why don't you give it a shot? It could be a frustrating and long research, trial and error method, maybe not the same for everybody, but finding a solution (if it's AGPM edit) could be a real gamechanger! I suggest to open a new thread in graphics section of the forum, or perhaps looking for an already existing one. I would follow it with great interest! Please, post news if you have.

EDIT #1 this thread could be interesting
EDIT #2 as toleda stated, SysDef macbookpro10,1 has full support for Ivy Bridge Power Management and it also has an NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M. Maybe changing SysDef with Chameleon Wizard to MacBook Pro Retina (10,1) will do the trick. Of course you have to check if everything is ok, like cpu PM, sleep, wake, AGPM etc
EDIT #3 Take a look at these posts (#573 and #575), meanwhile I'm asking toleda infos about it.

I guess the issue is this: since MacMini 6,2 (the real one) has only HD4000 onboard graphics, (and to use a discrete graphic card on our hacks Internal Graphics has not to be enabled in bios) the system get in some way "confused" about internal graphics (wich is used by Safari to play web videos, I guess)

THX,THX really THX!!!

I really appreciate all the effort you put in helping the people!!!!

I'll start digging and i'll tell you any news!

Just a little update:

the best solution for me comes from the first solution you proposed me----disable hw acceleration in flash player,easy and fast

I try even the macbook display retina definition but with no success

I didn't modify any kext because The hw acceleration suits my needs!!

always thx!

Hi giacomoleopardo!

At which point in your thread did you install the graphics card? I have almost the same hardware and I can't get it to work properly. The only difference is the RAM and the CPU. I got Corsair XMS3 and an i5 3570K. I installed 10.8.2 without any problems, updated it to 10.8.4, installed the latest nvidia-drivers for 10.8.4 and ran multibeast wich exactly the same settings like you, but when I switch to the gtx650, I get a kernel panic during boot (system uptime in xxx nanoseconds) :banghead: What can I do?

Best regards, Joe!

Edit: I still got my old gtx50ti dcII. Should I use that one instead?

Just a little update:

the best solution for me comes from the first solution you proposed me----disable hw acceleration in flash player,easy and fast

I try even the macbook display retina definition but with no success

I didn't modify any kext because The hw acceleration suits my needs!!

always thx!

that is awesome news! I'm glad! :clap:

Hi giacomoleopardo!

At which point in your thread did you install the graphics card? I have almost the same hardware and I can't get it to work properly. The only difference is the RAM and the CPU. I got Corsair XMS3 and an i5 3570K. I installed 10.8.2 without any problems, updated it to 10.8.4, installed the latest nvidia-drivers for 10.8.4 and ran multibeast wich exactly the same settings like you, but when I switch to the gtx650, I get a kernel panic during boot (system uptime in xxx nanoseconds) :banghead: What can I do?

Best regards, Joe!

Edit: I still got my old gtx50ti dcII. Should I use that one instead?
I made the whole install process with GTX 650 installed, since it's natively supported in OSX 10.8.3. If you have installed nVidia drivers, maybe you can find some useful infos here, I guess you have to reach desktop in safe mode (-x in chimera) then change org.chameleon.Boot.plist adding this
Code:
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=0 nvda_drv=1</string>
that will give you options to use nVidia drivers.
But as a matter of fact, a fresh install with GFX already installed would be an interesting test for the rig, can you do that?

that is awesome news! I'm glad! :clap:

I made the whole install process with GTX 650 installed, since it's natively supported in OSX 10.8.3. If you have installed nVidia drivers, maybe you can find some useful infos here, I guess you have to reach desktop in safe mode (-x in chimera) then change org.chameleon.Boot.plist adding this
Code:
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
that will give you options to use nVidia drivers.
But as a matter of fact, a fresh install with GFX already installed would be an interesting test for the rig, can you do that?

Hi Giacomoleopardo!

Thank you for your advice! I got it working! :headbang: I just needed to switch the HD4000 off in Bios! Arghh!! I just set it to PEG before and reached the kernel-panic! :banghead: I got it up and running as Mac Pro 3,1 right now, but without the nvidia-drivers! Adding
Code:
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
didn't work for me, because graphics freezes when I used that option! So I just use darkwake=0 and it works!

I also tried a fresh install with the graphics card plugged in as you suggested, but I get a get kernel-panic, when I want to boot from my usb-drive (10.8.2) and I can't even reach the installer! :cry:

So I used the HD4000, installed 10.8.2, updated it to 10.8.4 via combo update and ran multibeast. It is still a MacPro 3,1 now and power management isn't working properly. It won't wake up from sleep. The Computer goes on again, but the screen doesn't. What can I do? Can I follow your guide? I got the same hardware, except of the CPU. Mine is a 3570K only. What's your advice?

best regards, Joe

Hi Giacomoleopardo!

Thank you for your advice! I got it working! :headbang: I just needed to switch the HD4000 off in Bios! Arghh!! I just set it to PEG before and reached the kernel-panic! :banghead: I got it up and running as Mac Pro 3,1 right now, but without the nvidia-drivers! Adding
Code:
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
didn't work for me, because graphics freezes when I used that option! So I just use darkwake=0 and it works!

I also tried a fresh install with the graphics card plugged in as you suggested, but I get a get kernel-panic, when I want to boot from my usb-drive (10.8.2) and I can't even reach the installer! :cry:

So I used the HD4000, installed 10.8.2, updated it to 10.8.4 via combo update and ran multibeast. It is still a MacPro 3,1 now and power management isn't working properly. It won't wake up from sleep. The Computer goes on again, but the screen doesn't. What can I do? Can I follow your guide? I got the same hardware, except of the CPU. Mine is a 3570K only. What's your advice?

best regards, Joe
Hi, Joe
I actually don't know if darkwake is related to the nVidia drivers, I turned it into darkwake=10 to enable autosleep, that's all I know about that. Anyway: yes, follow the whole guide and hopefully your hack will be fully working. I tried not only to make the guide as simple as possible to follow, but also to explain why I did those steps. Try to understand the meaning of 'em: I believe that would be the most important thing for an hackintosher.
One little tip I can give you is to not install nVidia drivers, OSX has its own fully working nVidia ones. I suggest to install Cuda drivers for Mac, since the last release has full support for 10.8.4. If you're using Adobe CS6 suite, you'll have to enable Cuda for Premiere and After Effect as explained here
One more thing, you can choose MacMini 6,1 (i5 cpu) if you want. In post #1, after the MultiBeast screenshot, I explain why I chose MacMini 6,2. I think both SysDef are ok for you. Maybe test wich one gives you better speedsteps. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back