Contribute
Register

Giacomoleopardo's Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WiFi Build for DB

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i have gotten pretty far now in the guide, thx to all of you :)

i attached a screen shot about my situation, my plist dont seem the have the same possibilities like the
max power state and min power state, so how can i change them ?

And where do i need to input the speed stepping data that i have in the terminal window ?

Almost there :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-06-10 at 11.57.49 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-06-10 at 11.57.49 PM.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 226
I don't know exactly but I think your p-states are not fully optimal.
maybe you haven't done the following steps:

1. If you're using Chimera bootloader, simply go to /Extra and rename the file ssdt.aml.
2. Or this? (in
org.chameleon.Boot.plist)Code:
<key>DropSSDT</key>
<string>Yes</string>

For the CPU & GPU power management you should add some lines to the plists yourself (right mouse -> add row). Be sure to add them only in the right places ;)

So i have gotten pretty far now in the guide, thx to all of you :)

i attached a screen shot about my situation, my plist dont seem the have the same possibilities like the
max power state and min power state, so how can i change them ?

And where do i need to input the speed stepping data that i have in the terminal window ?

Almost there :)

I don't know exactly but I think your p-states are not fully optimal.
maybe you haven't done the following steps:

1. If you're using Chimera bootloader, simply go to /Extra and rename the file ssdt.aml.
2. Or this? (in
org.chameleon.Boot.plist)Code:
<key>DropSSDT</key>
<string>Yes</string>

For the CPU & GPU power management you should add some lines to the plists yourself (right mouse -> add row). Be sure to add them only in the right places ;)

Changing AGPM .plist is not mandatory. The system seems to work properly with native kext as well. Also your Power Management seems to work properly, run geekbench or some other test, a few apps, surf internet, then check again p-steps with AICPUPMINFO, probably it will show more p-states, two important things: first, check the max pstate (the max value should be 38, do you have ssdtPRGen terminal screenshot?), it seems weird that the max value is 35, maybe Intel Turbo is not enabled in bios! Or maybe with geekbench it will go up. And second, showing more than two pstates (usually 16 and 38) is a very good sign for PM, so you're almost there! Also jns1986's tips are good, I would also delete from org.chameleon.Boot.plist Generate Pstates and Generate Cstates keys and strings lines, the bootloader doesn't need to load 'em, ssdt will take care of that.

Changing AGPM .plist is not mandatory. The system seems to work properly with native kext as well. Also your Power Management seems to work properly, run geekbench or some other test, a few apps, surf internet, then check again p-steps with AICPUPMINFO, probably it will show more p-states, two important things: first, check the max pstate (the max value should be 38, do you have ssdtPRGen terminal screenshot?), it seems weird that the max value is 35, maybe Intel Turbo is not enabled in bios! Or maybe with geekbench it will go up. And second, showing more than two pstates (usually 16 and 38) is a very good sign for PM, so you're almost there! Also jns1986's tips are good, I would also delete from org.chameleon.Boot.plist Generate Pstates and Generate Cstates keys and strings lines, the bootloader doesn't need to load 'em, ssdt will take care of that.

Thank You for quick reply again :)

A screen shot here again, so ok i will skip the IGPU editing/adding if it really is not mandatory and work will without, basically all these steps for me are just done by reading your guide and not really understanding what im doing, so new all this to me :) But hopefully o dont make mistakes, and in the future i will get more understanding about this if ill stick to Hackintosh'es wich ill prolly do :)

The line i have highlighted in the quote i dont quite understand, that cstates keys and strings lines :)

I will check the bios again and the settings there :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-06-11 at 8.59.20 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-06-11 at 8.59.20 AM.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 153
Simply open org.chameleon.Boot.plist with text edit, then delete these lines
Code:
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Simply open org.chameleon.Boot.plist with text edit, then delete these lines
Code:
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Did that. Ran Geekbench 32bit, score was 10071
here are som photos of my bios, ive tried to change according to guide and saved. Dont know if the changes are working or applied coreectly.

Here are some photos of my bios:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nvx3g0g61x2npul/2013-06-11 11.30.51.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q02o691c0u9lgj4/2013-06-11 11.29.50.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/374cqq9d8l36pel/2013-06-11 11.29.29.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/szicwx2kydtqcpj/2013-06-11 11.28.55.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g74vrvogy20a6as/2013-06-11 11.28.38.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tvy7vrkd3rkbwdc/2013-06-11 11.28.21.jpg

Seems like there is some problems with bluetooth also, a delay when booted into OsX wich after first the keyboard is connected, if connected at all.
again this is typed with iPhone

this hacking has gotten the best of me, today i arrived at work 1hour too early because of hack on my mind :D

Seems like im so close to getting this finished, too bad i really dont know how all the kext edits affect the machine, is it seems so far atleast booting fine into osX with right resolution, ethernet works, front usb 3 ports seems to be dead, rear not yet tested. Will try airplay also tonight. Seems atleast to show my AppleTv in top bar.

here a pic of the status of my workboard:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bso31tjfcsvyyxc/2013-06-11 11.24.16.jpg

Hi Giacomo!First of All many thanks for the exhaustive tutorial you made!!IT's awesome!!

Even if I was able to buid my hack on my own you helped me setting it in the best way,BUT maybe I miss something:

How come when I choose MAc MINI 6,2 system definition the sound of the system has a little lag(aprox 1 sec) and when I choose Mac Pro 3,1 the sound it's perfect synchronized with the pressure of the Vol button?

Can you help me?Excuse me if I miss the part when you face this issue!

I got the some board setted like your recommendation in bios!

Cheers

Did that. Ran Geekbench 32bit, score was 10071
here are som photos of my bios, ive tried to change according to guide and saved. Dont know if the changes are working or applied coreectly.
Seems like there is some problems with bluetooth also, a delay when booted into OsX wich after first the keyboard is connected, if connected at all.
again this is typed with iPhone

this hacking has gotten the best of me, today i arrived at work 1hour too early because of hack on my mind :D

Seems like im so close to getting this finished, too bad i really dont know how all the kext edits affect the machine, is it seems so far atleast booting fine into osX with right resolution, ethernet works, front usb 3 ports seems to be dead, rear not yet tested. Will try airplay also tonight. Seems atleast to show my AppleTv in top bar.

here a pic of the status of my workboard:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bso31tjfcsvyyxc/2013-06-11 11.24.16.jpg
Hey Dyna, here's some infos you can find useful:
- from this screenshot disable Internal CPU PLL Overvoltage (it can jeopardize wake from sleep)
- post your components here (I mean everything, like: what bluetooth are you using? wifi card?) and also update your signature, so anybody can see what your hardware is (useful to avoid wasting time asking hardware specs!;))
- open terminal and copy/paste this line
Code:
cat /var/log/system.log | grep "AICPUPMI:"
to check p-states after running geekbench
- if you have correctly compiled dsdt, usb3 should be working... otherwise, extract clean dsdt, as explained in the guide (boot with DSDT=Null in chimera and extract with MaciASL) and post it here, I'll compile for you, no big deal using PJALM patches!
- dont't post screenshot of something like text stuff, 'cause it's kinda small, even with zoom feature (I'm getting old?!?), you can easily copy it and paste in your posts. As example, do it with your org.chameleon.Boot.plist, so I can check it out.
- which monitor are you using? How is it plugged in?​

Hey Dyna, here's some infos you can find useful:
- from this screenshot disable Internal CPU PLL Overvoltage (it can jeopardize wake from sleep)
- post your components here (I mean everything, like: what bluetooth are you using? wifi card?) and also update your signature, so anybody can see what your hardware is (useful to avoid wasting time asking hardware specs!;))
- open terminal and copy/paste this line
Code:
cat /var/log/system.log | grep "AICPUPMI:"
to check p-states after running geekbench
- if you have correctly compiled dsdt, usb3 should be working... otherwise, extract clean dsdt, as explained in the guide (boot with DSDT=Null in chimera and extract with MaciASL) and post it here, I'll compile for you, no big deal using PJALM patches!
- dont't post screenshot of something like text stuff, 'cause it's kinda small, even with zoom feature (I'm getting old?!?), you can easily copy it and paste in your posts. As example, do it with your org.chameleon.Boot.plist, so I can check it out.
- which monitor are you using? How is it plugged in?​

Thx will get on it, when im home from work today.
im using a Asus PA248 monitor over a dual link Dvi cable.

Hi Giacomo!First of All many thanks for the exhaustive tutorial you made!!IT's awesome!!

Even if I was able to buid my hack on my own you helped me setting it in the best way,BUT maybe I miss something:

How come when I choose MAc MINI 6,2 system definition the sound of the system has a little lag(aprox 1 sec) and when I choose Mac Pro 3,1 the sound it's perfect synchronized with the pressure of the Vol button?

Can you help me?Excuse me if I miss the part when you face this issue!

I got the some board setted like your recommendation in bios!

Cheers
Internal audio or hdmi? Does it behave in this way every time, or just when you do it after a long time while audio isn't used?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back