Contribute
Register

Giacomoleopardo's Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WiFi Build for DB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Giacomoleopardo,

Congratulations! Your build description has been made a Golden Build! :clap::clap: That's an excellent video,too! :clap::clap::clap:

P.S. I have a whole jar of Exclamation Marks (!) for a build description such as yours! Got them on sale at Newegg. (I thought I had another Exclamation Mark around here someplace...)

giacomoleopardo,

Congratulations! Your build description has been made a Golden Build! :clap::clap: That's an excellent video,too! :clap::clap::clap:

P.S. I have a whole jar of Exclamation Marks (!) for a build description such as yours! Got them on sale at Newegg. (I thought I had another Exclamation Mark around here someplace...)
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Hi Già,
I've just ordered the same hardware to build my new Hack. The only difference is the Asrock motherboard that I prefer to gigabyte. I think you could clarify me some things. The first one is if applertc.kext patch is no more needed; You dont mentioned it in your guide.
I've not understand if, when you have a discrete GPU set ad primary in the bios, the integrated hd4000 is working simultaneously.
Can you confirm that bluetooth mouse and keyboard are working in the bios natively?
My 4 years old previous build is based on a p5k-e wifi and 8800gt running ML 10.8.3. The Os is installed on a Samsung 830 128gb SSD and data on separate hd. Only kext used are fakesmc and a patched applehda. You think is possibile swap the SSD to the new build deleting the dsdt and changing org.chameleon.plist and smbios.plist?
Thanks in advance
Ciao Roberto
P.S.
Se non ho capito male sei italiano come me e sarei curioso, se non sono troppo indiscreto, di sapere di dove.

Hi Già,
I've just ordered the same hardware to build my new Hack. The only difference is the Asrock motherboard that I prefer to gigabyte. I think you could clarify me some things. The first one is if applertc.kext patch is no more needed; You dont mentioned it in your guide.
I've not understand if, when you have a discrete GPU set ad primary in the bios, the integrated hd4000 is working simultaneously.
Can you confirm that bluetooth mouse and keyboard are working in the bios natively?
My 4 years old previous build is based on a p5k-e wifi and 8800gt running ML 10.8.3. The Os is installed on a Samsung 830 128gb SSD and data on separate hd. Only kext used are fakesmc and a patched applehda. You think is possibile swap the SSD to the new build deleting the dsdt and changing org.chameleon.plist and smbios.plist?
Thanks in advance
Ciao Roberto
P.S.
Se non ho capito male sei italiano come me e sarei curioso, se non sono troppo indiscreto, di sapere di dove.
Hi Roberto, wich ASRock did you buy? Maybe you could find something more useful about it in my Silent Build guide
Applertc.kext patch isn't needed since I didn't have CMOS reset issues on sleep so far.
For discrete and onboard graphics working together, toleda made a simple guide to enable them: check it out then, if you have troubles post them there, he'll help you to make it properly working.
For bluetooth working in Bios, it doesn't depend by the mobo or bios version, but by the bluetooth dongle. Belkin F8T016 does. I know, it's 2.1, but it's not a big deal to me, no need 3 or 4.0 BT.
About your ssd... I guess it's possible (never tried that) but could be more tricky than expected: I mean, if you are positive about those only two modified kext, then yes, pay attention to Fakesmc.kext, if it's not the right one you'll need to boot from Unibeast flash drive to reach desktop... patched hda won't be a problem for system itself, just for audio (MultiBeast is your friend!).
Anyway, post your progress, I'll try to help with my little knowledge! :thumbup:

Hi Giacomo,
Thanks for your quick replay. The Asrock MB is the Z77e-itx you used in your silent build. Glad to know thats AppleRTC patch is no more needed and thanks to point me to the Toleda guide. I've have in mind the various steps to mantain my previous build and I think it is possible too. But if I have the knowledge to (probably) solve the software side of a hackintosh, I can not say the same thing for the hardware because it is the first time I build a Pc ( for example: how did you connect the two chassis fan of the prodigy uf there is only one connector on the motherboard). But I'll let you know
Another time thanks for your superb guides.
Ciao
Roberto

how did you connect the two chassis fan of the prodigy uf there is only one connector on the motherboard
That's a very clever question! Ah ah!
Well, I used Y cable provided with Noctua cooler, and in Noctua I used only one fan, since I didn't had another Y cable at that time, and I removed upper HDD support, so the internal airflow was significantly improved (cooling with just one fan at this condition was totally enough!).
Don't forget to post progress, just out of curiosity!
Ciao
G.

Mmmhhh. Time to search a Y cable.:)))
The Noctua was my first choice for CPU cooler before to realize that is not compatible with the Z77e-itx and that is a pain in the ass finding the right one. Some are blocking the PCIe slot, some interfere with the ram and others have issue with the backplate. Finally I have found the xigmatek praeton LD964, not so powerful, but always better than the stock Fan (and I don't need overclocking). I forgot to mention I don't like watercooling.
Now I begin to study Plistedit :)))
Ciao
Roberto

Mmmhhh. Time to search a Y cable.:)))
The Noctua was my first choice for CPU cooler before to realize that is not compatible with the Z77e-itx and that is a pain in the ass finding the right one. Some are blocking the PCIe slot, some interfere with the ram and others have issue with the backplate
Why would you say so? I've never had troubles installing a Noctua cooler, neither with PCIExpress nor with ram slots or backplate. Of course you can't install Vengeance high profile, but with Low Profile ones there are about 3-4 mm between ram and Noctua fan or even more moving the fan. Take a look at this one. Furthermore it is possible use Corsair Dominator as well, but you should remove the top heatsink as explained here. I must say: maybe they're not the most adaptive coolers on the market, but they sure are very good in performance and silent as well! Perhaps they worth a little fitting troubleshooting. My very personal opinion, of course ;)

You can control at noctua.at, every product have a compatibility list and no one is compatible with the asrock z77e-itx. If you have a better solution than the Sigmatek praeton can you please point me to that one?
Grazie
Roberto

P.S.
The two Fan you suggest, both are not compatible because "Components at the back prevent installation of the backplate".

You're totally right! I didn't notice that was so hard finding a cpu cooler for ASRock Z77E! Well, googleing around a bit I found many guys choosing Corsair H60 or H80, that's not bad, I know you don't like liquid cooling, but as a matter of fact it fits, with no issues for backplate and graphic card. I would think about it. Did you have bad experience with liquid cooling, by any chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back