Contribute
Register

Giacomoleopardo Silent MacMini 6,2 | Step by step guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Giacomoleopardo, I am hoping you can help with an issue I am having. I have followed you excellent guide on install and setting things up on Mavericks. Everything seems to work great apart from one this and that is Wake on Lan.

The system will go to sleep fine but when I try to Wake on Lan the system seems to wake up but the screen remains blank. After 30s or so it goes back to sleep. It never seems to wake properly.

Is this something you have seen before?

Hi Giacomoleopardo, thanks for all your guides, can you help me how to install clover or do a guide for this board?

Thanks
Unfortunately I don't have time to do a proper guide, actually I no longer have this board, but you can find useful infos on my Zotac clover guide or on tony's guide here.

Hi Giacomoleopardo, I am hoping you can help with an issue I am having. I have followed you excellent guide on install and setting things up on Mavericks. Everything seems to work great apart from one this and that is Wake on Lan.

The system will go to sleep fine but when I try to Wake on Lan the system seems to wake up but the screen remains blank. After 30s or so it goes back to sleep. It never seems to wake properly.

Is this something you have seen before?
I didn't use wol, and I definitely am not a wol expert. Furthermore, as I said up here, I sold the board, so can't really help, here.

Unfortunately I don't have time to do a proper guide, actually I no longer have this board, but you can find useful infos on my Zotac clover guide or on tony's guide here.

I didn't use wol, and I definitely am not a wol expert. Furthermore, as I said up here, I sold the board, so can't really help, here.

On my Zotac Z77-ITX build I'm trying WOL. It works, but as a matter of fact, the screen doesn't seem to wake up, unless I touch the keyboard or the mouse. I assume it could be related to an OSX issue and not to the board itself, since kevsmith4 has the same behavior on ASRock Z77E. Furthermore, on Windows 8.1 it works nicely, the screen wakes up as well as the machine and it works even from a shut down (from Windows, of course, not OSX). Any tip would be really appreciated

On my Zotac Z77-ITX build I'm trying WOL. It works, but as a matter of fact, the screen doesn't seem to wake up, unless I touch the keyboard or the mouse. I assume it could be related to an OSX issue and not to the board itself, since kevsmith4 has the same behavior on ASRock Z77E. Furthermore, on Windows 8.1 it works nicely, the screen wakes up as well as the machine and it works even from a shut down (from Windows, of course, not OSX). Any tip would be really appreciated

Hi Giacomoleopardo

I did manage to get the WOL functioning properly on the AsRock Z77E by adding the Darkwake flag to the boot.plist. I am not near my Hackintosh at the minute but I think I used Darkwake=8. I ran though them all until I came across one that seemed worked. Probably worth giving this a go if you have not tried it already.

Hi Giacomoleopardo

I did manage to get the WOL functioning properly on the AsRock Z77E by adding the Darkwake flag to the boot.plist. I am not near my Hackintosh at the minute but I think I used Darkwake=8. I ran though them all until I came across one that seemed worked. Probably worth giving this a go if you have not tried it already.

Thanks kevsmith4! Reporting WOL perfectly functioning.
In org.chameleon.Boot.plist
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>DropSSDT</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Graphics Mode</key>
	<string>1920x1080x32</string>
	<key>IGPEnabler</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Kernel</key>
	<string>mach_kernel</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>dart=0 darkwake=8</string>
	<key>Legacy Logo</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Timeout</key>
	<string>2</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Or in config.plist for Clover
101668-darkwake-8-arrow.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Giacomo and all asrock's owners!

In the attempt to install Yosemite on my system i had some problems:

-firstly was mach_kernel error, while loading from usb, solved by added string on org.chameleon.boot

<key>Kernel</key>

-then i got another one...It doesn't install at all!
With or without flags.

with flag: it stopped at IOBluetooth error
without flag: while loading at 30% of the bar...it won't go on...

Rechecked all BIOS configuration and tried with:
-VT-x Enabled/Disabled

Bios version is the same as the one used in this guide...

I'm trying right now without any luck...:(

Does anyone who tried install Yosemite could be helpful?

Thanx in advance...

Hi Giacomo and all asrock's owners!

In the attempt to install Yosemite on my system i had some problems:

-firstly was mach_kernel error, while loading from usb, solved by added string on org.chameleon.boot

<key>Kernel</key>

-then i got another one...It doesn't install at all!
With or without flags.

with flag: it stopped at IOBluetooth error
without flag: while loading at 30% of the bar...it won't go on...

Rechecked all BIOS configuration and tried with:
-VT-x Enabled/Disabled

Bios version is the same as the one used in this guide...

I'm trying right now without any luck...:(

Does anyone who tried install Yosemite could be helpful?

Thanx in advance...

You can find some hints here.

Hi GiacomoLeopardo! Good job with your builds! I was wondering if you've recently created a fanless silent build with an Intel Skylake CPU!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back