Contribute
Register

Giacomoleopardo Silent MacMini 6,2 | Step by step guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying right now, but the Apply button of MaciASL is greyed out!

Attachments

• ioreg gl.zip
    449.6 KB · Views: 90
Ciao Giacomo
I think that since I have Z77E-ITX is best if I place here my posts. Two days ago I finished placing the last things including the powermanagement of the GTX 650Ti, which is quite easy following your instructions. Yesterday I saw the news about the new PJALM's patches for Asrock and of course I wanted to try it. The new DSDT is working but makes Geekbench crash. The only thing I tried to do was to uninstall GenericUSBXHCI and xhcdump since the patch also installed the multiplex but He did not solve the problem. I only wanted let you know and ,of course, it is always possible that I'm doing some mistake. I attach my DSDT too.
Have a good day.
Roberto

Attachments

• DSDTRoberto.zip
    29.2 KB · Views: 101
Ciao Giacomo
I think that since I have Z77E-ITX is best if I place here my posts. Two days ago I finished placing the last things including the powermanagement of the GTX 650Ti, which is quite easy following your instructions. Yesterday I saw the news about the new PJALM's patches for Asrock and of course I wanted to try it. The new DSDT is working but makes Geekbench crash. The only thing I tried to do was to uninstall GenericUSBXHCI and xhcdump since the patch also installed the multiplex but He did not solve the problem. I only wanted let you know and ,of course, it is always possible that I'm doing some mistake. I attach my DSDT too.
Have a good day.
Roberto
Roberto honestly I have no idea why this happens. Can you provide a clean dsdt?

With MaciAsl set as ACPI 5.0 can not save the DSDT as AML, only as DSL, due to compilation errors. I can do it only with ACPI 4.0, for which I enclose both files. "Clean DSDT.dsl" (ACPI 5.0) and "Clean DSDT.aml" (ACPI 4.0). If it can be useful I can post ioreg or/and iojones file too. Let me know if you can save a aml dsdt with acpi 5.0.
Ciao

Attachments

• Clean DSDT.zip
    42.5 KB · Views: 89
I was looking at the guide "ASRock DSDT Patch Repository" of PJALM and I noticed that he says to save the Clean DSDT as dsl. Maybe it has to do with ACPI 5.0

With MaciAsl set as ACPI 5.0 can not save the DSDT as AML, only as DSL, due to compilation errors. I can do it only with ACPI 4.0, for which I enclose both files. "Clean DSDT.dsl" (ACPI 5.0) and "Clean DSDT.aml" (ACPI 4.0). If it can be useful I can post ioreg or/and iojones file too. Let me know if you can save a aml dsdt with acpi 5.0.
Ciao
Wrong way. Boot with DSDT=Null in chimera, (or DSDT=Null -x if you have troubles to reach desktop) then open MaciASL which automatically will open a clean dsdt. Then save it without patch nor compile, just as it is. Name it clean dsdt.aml (add extension manually) and File Format ---> ACPI Machine Language Binary

I have always done exactly as you said, but if I configure Maciasl according to the new guide (MaciASL / Preferences / iasl / Compiler option / ACPI 5.0) I can not save the file as AML. Only if I configure iasl as 4.0 I can do it. I attach an additional CleanDSDT and error screens.
Thanks for your patience.
Roberto

Attachments

• Schermata 2013-06-01 alle 07.42.09.jpg
    Schermata 2013-06-01 alle 07.42.09.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 137
  • Schermata 2013-06-01 alle 07.42.43.png
    Schermata 2013-06-01 alle 07.42.43.png
    74.9 KB · Views: 127
  • CleanDSDT.aml.zip
    14.1 KB · Views: 93
I have always done exactly as you said, but if I configure Maciasl according to the new guide (MaciASL / Preferences / iasl / Compiler option / ACPI 5.0) I can not save the file as AML. Only if I configure iasl as 4.0 I can do it. I attach an additional CleanDSDT and error screens.
Thanks for your patience.
Roberto
Roberto, here's your compiled dsdt.aml. Unzip it, place it on desktop and run MultiBeast as this picture (you have nVidia GTX 650 Ti, right?)
57699-multibeast-discrete-gfx.jpg

If you have a monitor with different resolution, then after that go to /Extra folder and open org.chameleon.Boot.plist with text edit to change this
Code:
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1080x32</string>
into your display res (leave x32 as it is). The go ahead with the guide.
That should be work fine! Actually I don't know why your MaciASL gives problem...maybe you could report this to PJALM or SJ_UnderWater in chat, or double check your procedure (I know you probably already did, do triple check!)

Attachments

• dsdt.aml.zip
    14.7 KB · Views: 114
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back