Contribute
Register

Giacomoleopardo Silent MacMini 6,2 | Step by step guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Crystal, I'm glad you solved! Yes, you have to remove CalDigitFastIO.kext and CalDigitUSBxHCI.kext. A clean and safe way to do that would be
  • remove them
  • repair permission
  • rebuild cache
  • reboot
  • run multibeast with "USB 3.0 - Universal" flag
  • repair permission
  • rebuild cache
  • reboot
Cheers!
g.

Hi Gio,

n1 to know. So how you repair permissions and rebuild cache? Do you use Disk Utility?

Regards!

Two days ago i bought a secondhand ATEN Masterview CS 1782 (really cheap) :) I can strongly recommend it....And sleep works without any problem.
View attachment 54193
Good to know. I'll look into the ATEN KVM switch. Thanks for the recommendation.:thumbup:

So I was using the GenericUSB kext from the new multibeast and didn't like it. My USB devices would take a long time to work after waking from sleep. It would take my mac bluetooth keyboard 1-2 minutes to start working, same thing with my secondary keyboard. My mouse was fine.

I removed the GenericUSB kext and everything came back to normal.

Well, that's a bit strange, since we have the same motherboard. Testing Generic kext gave me pretty much the same result of Multiplex patch, the only thing that goes better is ASMedia hub recognized as SuperSpeed @ 5Gb/sec (with Multiplex was SuperSpeed @480 Mb/sec). But surely it was not worse than Multiplex.:crazy:

Hi Gio,

n1 to know. So how you repair permissions and rebuild cache? Do you use Disk Utility?

Regards!
Sorry for the late answer, I've missed your post.
I use Disk Utility to repair permission and Kext Wizard to rebuild cache. Kext Utility also does the job.
Cheers!
G.

Hi
Acording your USB3 test.
Does your USB3 HD go to sleep after a while when inactive using that GenericUSBXHCI.kext ?

If my comp (not using that kext) goes to sleep before my USB3 HD does it´s reacting
immediately after wake.
But if the HD's sleeping then it has to wakeup (5 sec.) after comp wake.

(the HD icon is not disappearing after wake)

And if you connect your USB3 HD before you power up the comp is the hd recognized or do you have to dis/reconnect ?

Hi
Acording your USB3 test.
Does your USB3 HD go to sleep after a while when inactive using that GenericUSBXHCI.kext ?

If my comp (not using that kext) goes to sleep before my USB3 HD does it´s reacting
immediately after wake.
But if the HD's sleeping then it has to wakeup (5 sec.) after comp wake.

(the HD icon is not disappearing after wake)

And if you connect your USB3 HD before you power up the comp is the hd recognized or do you have to dis/reconnect ?

My tests are based on wake hdd. To answer to your question I have to test when hdd is in low rpm mode.

arehep, I left my hack in sleep for three hours with hdd 3.0 connected. It seems not to be sleeping though (still spinning). as a matter of fact wake up went well without any disconnection.
This is the only external HDD I have, so I can't test with sleeping external hdd.
Please post results if you find something, the more info we gather, the more performing will be our hacks!
Cheers
G.

A little note: pluggin any device (2.0 or 3.0) into Intel controller USB (3.0 or 2.0) doesn't give me issues.
Pluggin any device (2.0 or 3.0) into ASMedia controller USB gives me disconnection and auto connection after sleep. This happens with both Multiplex dsdt patch or GenericUSBXHCI USB 3.0 kext (tested with MultiBeast Universal - Zenith432 release #1.1.4 and also the last release #1.1.5 from Zenith432)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back