Contribute
Register

Giacomoleopardo Build - ZOTAC Z77-ITX WiFi - Core i7-3770T - on Mavericks 10.9.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Prime Z690M-Plus D4
CPU
i7-12700KF
Graphics
RX 6600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Welcome to the Chameleon installation guide, based on Mavericks OS 10.9.5 with Chameleon bootloader
Updated Guide for Yosemite with Clover method available here

54596-streacom.jpg

Components

Intel® Core™ i7-3770T Processor 8M Cache, up to 3.70 GHz
[AMAZON-uk]http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B008ACVF9A/[/AMAZON-uk]

Zotac Z77 ITX WiFi
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0089OJHBW/

Corsair Vengeance LP Blue 16 GB (2x8 GB) DDR3 1600MHz
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009M0TCHQ/

SAMSUNG 830 Series 2.5-Inch 256GB
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0077CR66A/

Crucial m4 256GB mSATA Internal Solid State Drive
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0085J17UA/

Seagate ST2000DM001 Barracuda 7200RPM 2 TB SATA 6 GB/s
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005T3GRN2/

Gelid Slim Silence I-Plus CPU Cooler
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0058W3IUO/

Streacom F7C EVO Chassis
[AMAZON-uk]http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00958DA5K/[/AMAZON-uk]

PicoPSU-160-XT High Power 24 Pin Mini-ITX Power Supply
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005TWE6B8/

192w AC-DC Power Adapter, 12v 16A
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00905I1TI/

Sony Optiarc Blu Ray Slim RW BD5850H
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827118072

Belkin F8T016 Mini Bluetooth Adapter
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001E96JBK/

Noctua NF-R8 PWM Cooling Fan
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006GD30UC/

Apple Wireless Keyboard
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005DLDO4U/

Apple Magic Mouse
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002TLTGM6/

Apple Infrared Remote Control
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002TPFNXS/

MacBook Pro Infrared board
http://www.powerbookmedic.com/MacBook-Pro-Infrared-board-p-18041.html

OSX Mavericks
http://www.apple.com/osx/

Comments

This machine was assembled for HTPC use and audio editing, but I ended up to use it for my daily stuff. No need powerful graphic card, HD 4000 is totally enough to me.
This board is really amazing, it has all the stuff I need, except:
- MiniDisplay Port: it doesn't support 27" Apple Cinema Display (non thunderbolt).
- DVI port: not there!​

Beside that, everything is working fine:
- Full native Ivy Bridge Power Management with custom SSDT
- Auto and manual sleep
- HDMI audio (all video ports)
- WiFi on board (Atheros AR9285, DSDT editing required - onboard AR3001 Bluetooth partially working, not recommended)
- Both Ethernet ports fully functional
- Belkin 2.0 Bluetooth dongle (either in usb 2.0 and 3.0) Working in BIOS and Chameleon bootloader
- Wake on LAN​

I've tried to make this guide as simple and detailed as possible. Please feel free to make it better with tips and tricks I've missed.
If you're interested in more details, or if you need Mountain Lion rather than Mavericks, please check my original guide, Giacomoleopardo Build - ZOTAC Z77-ITX WiFi - Core i7-3770T - MacMini 6,2

Installation

Tools:
- Latest Zotac bios
- UniBeast for Mavericks and MultiBeast for Mavericks
- MaciASL Open Beta for editing .aml files. By SJ_UnderWater
- KextBeast
- IOJones registry explorer. By SJ_UnderWater
- DPCIManager 1.5 Open Beta. By SJ_UnderWater
- Chameleon Wizard (registration required)
- Cache Rebuilder command (see attachments)
- Trim Enabler. By Groths
- Mavericks install App from AppStore (free if you already have a Snow Leopard 10.6.8 (or newer) Mac or Hack
- A working Mac or Hackintosh machine​

Step 1 - Update Bios
- I flashed BIOS using Zotac Windows utility with new Zotac BIOS release. Of course I installed Windows 8 to do that. I guess it's possible to flash bios from dos as well, but since I never did that, I can't help about it. Thanks to CodeRush whom worked with Zotac developers, the unlocking process of bios is no longer needed! The latest bios has unlocked MSR 0xE2 module which gives us the opportunity to have native Ivy Bridge Power Management and everything is working as expected on OSX! Here's what I did:
  • Booted the system into Windows
  • downloaded new Zotac bios
  • flashed BIOS following Zotac instructions (put the content of the unzipped folder into a new folder C:BIOS, then run the update command)
  • loaded optimized default and set bios as stated in Step 2

Step 2 - Bios configuration
- Boot pc
- Press Del key to gain bios settings
- Press F9 to load Optimized Defaults
- Leave Main section by default
- X-Settings main window​

115054-bios-1.jpg

- X-Settings/CPU Configuration - Core Ratio Limits as default​

115055-bios-2.jpg

- X-Settings/CPU Configuration - Core Ratio Limits modified ---> see SSDT script in post #4\UPDATE 3 on the original install guide​

115056-bios-2a.jpg

- X-Settings/Gpu Boost: leave default
- X-Settings/Memory Configuration: Load XMP-Profile 1 if supported by your RAM
- Advanced/onBoard Device​

115056-bios-2a.jpg

- Advanced/onBoard Device/Serial Port 0 Configuration​

115058-bios-4.jpg

- Advanced/Storage Configuration​

115059-bios-5.jpg

- Advanced/Cpu Configuration​

115060-bios-6.jpg

- Advanced/USB Configuration​

115061-bios-7.jpg

- Advanced/Display Configuration ----> Note: this config is for HD4000 integrated graphics, for discrete graphics set Primary Display [PEG]​

115062-bios-8.jpg

- PcHealt: leave default
- PowerManage​

115063-bios-9.jpg

- Boot: set this section at your convenience. With Chameleon, choose Legacy Only, in Boot uEFI OS Selection​

115064-bios-10-cham.JPG

- Press F10 key to Save and Reboot​

Step 3 - Mavericks Installation
- Install Mavericks with UniBeast method as explained in Tonymac's guide. Note: at step #4/2 press F8 to choose boot device, and at step 4/4 you'll probably have to type -x and dart=0 before hitting enter, otherwise you won't reach installation screen. Take your time, install process will take 15-20 minutes.
- Reboot from Unibeast and at Chimera screen choose your new OSX installed partition (still typing -x dart=0, if necessary)
- Now it's time to edit DSDT​

Thanks to the massive work of forum moderator PJALM, and forum moderator SJ_UnderWater, now just two patches are necessary to make this board fully functional. Simply follow these steps.
- Download MaciASL from here, unzip it and open it. It automatically will open a "native" DSDT. It's important to know that these patches can be applied just one time, so if you want to re-patch dsdt you'll have to start from a native dsdt again. So my advice is: save a backup copy of this file just in case you need to re-patch it. To do that just go to MaciASL menu bar click on File/Save as, choose the directory where you want to keep your backup native dsdt, select Disassembled ASL file as File Format and name it "native dsdt.dsl" (add extension manually).
- in Menu bar open MaciASL\Preferences and select Sources in Preferences window
- set iASL as ACPI 5.0 as in the following picture
57590-maciasl-1.png
- select Sources icon, click on "+" to add Name and URL of the patches that you need: in my case they are

- Close completely MaciASL and re-open it: again a native DSDT will appear as before, click on Patch command: now in the left side of the Patch window you should see all the patches we've just added like this
58363-zotac-dsdt-patches.png
- select in Zotac Z77-ITX but before applying, remember to delete the Atheros part from the patch itself (in the right window of MaciASL) I mean this part
Code:
# Fix the Atheros AR9285 WiFi and rename it to ARPT
into device label PXSX parent_label RP01 set_label begin ARPT end;
into method label HPME parent_label RP01 code_regex (Notify\s\()PXSX(,\s0x02\)) replace_matched begin %1ARPT%2 end;
into device label ARPT parent_label RP01 replace_content begin
Name (_ADR, Zero)\n
Name (_PRW, Package (0x02) {0x09,0x04})\n
Name (_SUN, One)\n
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)\n
{\n
	Store (Package (0x10) {\n
		"AAPL,slot-name", "AirPort",\n
		"name", "Wireless Network Adapter",\n
		"model", Buffer () {"Atheros AR9285 802.11 a/b/g/n Wireless Network Adapter"},\n
		"device_type", Buffer (0x07) {"AirPort"},\n
		"device-id", Unicode ("0"),\n
		"subsystem-id", Buffer (0x04) {0x8F,0x00,0x00,0x00},\n
		"subsystem-vendor-id", Buffer (0x04) {0x6B,0x10,0x00,0x00},\n
		"built-in", Buffer (One) {0x01}\n
	}, Local0)\n
	DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))\n
	Return (Local0)\n
}
end;
That's the Atheros AR9285 WiFi card, which is not natively supported by osx. This patch was working in Mountain Lion 10.8.5, but is no longer working. So we need to apply PJALM AIO Patch without the Atheros part, then use toleda's Atheros patch (modified) as following:
- After removing Atheros part from PJALM AIO, click on Apply, then Close. Now click on Compile command: no Errors, Warnings nor Remarks should appear, but some Warnings may stay: they won't affect your installation; the mandatory thing is NOT TO HAVE ERRORS when compiling a DSDT! Go on
- Re-open patch windows and under PJALM Graphics select
  • Generic Discrete Graphics (AMD/nVidia) to enable HDMI Audio if you have a discrete graphic card or
  • Intel HD4000 to enable HDMI Audio if you have ONLY Intel HD 4000 onboard graphic)
- Apply your right patch and check compile: still you should have 0 Errors, X Warnings, X Remarks, XX Optimizations.
- select toleda's patch for Atheros AR9x8x in MaciASL but before applying it, remember to change RP07 into RP01. That would be from this
Code:
# Maintained by: toleda for: github.com/toleda/wifi_ar9380-ar928x
# File: arpt1-ar928x-ar9380_v2.txt
# Credit: MasterChef, PikeRAlpha, THeKiNG
#
# Atheros AR9380/AR9280/AR9285/AR9287 WiFi dsdt edits  
# Verify IOReg/pci168c device @1C,6/RP07 otherwise, edit patch file:
# Find: RP07
# Replace All: name (name = IOReg/pci168c device name, RP01, BR01, PEX1, etc.)
#
# If no PXSX, manually add Device (ARPT) after Name (_ADR, 0x001C000x) to dsdt and 
# edit patch file:
# Find: PXSX
# Replace All: ARPT
# dsdt edit looks like:
#            Device (name)
#            {
#                Name (_ADR, 0x001C000x)
#                Device (ARPT)
#
# 1.  Insert device ARPT dsdt injection
into device Label PXSX parent_label [B][SIZE=4]RP07[/SIZE][/B] replace_content  begin
Name (_ADR, Zero)\n
Name (_SUN, One)\n
    {\n
	    If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero)) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 } ) }\n
	    Return (Package()\n
               {\n
		 "AAPL,slot-name","AirPort",\n
		 "built-in", Buffer () {0x00},\n
		 "device-type","AirPort",\n
		 "model","Atheros AR9x8x 802.11 a/b/g/n Wireless Network Controller",\n
		"name", "AirPort Extreme",\n
		 "compatible","pci168c,30"\n
	    })\n
    }\n
end;
into definitionblock code_regex . insert
begin Store ("arpt1-ar928x-ar9380_v2 dsdt edits, github.com/toleda", Debug) end
into this
Code:
#
#
# If no PXSX, manually add Device (ARPT) after Name (_ADR, 0x001C000x) to dsdt and 
# edit patch file:
# dsdt edit looks like:
#            {
#
into device Label PXSX parent_label [SIZE=4][B]RP01[/B][/SIZE] replace_content  begin
Name (_ADR, Zero)\n
Name (_SUN, One)\n
    {\n
	    Return (Package()\n
               {\n
	    })\n
    }\n
end;
- Apply and Compile as usual (0 Errors).
- Go to MaciASL menu bar click on File/Save as, choose desktop as directory, select ACPI Machine Language Binary as File Format and name it "dsdt.aml" (add extension manually).
In post #1 of the original Mountain Lion guide you can find the red steps I made to patch dsdt manually (before PJALM All In One patches). I left them in the thread 'cause they're still valuable infos for more than somebody.

MultiBeast configuration​

- Download and run the latest MultiBeast for Mavericks. Choose the options as stated down here
82412-multibeast-10-9-1.png
As you can notice, I didn't choose any Audio kext over here. That's why there's a way to enable full Audio with a new method discovered by PikeRAlpha. We'll deal with that at the end of this post

UPDATE #3
I've removed Lnx2Mac's Realtek kext from MultiBeast options. It seems to give some issues (Network not connected when hot plugging the ethernet cable, connected only after rebooting). I tried Mieze's RealtekRTL8111 v. 1.1.3 kext with full success. So download it from here, put it on desktop and run KextBeast.
END UPDATE #3

- Open Chameleon Wizard, update it, if it asks, and set it like this
79822-a.png
- Select the option according to your hardware configuration and click on Install button to Install Chameleon Bootloader. Then jump to org.chameleon.Boot icon and set like this (set Graphics Mode values according to your monitor's resolution)
79823-cham-2-zotac-mav.jpg
- Select SMBios icon, click on Edit button and set it like this
79820-cham-3-zotac-mav.png
- Save the SMBios config and select Modules icon (this step is required in order to avoid iMessage, FaceTime login issues). Set like this and click on Install (or Update, anyway: the down right command).
79819-cham-4-zotac-mav.png
- Finally your org.chameleon.Boot.plist should be pretty much like this
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>DropSSDT</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Graphics Mode</key>
	<string>1920x1080x32</string>
	<key>IGPEnabler</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Kernel</key>
	<string>mach_kernel</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>dart=0</string>
	<key>Legacy Logo</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Timeout</key>
	<string>2</string>
</dict>
</plist>

- Then add manually (with Text edit) darkwake=8 in
Code:
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>dart=0 darkwake=8</string>
to enable the display when using Wake on Lan function (thanks to kevsmith4)​

Power Management Configuration​

Time to load Ivy Bridge Power Management.

A great thread where I learn a lot of stuff about Power Management (PM) is this, if you want to learn, give it a shot!
AppleGraphicsPowerManagement no longer needs optimization! If you want to learn more about that take a look at here.
Now we need to get CPU PM (generating SSDT.aml).
- Download SSDT generation script from here (attached in post n. 1 of that thread) and unzip it
- In Download Folder click just one time on unzipped ssdtPRGen and you'll see ssdtPRGen.command and ssdtPRGen.sh (alias) in your User Folder.
- Click another time on the unzipped ssdtPRGen and a Terminal window will appear asking for your password. Type it (even if you don't see anything actually typing) and press Enter. You should see something like this
79825-ssdt-gen-script-mav.png
then press y and in your /Extra folder you'll find a file named ssdt_pr.aml. Simply rename it ssdt.aml to get power management for your cpu.
- Open Disk Utility from Application\Utility, select your Mavericks partition and repair permission
- Open Kext Wizard, select your Mavericks partition and re-build cache.
- Reboot
- Open DPCIManager click on P States icon, type your password like this
79829-pstates1.png
then a window showing your cpu speedsteps will appear
79830-pstates2.png
That numbers are the speed steps your cpu is achieving. Power Management is working!
- Now you have to check the right mappature of physical connectors: probably they will be wrong, so you'll need to edit hex codes of AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelFramebufferCapri
- Open IOJones, type display0 in search field (up right corner), select display0 in the left main window and delete display0 in the search field. Scroll up the left side of the window to see where actually your monitor is plugged in. This board has three port: two hdmi (port 0x05 AppleIntelFramebuffer@0, and port 0x06 AppleIntelFramebuffer@1) and a Mini DisplayPort (port 0x07 AppleIntelFramebuffer@2).
native capri.jpg
As you can see in the picture above, my display is plugged in the first hdmi port 0x6 near the Ethernet port (port-number 0x6 at the bottom of the right window) showing display0 in AppleIntelFramebuffer@1. Click on that and in the right side of the window check these values
av-signal-type
connector-type
For both HDMI ports correct values are
av-signal-type ----->08 00 00 00
connector-type ---->00 08 00 00
Instead of that, native mappature of AppleIntelFrameBufferCapri shows
av-signal-type ----->02 00 00 00
connector-type ---->00 04 00 00
Of course to check the second hdmi port you have to plug your monitor in it and look for AppleIntelFramebuffer@0 and for Mini DisplayPort find AppleIntelFramebuffer@2
For MiniDisplayPort correct values are

To insert the correct values proceed as following:

Thanks to Forum Moderator SJ_UnderWater, who made this, attached to this post you'll find zotacz77hd4k.zip Mavericks, a hex binary patcher based on SJ's open source Patcho, that automatically turn the wrong hex values of AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext into the right ones. It uses a self-elevating process, that means no need for terminal nor sudo typing. Simply do the next steps:
- Download zotacz77hd4k Mavericks.zip from attached files down here
- Unzip zotacz77hd4k Mavericks.zip
- Double click to unzipped zotacz77hd4k (exec dark grey icon)
- Type your password, press Enter...done!
Something like this
79828-script-capri-mav.png
- Repair Permissions with Disk Utility and rebuild cache with Kext Wizard
- Reboot
Note 1: If Gatekeeper is on you won't be able to double-click, just right-click and choose Open.
Note 2: Save somewhere your edited AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext in case of System Update, it could be useful to avoid editing it again!
- Open IOJones and check connectors av-signal-type and connector-type as explained above. Now your values should be correct. Like this
remapped capri.jpg
If you want to do it manually, in post #4 of the original Mountain Lion guide check the red colored steps​

As promised, now we have to take care about Audio.
Until now, each one of us had to patch AppleHDA.kext (if you have dsdt edits) or get HDAEnabler (without edited dsdt), and every system update we had to repatch it.
Now it's time to try a new method. Thanks to PikeRAlpha whom discovered it, and to the great support of Forum Moderator Toleda, here's a "New style of AppleHDA.kext patching".
- Find the audio controller of your motherboard (in this case Realtek ALC892)
- Download AppleHDA8Series.sh from Pike's Git-Hub repo (on the right column of the linked page click on Download ZIP)
- In your download folder you'll find now a folder named AppleHDA8Series.sh-master, open and copy AppleHDA8Series.sh on your desktop (step not necessary, you can leave there, just at your convenience)
- Open a Terminal window, drag and drop AppleHDA8Series.sh into it and, if you are using Chameleon or Chimera bootloader, add
Code:
-b AppleHDA -b AppleHDAController
the result will be something like this (of course the path will change if you have AppleHDA8Series.sh in any other folder than desktop)
Code:
Mac-mini-di-giac:~ giac$ /Users/giac/Desktop/AppleHDA8Series.sh -b AppleHDA -b AppleHDAController
- Press Enter and you'll find this text
Code:
This script must be run as root!

WARNING: Improper use of the sudo command could lead to data loss
or the deletion of important system files. Please double-check your
typing when using sudo. Type "man sudo" for more information.

To proceed, enter your password, or type Ctrl-C to abort.

Password:
of course type your password (even if you don't see anything typing) and press Enter again
- Next step you'll see
Code:
AppleHDA8Series.sh v2.2 Copyright (c) 2013-2014 by Pike R. Alpha
                    patched XML files by Toleda and contributors
----------------------------------------------------------------
The supported Realtek ALC codecs for AppleHDA8Series.sh are:

[1] Realtek ALC  885 (0x10EC0885 / 283904133)
    [2] Realtek ALC  887 (0x10EC0887 / 283904135)
    [3] Realtek ALC  888 (0x10EC0888 / 283904136)
    [4] Realtek ALC  889 (0x10EC0889 / 283904137)
    [5] Realtek ALC  892 (0x10EC0892 / 283904146)
    [6] Realtek ALC  898 (0x10EC0899 / 283904153)
    [7] Realtek ALC 1150 (0x10EC0900 / 283904256)

Please choose the desired codec for the hardware: [B]5[/B]
Choose the right controller for your motherboard (mine is 5, ALC 892) and press Enter
- Then the script will ask you
Code:
Do you want to use [3] as the layout-id (y/n)? y
I have only HD4000 so I typed y (for yes) and Enter, if you have a discrete card supporting HDMI Audio, type n (for no), Enter, and choose the option 1 (not tested, but I guess it will work) ---> For more info about layout id, see toleda's threads here and here
- The next step asks you to choose the Info.plist. According to Pike's instruction choose 4 and Enter
Code:
Warning: 'MaximumBootBeepVolume' property NOT found (will show a Sound assertion in: system.log)
Looking in /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext for the ConfigData
Looking in /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext for the ConfigData
Error: ConfigData NOT found!
Downloading https://raw.github.com/toleda/audio_ALC892/master/892.zip ...
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
100 18162  100 18162    0     0  18485      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 18476

Unzipping Archive:  /tmp/ALC892.zip
   creating: /tmp/892/
  inflating: /tmp/892/Info-84.plist  
  inflating: /tmp/892/Info-85.plist  
  inflating: /tmp/892/Info-90.plist  
  inflating: /tmp/892/Info-91.plist  
 extracting: /tmp/892/layout1.xml.zlib  
 extracting: /tmp/892/layout2.xml.zlib  
 extracting: /tmp/892/layout3.xml.zlib  
  inflating: /tmp/892/Platforms.xml.zlib  

The available Info.plist files for the ALC 892 are:

[1] /tmp/892/Info-84.plist
[2] /tmp/892/Info-85.plist
[3] /tmp/892/Info-90.plist
[4] /tmp/892/Info-91.plist

Please choose the matching Info.plist (1/4) [B]4[/B]
- Last step, after this message
Code:
Looking in: /tmp/892/Info-91.plist for the ConfigData
ConfigData for Realtek ALC 892 found!
------------------------------------------------------------
IUccECFHHUAhRx4RIUcfkCFXHCAhVx0QIVceASFXHwEhZxzwIWcdACFnHgAhZx9AIXcc8CF3HQAhdx4AIXcfQCGHHEAhhx2QIYceoCGHH5AhlxxgIZcdkCGXHoEhlx8CIaccUCGnHTAhpx6BIacfASG3HHAhtx1AIbceISG3HwIh5xyQIecdYSHnHksh5x8BIfcc8CH3HQAh9x4AIfcfQCEXHPAhFx0AIRceACEXH0A=
Creating AppleHDA892.kext in: /Users/giac
Copying AppleHDA ...
Bin-patching AppleHDA ... Done.
AppleHDA892.kext appears to be loadable (including linkage for on-disk libraries).
Do you want to copy AppleHDA892.kext to: /System/Library/Extensions? (y/n) y
Do you want to reboot now? (y/n)
type y (for Yes) and the system will reboot giving you the Audio.
Note 1: the script generates AppleHDA892.kext in S/L/E, a kext that bypass AppleHDA.kext (so no need to patch anything after System Update!)
Note 2: DSDT edit and AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext edit are still mandatory to have proper HDMI Audio​

A few more steps:

- If Auto Sleep doesn't work follow this steps:
- open terminal and type "pmset -g assertions" (no quotes)
- if you see something like that
Code:
Assertion status system-wide:
PreventUserIdleDisplaySleep 0
PreventSystemSleep 0
PreventUserIdleSystemSleep 0
ExternalMedia 0
DisableLowPowerBatteryWarnings 0
UserIsActive 0
ApplePushServiceTask 0
BackgroundTask 1

lmediamounted" 
pid 192(helpd): [0x0000000c00000133] 00:03:06 BackgroundTask named: "com.apple.helpd.sdmbuilding"

you just have to type "launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchAgents/com.apple.helpd.plist".
- type again "pmset -g assertions", and when all numbers are 0 you go on
- Reboot and try Autosleep
- If Safari/Firefox crashes on Flash Player plug-in YouTube videos (mostly with discrete graphic card) follow these steps:
  • Choose a web video that gives you this issue (not all videos do that, I believe just those ones that require Flash Player plug-in)
  • Don't play it, otherwise the system will probably crash (but you already know that, don't you?)
  • Right click on the video and choose settings
  • A window like this will appear
    58866-hw-flash-player.png
  • Simply uncheck Enable Hardware Acceleration (my pic is in italian, I guess you'll find it in your system language)
  • Close and re-open the browser (Safari/Firefox) and check: hopefully that will do the trick.

That's it.
Please feel free to report bugs, error, and anything that could be useful for this guide and Zotac Z77 ITX users! :thumbup:

Credits

Tonymac for Unibeast method
MacMan for MSRDumper
SJ_UnderWater for MaciASL, Patcho and DPCI Manager
PJALM for the great support and his DSDT patches
samisnake for patched bios info
samisnake for auto sleep info
CodeRush for patched bios
toleda for HDMI audio here and here
toleda for Hex editing work
toleda for SSDT support
flytiger for auto sleep info
rcork for system profiler info
PikeRAlpha and Jeroen for SSDT script
PikeRAlpha for AppleHDA892.kext
minihack for info and DSDTSE patches
miramar for info and patch
Groths for Trim Enabler
Hilbe for IR Receiver installation
MacintoshHealer for great support

Uploaded some pictures​

46601-img-1419.jpg

46602-img-1420.jpg

46603-img-1424.jpg

46604-img-1426.jpg

46605-img-1429.jpg

Attachments

• zotacz77hd4k Mavericks.zip
    3.3 KB · Views: 254
  • caches_rebuild.command.zip
    870 bytes · Views: 251
Last edited by a moderator:
New installation guide, based on Mavericks OS 10.9.1 with UEFI Clover bootloader
Outdated! I leave it here just for reference. For the updated Clover Installation Guide, see here

54596-streacom.jpg

Components

Intel® Core™ i7-3770T Processor 8M Cache, up to 3.70 GHz
[AMAZON-uk]http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B008ACVF9A/[/AMAZON-uk]

Zotac Z77 ITX WiFi
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0089OJHBW/

Corsair Vengeance LP Blue 16 GB (2x8 GB) DDR3 1600MHz
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009M0TCHQ/

SAMSUNG 830 Series 2.5-Inch 256GB
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0077CR66A/

Crucial m4 256GB mSATA Internal Solid State Drive
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0085J17UA/

Seagate ST2000DM001 Barracuda 7200RPM 2 TB SATA 6 GB/s
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005T3GRN2/

Gelid Slim Silence I-Plus CPU Cooler
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0058W3IUO/

Streacom F7C EVO Chassis
[AMAZON-uk]http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00958DA5K/[/AMAZON-uk]

PicoPSU-160-XT High Power 24 Pin Mini-ITX Power Supply
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005TWE6B8/

192w AC-DC Power Adapter, 12v 16A
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00905I1TI/

Sony Optiarc Blu Ray Slim RW BD5850H
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827118072

Belkin F8T016 Mini Bluetooth Adapter
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001E96JBK/

Noctua NF-R8 PWM Cooling Fan
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006GD30UC/

Apple Wireless Keyboard
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005DLDO4U/

Apple Magic Mouse
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002TLTGM6/

Apple Infrared Remote Control
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002TPFNXS/

MacBook Pro Infrared board
http://www.powerbookmedic.com/MacBook-Pro-Infrared-board-p-18041.html

OSX Mavericks
http://www.apple.com/osx/

Comments

Lately I am experiencing Uefi boot. Chameleon/Chimera support Uefi only if they're installed on EFI partition (see Tonymac's guide here), but I had some problem when partitioning my System SSD, loosing the bootloader, with the annoying re-install procedure to copy Extra folder on EFI. Clover doesn't have this issue, so I decided to dig into that.
At the moment only one thing I can't manage to work: the SLEEP function (tips are gratefully accepted!).
So here's the install process with Unibeast method + Clover on UEFI bios mode.

Everything is working fine:
- Full native Ivy Bridge Power Management with custom SSDT
- HDMI audio (all video ports)
- WiFi on board (Atheros AR9285, DSDT editing required - onboard AR3001 Bluetooth partially working, not recommended)
- Both Ethernet ports fully functional
- Belkin 2.0 Bluetooth dongle (either in usb 2.0 and 3.0) Working in BIOS and Chameleon bootloader
- Wake on LAN
- Sleep, Autosleep and Wake​

I've tried to make this guide as simple and detailed as possible. Please feel free to make it better with tips and tricks I've missed.
If you're interested in more details, or if you need Mountain Lion rather than Mavericks, please check my original guide, Giacomoleopardo Build - ZOTAC Z77-ITX WiFi - Core i7-3770T - MacMini 6,2

Installation

Tools:
- Latest Zotac bios
- UniBeast for Mavericks and MultiBeast for Mavericks
- MaciASL Open Beta for editing .aml files. By SJ_UnderWater
- KextBeast
- IOJones registry explorer. By SJ_UnderWater
- DPCIManager 1.5 Open Beta. By SJ_UnderWater
- Clover installer
- Clover Configurator
- Kext Wizard
- Trim Enabler. By Groths
- Mavericks install App from AppStore (free if you already have a Snow Leopard 10.6.8 (or newer) Mac or Hack
- A working Mac or Hackintosh machine​

Basically the steps are:
  • install OSX with UniBeast method (with Bios mode Legacy)
  • install and configure Clover (still in Bios mode Legacy)
  • change Bios mode to uEFI Win8

Step 1 - Update Bios
- I flashed BIOS using Zotac Windows utility with new Zotac BIOS release. Of course I installed Windows 8 to do that. I guess it's possible to flash bios from dos as well, but since I never did that, I can't help about it. Thanks to CodeRush whom worked with Zotac developers, the unlocking process of bios is no longer needed! The latest bios has unlocked MSR 0xE2 module which gives us the opportunity to have native Ivy Bridge Power Management and everything is working as expected on OSX! Here's what I did:
  • Booted the system into Windows
  • downloaded new Zotac bios
  • flashed BIOS following Zotac instructions (put the content of the unzipped folder into a new folder C:BIOS, then run the update command)
  • loaded optimized default and set bios as stated in Step 2

Step 2 - Bios configuration
Check the OP and set your Bios as stated. Please note that the last step (Boot preferences) still remains the same, for now. That's because we need legacy mode to install OSX with UniBeast method. I know there are other methods involving a usb Clover install, but I feel comfortable with UniBeast, maybe in the next future I'll dig into those procedures.

Step 3 - Mavericks Installation
- Install Mavericks with UniBeast method as explained in Tonymac's guide. Note: at step #4/2 press F8 to choose boot device, and at step 4/4 you'll probably have to type dart=0 before hitting enter, otherwise you won't reach installation screen. Take your time, install process will take 15-20 minutes.
- Reboot from Unibeast and at Chimera screen choose your new OSX installed partition (still typing dart=0, if necessary)
- Now it's time to edit DSDT​

Thanks to the massive work of forum moderator PJALM, and forum moderator SJ_UnderWater, now just three patches are necessary to make this board fully functional. Simply follow these steps.
- Download MaciASL from here, unzip it and open it. It automatically will open a "native" DSDT. It's important to know that these patches can be applied just one time, so if you want to re-patch dsdt you'll have to start from a native dsdt again. So my advice is: save a backup copy of this file just in case you need to re-patch it. To do that just go to MaciASL menu bar click on File/Save as, choose the directory where you want to keep your backup native dsdt, select Disassembled ASL file as File Format and name it "native dsdt.dsl" (add extension manually).
- in Menu bar open MaciASL\Preferences and select Sources in Preferences window
- set iASL as ACPI 5.0 as in the following picture
57590-maciasl-1.png
- select Sources icon, click on "+" to add Name and URL of the patches that you need: in my case they are

- Close completely MaciASL and re-open it: again a native DSDT will appear as before, click on Patch command: now in the left side of the Patch window you should see all the patches we've just added like this
58363-zotac-dsdt-patches.png
- select in Zotac Z77-ITX but before applying, remember to delete the Atheros part from the patch itself (in the right window of MaciASL) I mean this part
Code:
# Fix the Atheros AR9285 WiFi and rename it to ARPT
into device label PXSX parent_label RP01 set_label begin ARPT end;
into method label HPME parent_label RP01 code_regex (Notify\s\()PXSX(,\s0x02\)) replace_matched begin %1ARPT%2 end;
into device label ARPT parent_label RP01 replace_content begin
Name (_ADR, Zero)\n
Name (_SUN, One)\n
{\n
	Store (Package (0x10) {\n
		"AAPL,slot-name", "AirPort",\n
		"name", "Wireless Network Adapter",\n
		"model", Buffer () {"Atheros AR9285 802.11 a/b/g/n Wireless Network Adapter"},\n
		"device_type", Buffer (0x07) {"AirPort"},\n
		"device-id", Unicode ("0"),\n
		"subsystem-id", Buffer (0x04) {0x8F,0x00,0x00,0x00},\n
		"subsystem-vendor-id", Buffer (0x04) {0x6B,0x10,0x00,0x00},\n
		"built-in", Buffer (One) {0x01}\n
	}, Local0)\n
	DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))\n
	Return (Local0)\n
}
end;
That's the Atheros AR9285 WiFi card, which is not natively supported by osx. This patch was working in Mountain Lion 10.8.4, but is no longer working. So we need to apply PJALM AIO Patch without the Atheros part, then use toleda's Atheros patch (modified) as following:
- After removing Atheros part from PJALM AIO, click on Apply, then Close. Now click on Compile command: no Errors, Warnings nor Remarks should appear, but some Warnings may stay: they won't affect your installation; the mandatory thing is NOT TO HAVE ERRORS when compiling a DSDT! Go on
- Re-open patch windows and under PJALM Graphics select
  • Generic Discrete Graphics (AMD/nVidia) to enable HDMI Audio if you have a discrete graphic card or
  • Intel HD4000 to enable HDMI Audio if you have ONLY Intel HD 4000 onboard graphic)
- Apply your right patch and check compile: still you should have 0 Errors, X Warnings, X Remarks, XX Optimizations.
- select toleda's patch for Atheros AR9x8x in MaciASL but before applying it, remember to change RP07 into RP01. That would be from this
Code:
#
#
# edit patch file:
# dsdt edit looks like:
#            {
#
into device Label PXSX parent_label [B][SIZE=4]RP07[/SIZE][/B] replace_content  begin
Name (_ADR, Zero)\n
Name (_SUN, One)\n
    {\n
	    Return (Package()\n
               {\n
	    })\n
    }\n
end;
into this
Code:
#
#
# edit patch file:
# dsdt edit looks like:
#            {
#
into device Label PXSX parent_label [SIZE=4][B]RP01[/B][/SIZE] replace_content  begin
Name (_ADR, Zero)\n
Name (_SUN, One)\n
    {\n
	    Return (Package()\n
               {\n
	    })\n
    }\n
end;
- Apply and Compile as usual (0 Errors)
- Now we need to apply a little change to make Audio HDMI working with Clover. As stated by toleda, here, we need to delete layout id in HDEF section of DSDT.
- Find HDEF in DSDT
81083-dsdt-edit-1.png
- scroll down a bit, select the layout id line and delete it
81084-dsdt-edit-2.jpg
- Change
Code:
Store (Package (0x0E)
to
Code:
Store (Package (0x0C)
and the final result will be
81086-dsdt-edit-4.jpg
- Compile
- Go to MaciASL menu bar click on File/Save as, choose desktop as directory, select ACPI Machine Language Binary as File Format and name it "dsdt.aml" (add extension manually).
In post #1 of the original Mountain Lion guide you can find the red steps I made to patch dsdt manually (before PJALM All In One patches). I left them in the thread 'cause they're still valuable infos for more than somebody.

MultiBeast configuration​

- Download and run the latest MultiBeast for Mavericks. Choose the options as stated down here
82412-multibeast-10-9-1.png
As you can notice, I didn't choose any Audio kext over here. That's why there's a way to enable full Audio with a new method discovered by PikeRAlpha. We'll deal with that at the end of this post

Furthermore, I've removed Lnx2Mac's Realtek kext from MultiBeast options. It seems to give some issues (Network not connected when hot plugging the ethernet cable, connected only after rebooting). I tried Mieze's RealtekRTL8111 v. 1.1.3 kext with full success. So download it from here, put it on desktop and run KextBeast.

Power Management Configuration​

Time to load Ivy Bridge Power Management.

A great thread where I learn a lot of stuff about Power Management (PM) is this, if you want to learn, give it a shot!
AppleGraphicsPowerManagement no longer needs optimization! If you want to learn more about that take a look at here.
Now we need to get CPU PM (generating SSDT.aml).
- Download SSDT generation script from here (attached in post n. 1 of that thread) and unzip it
- In Download Folder click just one time on unzipped ssdtPRGen and you'll see ssdtPRGen.command and ssdtPRGen.sh (alias) in your User Folder.
- Click another time on the unzipped ssdtPRGen and a Terminal window will appear asking for your password. Type it (even if you don't see anything actually typing) and press Enter. You should see something like this
79825-ssdt-gen-script-mav.png
then press y and in your /Extra folder you'll find a file named ssdt_pr.aml. Simply rename it ssdt.aml to get power management for your cpu.
- Open Disk Utility from Application\Utility, select your Mavericks partition and repair permission
- Open Kext Wizard, select your Mavericks partition and re-build cache.

- Now you have to check the right mappature of physical connectors: probably they will be wrong, so you'll need to edit hex codes of AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelFramebufferCapri
- Open IOJones, type display0 in search field (up right corner), select display0 in the left main window and delete display0 in the search field. Scroll up the left side of the window to see where actually your monitor is plugged in. This board has three port: two hdmi (port 0x05 AppleIntelFramebuffer@0, and port 0x06 AppleIntelFramebuffer@1) and a Mini DisplayPort (port 0x07 AppleIntelFramebuffer@2).
native capri.jpg
As you can see in the picture above, my display is plugged in the first hdmi port 0x6 near the Ethernet port (port-number 0x6 at the bottom of the right window) showing display0 in AppleIntelFramebuffer@1. Click on that and in the right side of the window check these values
av-signal-type
connector-type
For both HDMI ports correct values are
connector-type ---->00 08 00 00
Instead of that, native mappature of AppleIntelFrameBufferCapri shows
av-signal-type ----->02 00 00 00
Of course to check the second hdmi port you have to plug your monitor in it and look for AppleIntelFramebuffer@0 and for Mini DisplayPort find AppleIntelFramebuffer@2
For MiniDisplayPort correct values are

To insert the correct values proceed as following:

Thanks to Forum Moderator SJ_UnderWater, who made this, attached to this post you'll find zotacz77hd4k.zip Mavericks, a hex binary patcher based on SJ's open source Patcho, that automatically turn the wrong hex values of AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext into the right ones. It uses a self-elevating process, that means no need for terminal nor sudo typing. Simply do the next steps:
- Download zotacz77hd4k Mavericks.zip from attached files down here
- Unzip zotacz77hd4k Mavericks.zip
- Double click to unzipped zotacz77hd4k (exec dark grey icon)
- Type your password, press Enter...done!
Something like this
79828-script-capri-mav.png
- Repair Permissions with Disk Utility and rebuild cache with Kext Wizard
- Reboot
Note 1: If Gatekeeper is on you won't be able to double-click, just right-click and choose Open.
Note 2: Save somewhere your edited AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext in case of System Update, it could be useful to avoid editing it again!
- Open IOJones and check connectors av-signal-type and connector-type as explained above. Now your values should be correct. Like this
remapped capri.jpg
If you want to do it manually, in post #4 of the original Mountain Lion guide check the red colored steps

- Time to install and configure Clover.
- Install Clover following these settings (sorry, it's in Italian, but I guess you'll deal with it nicely:))
81126-install-clover.png
- The EFI partition will appear on your Desktop at the end of the install process
- Copy your custom DSDT.aml and SSDT.aml in EFI\EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched
- We need to set the config file (through Clover Configurator), that's the key. Clover and config have a huge amount of settings, in our case, having a custom made dsdt and ssdt, we need to inject just a few things.
I'M NOT A CLOVER EXPERT, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO REPORT ANY KIND OF TIP, HERE, TO IMPROVE PERFORMANCE AND/OR COMPATIBILITY WITH THIS RIG!
For more info take a look at here
- Install Clover Configurator
- Open EFI\EFI\CLOVER\config with Clover Configurator
- Set like these screenshots
81090-config-1.jpg

101667-darkwake-8.png

Select XMP if your Ram supports it (and of course set in on bios)
81092-config-3.jpg

81283-config-4.jpg

Please note that in we inject ID 3 Layout (type manually) in order to get proper Audio
81094-config-5.jpg

81095-config-6.png

81096-config-7.jpg

81097-config-8.jpg

81101-config-12.jpg

81099-config-10.jpg

81100-config-11.jpg

81101-config-12.jpg
We set really a few things, due to the fact that Clover takes care of almost everything.
- Reboot and in Bios set Boot uEFI OS Selection as [uEFI Win8] like this
115065-bios-10-clover.jpg

If you want (for any reason) to re-install clover, here are the steps:
- Make a backup of your custom DSDT.aml and SSDT.aml (you have to mount EFI partition opening Clover Configurator, then copy them to any proper backup folder)
- Open Terminal
- Type sudo -s
- type password (even if you don’t see anything)
- type diskutil list
- check EFI partition IDENTIFIER
81127-efi-identifier.png
- type newfs_msdos -v EFI /dev/disk0s1 (or whatever is your EFI IDENTIFIER) to reformat EFI in msdos format
- type mkdir /Volumes/EFI
- type mount_msdos /dev/disk0s1 /Volumes/EFI and the EFI partition will appear on your system. Check, it should be empty and ready to install Clover again, but first
- reboot (using UniBeast usb with Legacy Mode in Bios) and you won’t see EFI anymore, now you can install Clover at your convenience (Config.plist, OEM DSDT.aml and/or SSDT.aml, etc).
- reboot with Uefi Bios Mode (Win 8)​

As promised, now we have to take care about Audio.
Until now, each one of us had to patch AppleHDA.kext (if you have dsdt edits) or get HDAEnabler (without edited dsdt), and every system update we had to repatch it.
Now it's time to try a new method. Thanks to PikeRAlpha whom discovered it, and to the great support of Forum Moderator Toleda, here's a "New style of AppleHDA.kext patching".
- Find the audio controller of your motherboard (in this case Realtek ALC892)
- Download AppleHDA8Series.sh from Pike's Git-Hub repo (on the right column of the linked page click on Download ZIP)
- In your download folder you'll find now a folder named AppleHDA8Series.sh-master, open and copy AppleHDA8Series.sh on your desktop (step not necessary, you can leave there, just at your convenience)
- Open a Terminal window, drag and drop AppleHDA8Series.sh into it and add
Code:
-b AppleHDA -b AppleHDAController
the result will be something like this (of course the path will change if you have AppleHDA8Series.sh in any other folder than desktop)
Code:
Mac-mini-di-giac:~ giac$ /Users/giac/Desktop/AppleHDA8Series.sh -b AppleHDA -b AppleHDAController
- Press Enter and you'll find this text
Code:
This script must be run as root!

WARNING: Improper use of the sudo command could lead to data loss
or the deletion of important system files. Please double-check your
typing when using sudo. Type "man sudo" for more information.

To proceed, enter your password, or type Ctrl-C to abort.

Password:
of course type your password (even if you don't see anything typing) and press Enter again
- Next step you'll see
Code:
AppleHDA8Series.sh v2.2 Copyright (c) 2013-2014 by Pike R. Alpha
                    patched XML files by Toleda and contributors
----------------------------------------------------------------
The supported Realtek ALC codecs for AppleHDA8Series.sh are:

[1] Realtek ALC  885 (0x10EC0885 / 283904133)
    [2] Realtek ALC  887 (0x10EC0887 / 283904135)
    [3] Realtek ALC  888 (0x10EC0888 / 283904136)
    [4] Realtek ALC  889 (0x10EC0889 / 283904137)
    [5] Realtek ALC  892 (0x10EC0892 / 283904146)
    [6] Realtek ALC  898 (0x10EC0899 / 283904153)
    [7] Realtek ALC 1150 (0x10EC0900 / 283904256)

Please choose the desired codec for the hardware: [B]5[/B]
Choose the right controller for your motherboard (mine is 5, ALC 892) and press Enter
- Then the script will ask you
Code:
Do you want to use [3] as the layout-id (y/n)? y
I have only HD4000 so I typed y (for yes) and Enter, if you have a discrete card supporting HDMI Audio, type n (for no), Enter, and choose the option 1 (not tested, but I guess it will work) ---> For more info about layout id, see toleda's threads here and here
- The next step asks you to choose the Info.plist. According to Pike's instruction choose 4 and Enter
Code:
Warning: 'MaximumBootBeepVolume' property NOT found (will show a Sound assertion in: system.log)
Looking in /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext for the ConfigData
Looking in /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext for the ConfigData
Error: ConfigData NOT found!
Downloading https://raw.github.com/toleda/audio_ALC892/master/892.zip ...
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
100 18162  100 18162    0     0  18485      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 18476

Unzipping Archive:  /tmp/ALC892.zip
   creating: /tmp/892/
  inflating: /tmp/892/Info-84.plist  
  inflating: /tmp/892/Info-85.plist  
  inflating: /tmp/892/Info-90.plist  
  inflating: /tmp/892/Info-91.plist  
 extracting: /tmp/892/layout1.xml.zlib  
 extracting: /tmp/892/layout2.xml.zlib  
 extracting: /tmp/892/layout3.xml.zlib  
  inflating: /tmp/892/Platforms.xml.zlib  

The available Info.plist files for the ALC 892 are:

[1] /tmp/892/Info-84.plist
[2] /tmp/892/Info-85.plist
[3] /tmp/892/Info-90.plist
[4] /tmp/892/Info-91.plist

Please choose the matching Info.plist (1/4) [B]4[/B]
- Last step, after this message
Code:
Looking in: /tmp/892/Info-91.plist for the ConfigData
ConfigData for Realtek ALC 892 found!
IUccECFHHUAhRx4RIUcfkCFXHCAhVx0QIVceASFXHwEhZxzwIWcdACFnHgAhZx9AIXcc8CF3HQAhdx4AIXcfQCGHHEAhhx2QIYceoCGHH5AhlxxgIZcdkCGXHoEhlx8CIaccUCGnHTAhpx6BIacfASG3HHAhtx1AIbceISG3HwIh5xyQIecdYSHnHksh5x8BIfcc8CH3HQAh9x4AIfcfQCEXHPAhFx0AIRceACEXH0A=
Creating AppleHDA892.kext in: /Users/giac
Copying AppleHDA ...
Bin-patching AppleHDA ... Done.
AppleHDA892.kext appears to be loadable (including linkage for on-disk libraries).
Do you want to copy AppleHDA892.kext to: /System/Library/Extensions? (y/n) y
Do you want to reboot now? (y/n)
type y (for Yes) and the system will reboot giving you the Audio.
Note 1: the script generates AppleHDA892.kext in S/L/E, a kext that bypass AppleHDA.kext (so no need to patch anything after System Update!)
Note 2: DSDT edit and AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext edit are still mandatory to have proper HDMI Audio​

A few more steps:

- I had troubles with iMessage and FaceTime login. So I decided to
  • boot in bios Legacy Mode (see OP) with Chameleon
  • open Chameleon Wizard, update FileNVRAM.dylib and Keylayout.dylib on Modules section, like this
    71504-chameleon-2.png
  • rebuild cache with Kext Wizard
  • reboot (still Legacy bios and Chameleon)
  • reboot with bios UEFI Mode (Clover)

- If Safari/Firefox crashes on Flash Player plug-in YouTube videos (mostly with discrete graphic card) follow these steps:
  • Choose a web video that gives you this issue (not all videos do that, I believe just those ones that require Flash Player plug-in)
  • Don't play it, otherwise the system will probably crash (but you already know that, don't you?)
  • Right click on the video and choose settings
  • A window like this will appear
    58866-hw-flash-player.png
  • Simply uncheck Enable Hardware Acceleration (my pic is in italian, I guess you'll find it in your system language)
  • Close and re-open the browser (Safari/Firefox) and check: hopefully that will do the trick.

That's it.
Please feel free to report bugs, error, and anything that could be useful for this guide and Zotac Z77 ITX users! :thumbup:

Credits

Tonymac for Unibeast method
MacMan for MSRDumper
SJ_UnderWater for MaciASL, Patcho and DPCI Manager
PJALM for the great support and his DSDT patches
samisnake for patched bios info
samisnake for auto sleep info
CodeRush for patched bios
toleda for HDMI audio here and here
toleda for Hex editing work
toleda for SSDT support
toleda for Airport dsdt patch