Contribute
Register

Giacomoleopardo Build - ZOTAC Z77-ITX WiFi - Core i7-3770T - MacMini 6,2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Giacomoleopardo Build - ZOTAC Z77-ITX WiFi - Core i7-3770T - MacMini 6,2 on Mavericks

i know its better to use that same processor, but can u suggest an alternate im kind of on a budget.

Giacomoleopardo Build - ZOTAC Z77-ITX WiFi - Core i7-3770T - MacMini 6,2 on Mavericks

i know its better to use that same processor, but can u suggest an alternate im kind of on a budget.
You can use any ivy bridge cpu with integrated graphics hd4000, such i7 3770, 3770k, 3770s, or i5 3570k, or i3 3245, 3225

Hi Giac,

Using clover and the new audio method, did you have any other audio outputs, or just display port/HDMI?

Parallel

Hi Giac,

Using clover and the new audio method, did you have any other audio outputs, or just display port/HDMI?

Parallel

Hey Parallel!
I have all the available audio sources.
100882-audio.png
Maybe you forgot to edit the HDEF part on dsdt? Here are the differences between a chameleon\chimera dsdt
100880-dsdt-chameleon.png
and a clover dsdt (just for Z77 boards)
100881-dsdt-clover.png
and of course, in config.plist
81283-config-4.jpg

EDIT: BTW, this Audio method by PikeRAlpha survived to the system update from 10.9.2 to 10.9.4

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi Giac,

Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately that wasn't the issue - I had deleted that layout-id section of HDEF appropriately as per your guide.

Turns out the new AppleHDA892 kext wasn't being loaded as I had inadvertently put some AppleHDA kext patches in the clover config.plist which meant that the vanilla HDA kext was being patched for DisplayPort and therefore loaded, which blocked the new 892 kext. Once I removed the patches from the config, I got all my outputs back!

Guys, I'm trying WOL. It works, but the screen doesn't seem to wake up, unless I touch the keyboard or the mouse. I assume it could be related to an OSX issue and not to the board itself, since kevsmith4 has the same behavior on ASRock Z77E as posted here. Furthermore, on Windows 8.1 it works nicely, the screen wakes up as well as the machine and it works even from a shut down (from Windows, of course, not OSX). Any tip would be really appreciated.

Reporting WOL perfectly functioning.
Added darkwake=8 to the boot flags.
Thanks to kevsmith4
In org.chameleon.Boot.plist
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>DropSSDT</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Graphics Mode</key>
	<string>1920x1080x32</string>
	<key>IGPEnabler</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Kernel</key>
	<string>mach_kernel</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>dart=0 [B]darkwake=8[/B]</string>
	<key>Legacy Logo</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Timeout</key>
	<string>2</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Or in config.plist for Clover
101668-darkwake-8-arrow.png

Guides updated!

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi Giac,

As you may have guessed, I think your guides are great! Can I suggest some minor changes for the clover guide?

Firstly, I note you still created the USB via UniBeast. I used the guide by TonyMac here and with this board, its use the UEFI capable settings.

Benefits: This creates the recovery partition allowing Back to my Mac to work.

Secondly, for iMessaqe, I could log in, but was unable to send messages as contacts showed in red, but following thew System ID fix by jaymonkey here fixed it. Basically, running the following command in terminal:

Code:
uuidgen

and pasting the result in Clover Configurator under System Parameters / Custom UUID (the last clover screenshot you have given) and having Inject System ID checked on the same page. Saving and rebooting without caches.

The only other thing I found I had to do was to fix an initialisation error 70017 on the Blu ray drive when loading DVD's by installing the kext by SJ Underwater found here. However, I do have a different drive to yourself. I'm using a Panasonic UJ-265 Blu ray writer so this may not be needed in your build. - This is not needed as it was actually caused by the version of blu-ray player software I was using which has now been fixed.

The last comment I would make is that I'm guessing you used the same Multibeast configuration screen shot in both guides ;) as I don't believe the following settings are needed when using Clover:

Code:
Drivers > System > AppleRTC Patch for CMOS Reset
Customize > Boot Options > Basic Boot Options
Customize > System Definitions > Mac mini > Mac Mini 6,2
Customize > Themes > tonymacx86 Black

Although,

Code:
Drivers > System > AppleRTC Patch for CMOS Reset

Maybe needed with your version of Clover, but I can't see the screen shot for Kernel and Kext Patches where you can select Apple RTC to replace this.

I also left my SMBios config page in Clover Configurator completely bank with no side effects as far as I can tell.

But I would never have gotten this far without your guide to begin with, so thank you very much. The only thing I can't have working properly is the green screen issue with iTunes purchased content :(

Last comment: Using EFI method adds an extra option in bios about graphics output. I remember seeing it, but can't for the life of me remember which tab it's on. The reason for mentioning though is that with that set, I don't get the blank screen issue I had at switch on and had an annoying work around for (I had to power the monitor on about 2 seconds after the hack box!). I thought this might mean that you can use the built in DisplayPorts with your apple cinema display?

Thanks again,

Parallel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back