Contribute
Register

Giacomoleopardo Build - ZOTAC Z77-ITX WiFi - Core i7-3770T - MacMini 6,2

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. BIOS:
- initial giacomo's tutorial on the Prodigy-cased Z77N-build
This is not the same motherboard. I strongly suggest to follow the OP guide of this thread, not the Gigabyte Z77N one. The following advices are part of Zotac guide.

2. Pre-Install:
- tony's Guide w/ your files => the LAN-kext didnt work, I had to rename it from ...8111.kext ...81xx.kext
That's strange...I can confirm Mieze's New Driver for Realtek RTL8111 v. 1.2.3 still works on my Zotac rig. The file uploaded in the OP here is the same downloaded from insanely repo
136204-lan-zotac.png
Make sure both LANs are enabled in bios settings.
Bios>Advanced>OnBoard Device Config, set PCI-E GigaLAN1 Controller and PCI-E GigaLAN2 Controller to Enabled
136202-img-2304.jpg

3. Post-Install
- Audio: I had to use Audio ID 1, not 3
Toleda reports correct 7 Series boards layout as 3, not 1. Make sure your config.plist has the FrameBuffer Capri binary patched, open it with Clover Configurator and check Kernel and Kext Patches
136208-zotac-patches.png

And then something VERY awkward happened: I had HUGE difficulties to enter the BIOS. No chance to get into Boot Options via F12, no way to get into BIOS without permanently hitting Delete. If I did try "normally" nothing happened, the screens were on but simply stayed black. I finally managed (by permamently holding delete) and booted into Clover on my original test install, this one went well.

However, an another restart the same happened. It was almost impossible to enter the BIOS, instead the screens were on but simply stayed black.
The right command to gain Bios boot menu is F8 on Zotac boards. F12 is used by Gigabyte boards
136203-img-2305.jpg

Could this have something to do with NO MBR-based hard drive in the hacky any more?
Normally a GUID partition is recognized by the bios as long as the UEFI mode is active. Maybe the bios is not working properly? You could always flash to the latest one

Last edited by a moderator:
Woops! Sorry iprecious, I noticed right now that you've been referring to Gigabyte Z77N as your mobo, not the Zotac one. My mistake.
Unfortunately I no longer have that board, so I can't test it anymore. Try to find somebody that has uefi bios settings on that board, or maybe on another gigabyte at least.
I'm sure it's been related to Bios Features\CSM Support to be set as "Never", or "UEFI Only", or something like that.
No clue about the Mieze LAN kext (but, still: it's an amazing kext, working on most realtek LANs!). I would ask her directly in her insanely thread

I just had to play around a bit, because some crucial things went wrong: After Wake-up I didnt have LAN. I had this problem already in my 10.8 config, had to restart in safe mode, fix permissions, restart with changing the LAN cable to the respective other LAN port. This ALWAYS worked on 10.8.

Now I re-formatted the EFI partition on my SSD, re-installed Clover, the BIOS difficulties seem to be overcome: I can start 10.10 flawlessly from the SSD, no more probs with the BIOS (I REALLY don't know what went wrong, the setting is to UEFI only). I did the restart routine several times: no probs at all.

I tried your (a.k.a. miezes) LAN-kext, rebuild chaches, no LAN. I finally used the one I had on my 10.8 system, rebuild caches, now it's working. In BIOS both LAN ports are enabled.

If LAN stops working again I will put some more energy into that, for the moment every-day life is screaming to be managed ... :)

Audio isn't working for the moment, I might see into that during the weekend, but for the moment there's not really too much time for that :(

Nonetheless: Giacomo, THANKS again for putting together all this knowledge!!!!!

I'm attempting to set up a new build using this board but whenever I apply PJALM's Zotac patch my system kernel panics upon reboot.

zotac-KP.jpg

If I only apply the 7-series generic patch and HD3000 graphics patch it boots fine. FYI, I'm using a 2700K processor with this board if that makes a difference.

Any ideas?

Hi, first of all thanks for this great guide Giacomo. Im following your directions to build my first hackintosh but i dont get this part.

"- STEP 2/20 - Use configUSB.plist (see attachments of this post)
- STEP 2/22,23,24 - Use 10.10 usb folder (see attachments of this post)"

What do you mean with "use"? What should i do with those files?

Thanks!

Hi, first of all thanks for this great guide Giacomo. Im following your directions to build my first hackintosh but i dont get this part.

"- STEP 2/20 - Use configUSB.plist (see attachments of this post)
- STEP 2/22,23,24 - Use 10.10 usb folder (see attachments of this post)"

What do you mean with "use"? What should i do with those files?

Thanks!
the steps I was referring to are related to tony's Yosemite guide. Replace config.plist and the kext folder of tony's guide with the ones in my original post, cause mine's are meant for Zotac's board specifically

Thanks for helping me Giacomo. Since its my first hackintosh using clover its not a surprise that it didnt go well...:crazy:

Im having a lot of troubles with the bootloader being stuck if i use my GTX 660 which is supposed to be native supported by OSX 10.10 (bios configured with PEG as first display). And well... Problems with my IGX too.:banghead: The only difference between my build and yours is that im using an intel i5-3330 (HD 2500, so i used PJALM HD2500 instead of HD4000 when i build my DSDT)

I followed your guide but i encountered 2 problems:

The first problem was that using your FakeSMC clovers hangs before reaching installation so i just used a newer FakeSMC from Tonymacx86.

The second problem was that I had to "remake" my EFI partition. I dont know why but it was empty so i used Clover installer again to rebuild it so i could access efi folders to start patching DSDT, SSDT and install kexts. The thing is that im not sure if what i did was ok or did i mess something.

Until now I've figured out some things, like its better to use DVI-I cable and avoid adapters because Hackintosh have a lot of issues with vga port and that maybe my TV is causing troubles too with HDMI so i will buy a new monitor with DVI-I and HDMI Port to accomplish my build.

Any clues what could be wrong? Any advice would be great.

Thanks!

pd: Sorry for my english, im not a native speaker.

Thanks for helping me Giacomo. Since its my first hackintosh using clover its not a surprise that it didnt go well...:crazy:

Im having a lot of troubles with the bootloader being stuck if i use my GTX 660 which is supposed to be native supported by OSX 10.10 (bios configured with PEG as first display). And well... Problems with my IGX too.:banghead: The only difference between my build and yours is that im using an intel i5-3330 (HD 2500, so i used PJALM HD2500 instead of HD4000 when i build my DSDT)

I followed your guide but i encountered 2 problems:

The first problem was that using your FakeSMC clovers hangs before reaching installation so i just used a newer FakeSMC from Tonymacx86.

The second problem was that I had to "remake" my EFI partition. I dont know why but it was empty so i used Clover installer again to rebuild it so i could access efi folders to start patching DSDT, SSDT and install kexts. The thing is that im not sure if what i did was ok or did i mess something.

Until now I've figured out some things, like its better to use DVI-I cable and avoid adapters because Hackintosh have a lot of issues with vga port and that maybe my TV is causing troubles too with HDMI so i will buy a new monitor with DVI-I and HDMI Port to accomplish my build.

Any clues what could be wrong? Any advice would be great.

Thanks!

pd: Sorry for my english, im not a native speaker.

I finally made it work! I just got my DVI monitor so I rebuild the installation USB with a few modifications.

1) Taking in mind my own build I disable the Intel Inject because im using PEG
2) Modified SMBIOS from Macmini to Imac 13.2 (Almost same CPU and GPU)
3) Patch Zotac PEG generic from PJALM

Did a clean install, this time I was able to use your FakeSMC without and issue and now everything is perfect.

Thank you very much for your guide!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back